Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
400 tickets given out? 21:59 - Apr 6 with 2263 viewsJamiebed

I went today, but many of my mates couldn't despite 20-25 points. I have no problem with Dyer + 1 and Wardley + 1, but if as suggested 400 tickets are lost to the week-in/week-out loyal supporter base that is just wrong, club should hold it's hands up and ensure it doesn't happen again. The Norwich supporters were undoubtedly rocking, we weren't and we might have to return there in next month.

Blog: Up and Down, We Follow

400 tickets given out? on 03:06 - Apr 7 with 1884 viewsIllinoisblue

Not sure why Dyer or the boxer need to have tickets in the away end. Should only go to fans who have earned the points.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

400 tickets given out? on 06:58 - Apr 7 with 1719 viewsslade1

400 tickets given out? on 03:06 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

Not sure why Dyer or the boxer need to have tickets in the away end. Should only go to fans who have earned the points.

Exactly Illinoseblue, spot on.
As you say, tickets in the away end should be for loyal fans who have 'earned' the right to get a ticket.

It must have been a smack in the teeth for some fans sitting at home without a ticket, to tune into the game on Sky and see Dyer and and some boxer along with their hangers on, to be sitting in the seats that should of been for supporters.

If the club wanted to give out tickets, I am sure they have enough freebies in the corporate area.
400 tickets given out? on 07:26 - Apr 7 with 1647 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

you would think that there would be a mutual agreement between the clubs for Directors/officials to get a certain reciprocal number of tickets - perhaps 25 or so each in the Directors area for former managers/players/celebrities. Ticket sales of the allocation stipulated by EFL are supposed to be for fans according to the prioritisation scheme. QED.

Poll: would you rather

400 tickets given out? on 08:49 - Apr 7 with 1354 viewsDJR

As Ipswich lads, I don't begrudge Fabio and Dyer their tickets, but assuming such tickets were to be given out, I think the absolute limit should have been 22 of the 2022 supposedly available.
[Post edited 7 Apr 8:49]
400 tickets given out? on 09:20 - Apr 7 with 1219 viewsGarv

All the Wardley stuff is a bit embarrassing if we're honest.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

400 tickets given out? on 09:21 - Apr 7 with 1200 viewsNeedhamChris

400 tickets given out? on 09:20 - Apr 7 by Garv

All the Wardley stuff is a bit embarrassing if we're honest.

Seems to be an unpopular view but yes, it's cringeworthy. He needs our PR far more than we need his - it's hardly Ed is it.

The top off Suffolk Geordie routine was embarrassing.

Edit: I know he's a town fan and that's great, but that shouldn't have him queue jump others when he's already benefitting more than most.
[Post edited 7 Apr 9:24]

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

400 tickets given out? on 10:39 - Apr 7 with 1023 viewsnodge_blue

I don't agree with this. Wardley has done loads to promote the club and Dyer can have my seat any day. We seem to be annoyed about the wrong things.

I would agree that if a few hundred tickets went to others not on priority that would be wrong.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

400 tickets given out? on 10:42 - Apr 7 with 997 viewsNeedhamChris

400 tickets given out? on 10:39 - Apr 7 by nodge_blue

I don't agree with this. Wardley has done loads to promote the club and Dyer can have my seat any day. We seem to be annoyed about the wrong things.

I would agree that if a few hundred tickets went to others not on priority that would be wrong.

You mean the club has done loads to promote Wardley?

But I get your point, these are more of a lightning rod for the wider issue

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Login to get fewer ads

400 tickets given out? on 10:51 - Apr 7 with 961 viewsitfcjoe

400 tickets given out? on 10:39 - Apr 7 by nodge_blue

Yep, those 2 and members of womens team are the wrong target for me - all have done a lot for the club and glad they have good relationships. They could quite easily have had players comps given to them as are friends with lots of the players

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

400 tickets given out? on 11:02 - Apr 7 with 893 viewsLord_Lucan

400 tickets given out? on 10:51 - Apr 7 by itfcjoe

Yep, those 2 and members of womens team are the wrong target for me - all have done a lot for the club and glad they have good relationships. They could quite easily have had players comps given to them as are friends with lots of the players

This, 100%

Getting knickers in a twist about the aforementioned downgrades the argument as it makes it easier for the club to defend.
[Post edited 7 Apr 11:02]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

400 tickets given out? on 11:05 - Apr 7 with 854 viewswithyblue

I find it difficult to begrudge Dyer a ticket, but I struggle to see why Wardley should be entitled to a coveted place in the away end, especially considering he was a Manchester United supporter until he realised the potential publicity benefits of a close partnership with ITFC a couple of years ago.

The club get most things right these days, but I think this warrants a bit more transparency and fairness to the supporters who go away very regularly and missed out on a ticket for this one. The club have been very vocal about clamping down on abuse of the priority system and transferring tickets. Giving away hundreds of tickets to mates of the club doesn't seem to align with this, and makes it more difficult to fairly demand compliance with the rules from supporters.
[Post edited 7 Apr 11:06]
400 tickets given out? on 11:06 - Apr 7 with 850 viewsDJR

400 tickets given out? on 10:42 - Apr 7 by NeedhamChris

You mean the club has done loads to promote Wardley?

But I get your point, these are more of a lightning rod for the wider issue

This from last week's TWTD report suggests he does promote Ipswich, as does his modelling of the kit. It also suggests the club value to the tie-up.

"Wearing the ITFC badge on his shorts and gloves, and with Town CEO Mark Ashton in the crowd, Wardley was viewed a 114-113 winner of the 12-round contest by one judge, while another gave it 115-112 to Clarke, who took to the Portman Road pitch in a Norwich City shirt at half-time in the Bristol City match earlier this month as the two promoted the fight, and the third saw it 113-113."

As an aside, I was sitting a few seats along from Fabio, and you could clearly see from the side the cut that had caused so much bleeding last week.
[Post edited 7 Apr 11:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024