Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? 11:16 - Apr 7 with 3334 viewsbournemouthblue

Harness > Whittaker
Luongo > not sure but someone with some mobility
Clarke > Walker-Peters maybe?
Wolfy/Burgess > An experienced PL centre back

Edit: Kipre from WBA is available on a free I believe, I'd take him right now frankly
I believe Mowatt is available also, I'm take him as a midfield option

I'd sign up a bigger more organised left back to backup Leif, a PL Greg Leigh if you will

A project like the striker from QPR, Armstrong is it?

What else do you need? Perhaps a new keeper depending on what happens with Hladky, they'll need to be good on the deck

I'm not saying this would be cheap either but it seems a fairly non-brainer for Whittaker in particular

KWP maybe out of our price range but would be real quality

No idea on central midfielders but need someone who is big and mobile and able to succeed Luongo

I suspect we would try and sign Sarmiento & Hutch or at least loan them again

I'm not sure on Moore and it isn't because he is very good, I just think we might be looking a bit more long term

Edit: I think we also need a succession plan for after McKenna for whenever he does move on
[Post edited 7 Apr 11:29]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 15:17 - Apr 7 with 2561 viewsFacefacts

Every position needs strengthening or adding a backup player. Really this is a huge challenge.

We are probably 10 to 12 new players away from being good enough to stay up in the PL..

That will take another two years of finishing top 6 of the championship, as we won't be able to attract (or sort out within FFP) more than 3 top quality players each window.

Dealing with the financial planning of this is huge, to stay within FFP. And shows how the parachute payments and the example of Leicester knowingly cheating to be able to stay strong enough to walk the championship without fear of being docked points NOW, when it matters. Football is .....ed.

But, on we go. I want us to get top 2 but what do we do in the summer? It will have to be quick fix, trying to do as much as we can. The real fear is losing Kieran McKenna after a poor start to the Premier League season.
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 15:19 - Apr 7 with 2549 viewsWeirdFishes

Good players you’ve mentioned but think we’d need higher quality than that to stay up. Luton likely won’t stay up and they signed Ross Barkley for example.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 15:21 - Apr 7 with 2536 viewstextbackup

AAH is a project striker, we already have him, don’t need another. We’d need serious strengthening up top.
Luton’s Morrison could possibly come if they dropped?

Downes for Massimo, big upgrade

Not to mention the abroad markets we’d be shopping in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 15:22 - Apr 7 with 2525 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Aside from you missing out the "n't" from "don't" in your title, I think we should gamble on upgrading Moore with a League 2 striker like Haaland.

I am quite sure the club will be well along the line of identifying targets for both divisions and most of them will be ones we won't have thought of or ones we have chased already (Hutchinson on loan again if in the Prem, Moore, Gallagher, Stansfield wouldn't surprise me at all, one or two from relegated clubs or a non-promoted fire sale either).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 15:50 - Apr 7 with 2446 viewsLord_Lucan

Knowing the way our board and owners operate I would guess they and McKenna have been identifying next years additions for a while, with one book saying "Premiership" and one saying "Championship"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 15:56 - Apr 7 with 2419 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Mowatt and Kipre nowhere near good enough for that level imo.

If we went up the midfielder we should be looking at is Ben Sheaf from Coventry. He’s going to get a move in the summer if Cov don’t go up. He would be great here. Serious player.

6’1. Can shoot, can tackle, can pass. Good academy experience at Arsenal.
[Post edited 7 Apr 15:59]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 17:27 - Apr 7 with 2262 viewsWeWereZombies

I still think signing Lawrence Shankland would be good for us and good for him. As we have seen with Eduoard, Ryan Christie, Aribo and Elis Simms it can take time for the switch from the Premiership to the Premier League or Championship to bed in but once a few months have passed things start to gel (with the exception it appears of Kevin Nisbet.)
[Post edited 7 Apr 17:32]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 19:51 - Apr 7 with 2115 viewscressi

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 17:27 - Apr 7 by WeWereZombies

I still think signing Lawrence Shankland would be good for us and good for him. As we have seen with Eduoard, Ryan Christie, Aribo and Elis Simms it can take time for the switch from the Premiership to the Premier League or Championship to bed in but once a few months have passed things start to gel (with the exception it appears of Kevin Nisbet.)
[Post edited 7 Apr 17:32]

The two lads mentioned from WBA No way good enough for Premier league although I moaned about Downes a player who would be useful Stuart Armstrong not bad either. For me this is Moores level not playing at Bournemouth we would need better, We would need 6 or 7 players minimum.
Not 25 like Forest.
Login to get fewer ads

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:01 - Apr 7 with 2091 viewsWeWereZombies

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 19:51 - Apr 7 by cressi

The two lads mentioned from WBA No way good enough for Premier league although I moaned about Downes a player who would be useful Stuart Armstrong not bad either. For me this is Moores level not playing at Bournemouth we would need better, We would need 6 or 7 players minimum.
Not 25 like Forest.

If we do get promoted I think we need to show a little ambition with our signings, suggestions of players who have done well in the Championship are, as you say, not necessarily what is needed in the Premier League. Fortunately the decisions will be made by McKenna and his team and not by us posters on TWTD...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:08 - Apr 7 with 2070 viewsbournemouthblue

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 15:19 - Apr 7 by WeirdFishes

Good players you’ve mentioned but think we’d need higher quality than that to stay up. Luton likely won’t stay up and they signed Ross Barkley for example.

They did but they also only spent £17 million and have done it all quite sensibly

I think we have a higher footballing bar than Luton, albeit probably not as good a defensive ethic or setup

I rate the Luton manager quite highly, if we did lose McKenna, someone like him wouldn't be a bad option
[Post edited 7 Apr 20:14]

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:09 - Apr 7 with 2063 viewsbournemouthblue

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 15:21 - Apr 7 by textbackup

AAH is a project striker, we already have him, don’t need another. We’d need serious strengthening up top.
Luton’s Morrison could possibly come if they dropped?

Downes for Massimo, big upgrade

Not to mention the abroad markets we’d be shopping in

I'd be up for all of those

I agree AAH is project striker but I don't see the harm in another, you have to pick up a few of these on the hope one comes good

See James Maddison at Nodge who I think they loaned out originally

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:09 - Apr 7 with 2060 viewsMK1

I think using the word "miracle" is a bit OTT. It is still in our own hands at the moment.
We would definitely need to strengthen most departments.
Goalkeepers. I am alright with.
Defenders. RB, LB & 1 CB (RB starter, LB squad CB squad)
Midfielders. An experienced Premier league CDM.
Forwards. A fox in the box type.
This isn't going t be cheap, but if we want to have a real chance of staying up, we would need to spend a few quid.
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:12 - Apr 7 with 2047 viewsbournemouthblue

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 15:56 - Apr 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

Mowatt and Kipre nowhere near good enough for that level imo.

If we went up the midfielder we should be looking at is Ben Sheaf from Coventry. He’s going to get a move in the summer if Cov don’t go up. He would be great here. Serious player.

6’1. Can shoot, can tackle, can pass. Good academy experience at Arsenal.
[Post edited 7 Apr 15:59]

Probably more Championship signings should we fail to get up this year in fairness

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:14 - Apr 7 with 2037 viewsbournemouthblue

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:01 - Apr 7 by WeWereZombies

If we do get promoted I think we need to show a little ambition with our signings, suggestions of players who have done well in the Championship are, as you say, not necessarily what is needed in the Premier League. Fortunately the decisions will be made by McKenna and his team and not by us posters on TWTD...

These are examples really, they are not players I have spent hours researching by any means

I know WBA fans rate Kipre fairly highly, he'd be a good Championship addition, I agree not PL level necessarily

I've no doubt there are PL quality centre backs out there, who McKenna will have already identified

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:14 - Apr 7 with 2031 viewsMK1

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:08 - Apr 7 by bournemouthblue

They did but they also only spent £17 million and have done it all quite sensibly

I think we have a higher footballing bar than Luton, albeit probably not as good a defensive ethic or setup

I rate the Luton manager quite highly, if we did lose McKenna, someone like him wouldn't be a bad option
[Post edited 7 Apr 20:14]

Didn't like the way he left FGR, but yes, Rob Edwards would be a good fit here.
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:16 - Apr 7 with 2008 viewsbournemouthblue

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:09 - Apr 7 by MK1

I think using the word "miracle" is a bit OTT. It is still in our own hands at the moment.
We would definitely need to strengthen most departments.
Goalkeepers. I am alright with.
Defenders. RB, LB & 1 CB (RB starter, LB squad CB squad)
Midfielders. An experienced Premier league CDM.
Forwards. A fox in the box type.
This isn't going t be cheap, but if we want to have a real chance of staying up, we would need to spend a few quid.

Yeh I think we need a mixed approach, not as fruggle as Luton but not as reckless as Forest who just about got away with last year and might get away with it this season as well

Whatever happens, we need to come down stronger than when we came up imho

I don't like Norwich but their ability to yo-yo is partly down to signing prospects they have sold on

Obviously I'd hope we made a far better stab of staying up than them though

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:16 - Apr 7 with 2004 viewsGotOurIpswichBack

Why would it be a miracle?
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:53 - Apr 7 with 1919 viewsbournemouthblue

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:16 - Apr 7 by GotOurIpswichBack

because we came from League One last season and the three sides with parachute payments we have been competing with all season are as good as any relegated three as there probably has been

We are on 87 points with 5 games to go, frankly that's insane, we'd have been Champions any other season

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 21:26 - Apr 7 with 1822 viewspeterleeblue

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 20:16 - Apr 7 by GotOurIpswichBack

I thought this.

I think the players will use yesterday to galvanise the final push.
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 21:28 - Apr 7 with 1810 viewstetchris

All we need is a new goalkeeper, right back, two centre halves, four midfielders and two strikers. I think Davis is the only one capable of playing in the PL now.
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 21:43 - Apr 7 with 1748 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Save our money, add it to next year's parachute and come again in two years.
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 21:52 - Apr 7 with 1714 viewsStewart27

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 15:17 - Apr 7 by Facefacts

Every position needs strengthening or adding a backup player. Really this is a huge challenge.

We are probably 10 to 12 new players away from being good enough to stay up in the PL..

That will take another two years of finishing top 6 of the championship, as we won't be able to attract (or sort out within FFP) more than 3 top quality players each window.

Dealing with the financial planning of this is huge, to stay within FFP. And shows how the parachute payments and the example of Leicester knowingly cheating to be able to stay strong enough to walk the championship without fear of being docked points NOW, when it matters. Football is .....ed.

But, on we go. I want us to get top 2 but what do we do in the summer? It will have to be quick fix, trying to do as much as we can. The real fear is losing Kieran McKenna after a poor start to the Premier League season.

We won’t be able to start collecting 3 premier league players a season whilst being in the championship.

And if we were able to we’d finish top at the first time of asking. Not sure we are able to choose to just be in the top 6 in order to execute this plan.
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 22:12 - Apr 7 with 1672 viewscressi

If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 21:28 - Apr 7 by tetchris

All we need is a new goalkeeper, right back, two centre halves, four midfielders and two strikers. I think Davis is the only one capable of playing in the PL now.

Sorry to disagree I believe 4 or 5 may surprise people and step up it's a different game . As for Davis great going forward But not the best defender by a long way.
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 22:48 - Apr 7 with 1583 viewsSamWhiteUK

Jack Clarke?
If the miracle happens and we do get automatic, where do you trade up? on 23:52 - Apr 7 with 1483 viewsKropotkin123

Can posts like this not wait until the seasons over? Plenty of time to discuss this over the summer. Bit disrespectful to those that are contributing to our promotion challenge.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024