Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nervousness 11:21 - Apr 7 with 654 viewsBseaBlue

Thought that despite all of the talk about it just 'being another game' at our end from the players and KM, we had a lot of players that looked like they were nervous yesterday. Hladky, Burgess, Mass and Tuanzebe in particular looked as though the occasion got to them. Even Morsy started off a bit shaky.

That's quite uncharacteristic of us as usually we manage to find a way but we just seemed intimidated by them.

As I said after the Cardiff game though, I could see us bouncing back stronger from this. It would be typical of us to win the next five now as has previously been the case when struck with a difficult result.

It's still in our hands and the good thing with a mid week fixture means we can put it to bed quickly!
Nervousness on 11:32 - Apr 7 with 607 viewsbournemouthblue

I do think that first 15 minute phase for us, where we do seem to concede a lot of goals is a problem

And actually we again lacked composure in that first half with simple balls and touches which we kept missing

But I think the strategy was wrong and we were all to predictable with bad up to Moore who I am not convinced was fully fit

The Norwich centre backs dealt with all the high stuff quite comfortably, we clearly need more runs at them as Al-Hamadi showed

If we play them again, I'd be tempted to go with Al-Hamadi and Jackson from the off, assuming Burns isn't going to be back

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nervousness on 11:32 - Apr 7 with 605 viewsRyorry

I thought similar, but others said that if anything, they thought the opposite - we were too calm/laid back.

In the end I revised my view to the reported illness in the camp taking its toll (& their tactics, which stultified us). We usually depend a lot on our high energy, but you can't expect post-viral bodies to run at full-throttle for 95 minutes, same as you wouldn't expect any engine to if it only had 1/4 litre juice in the tank.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nervousness on 11:33 - Apr 7 with 596 viewsFrimleyBlue

It is either one of two things, we were tired or we were nervous.. Norwich didn't do anything special to stop us, and nor we did have to do much to stop them, their chances came from us passing the ball to them in poor positions.

But we just weren't the town of this season, I only don't any player came away with any credit from an individual performance point of view from an attacking sense. The defenders weren't picking out the wide players, luongo just didn't seem to drive into little pockets for davis and broadhead to utilise their usual triangle phases. Davis when he got the ball, didn't have an outlet infront of him. Moore wasn't mobile enough to cause any problems.
Chaplin was just marked and didn't bust a gut to make his own space.
Hutchinson rarely got the ball and when he did, tuenzebe wasn't anywhere near him to give an overlap. etc etc

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Nervousness on 11:39 - Apr 7 with 574 viewsBseaBlue

Nervousness on 11:32 - Apr 7 by bournemouthblue

I do think that first 15 minute phase for us, where we do seem to concede a lot of goals is a problem

And actually we again lacked composure in that first half with simple balls and touches which we kept missing

But I think the strategy was wrong and we were all to predictable with bad up to Moore who I am not convinced was fully fit

The Norwich centre backs dealt with all the high stuff quite comfortably, we clearly need more runs at them as Al-Hamadi showed

If we play them again, I'd be tempted to go with Al-Hamadi and Jackson from the off, assuming Burns isn't going to be back

The balls in behind when he came on were causing them more issues. I get that we have a system that we stick too but they were lacking pace and we didn't really seem to challenge that much.
Nervousness on 12:00 - Apr 7 with 500 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I thought they looked tired. I think Monday was probably more emotionally draining than we give credit for. My worry is that this is where the lack of true squad depth starts to show. We have plenty of viable options to put on the bench, but very few to start if key players need a rest.

Poll: Our final position

Nervousness on 13:03 - Apr 7 with 369 viewsIllinoisblue

The number of times we gave the ball away, often when not under any pressure, was so unlike us. Our front players could never get involved, no real overlaps in possession. Moore feeding off scraps (and not convinced he’s anywhere close to full fitness) … we we were very easy to play against which again is unlike us. The subs made a bit of difference but it was mostly huffing and puffing to no real effect. Angus Gunn will never have an easier game.

We haven’t had many bad days under KM and this could still be a great season. COYB

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024