Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Half 10:39 - Apr 7 with 778 viewscressi

Moaning about my demeanour after the game, thought I was pretty good after the Leeds result. Don't think any real fan felt happy for a couple of hours. Explained in the grand scheme of things I've had 20 yrs of Sh*te and the last two yrs have been the best since the Burley days not that I think she cares.
Explained your football team is for life unlike most things don't think she gets or understands. Do others get this.?
Other Half on 11:01 - Apr 7 with 699 viewsVanSaParody

I'm with you my brother!

Keep your chin up, if your wife doesn't understand you, there's plenty on here who do

COYB's!
Other Half on 11:13 - Apr 7 with 657 viewsChurchman

Yes. Mrs C loves sport. She played it in her yoof, loves watching it. Cricket - on all summer. Wimbledon, NFL (likes the Vikings), athletics etc etc and of course football. She’s been a season ticket holder and been to many games with me, but doesn’t truly get it. In her yoof, she was a big Leicester City fan, along with her family. Then she sort of shifted allegiance to ITFC. Sort of.

Mrs C is just a bit lukewarm about it. The irony is I wouldn’t have minded at all if she’d stayed with LCFC. Some people are like that including one or two friends of mine. But surely your team is your team. End of; branded for better or worse. If I could change it, I’d follow Arsenal or somebody.
Other Half on 11:16 - Apr 7 with 644 viewsbrazil1982

Yes, been my my Partner for five years she understands Saturday afternoons now. However a few years back I came to peace with football to not get so wound up, and it's probably why I can't get too excited about this season, it's the never ending disappointment! Plus I look at the PL and think, do I really want to be part of it?

Loding to them still hurts immensely though.
Other Half on 23:21 - Apr 7 with 483 viewsReus30

I went and saw a comedy gig last night that had a bit around football supporters exuding too much emotion in a game of football and taking it far too seriously.

I did not laugh.
Other Half on 08:38 - Apr 8 with 336 viewsChurchman

Other Half on 11:16 - Apr 7 by brazil1982

Yes, been my my Partner for five years she understands Saturday afternoons now. However a few years back I came to peace with football to not get so wound up, and it's probably why I can't get too excited about this season, it's the never ending disappointment! Plus I look at the PL and think, do I really want to be part of it?

Loding to them still hurts immensely though.

Oh I still get immensely wound up about it. Too much really, especially for an old git. But I do put perspective on it far quicker than I used to.

The point about the Premier League is interesting. Do I really want to see us as whipping boys every week? I don’t go to watch the opposition. I never did when we had top team and I don’t now. Yes, Best Law, Charlton might have been playing or Liverpools great teams, but I only ever look at the team in blue. The opposition are ugly mugs in coloured shirts to be beaten.

Nor do I want to see the club derail itself by over reaching too soon. It could put us back when we are progressing nicely on and off the field.

However, you should always strive to be the best you can be. If this team makes it they’ll have earned their chance and so will the supporters. Then there’s the little matter of a heck of a lot of money. You have to go for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024