Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w 14:50 - Apr 6 with 1399 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

have when we have the audacity to expect a win and write off the team when it doesn’t happen.

Just remember nearly everything between Burley and McKenna, and you’ll soon come to your senses.

Rubbish day all round, but in the midst of very special times.

Poll: Is Billm….

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 14:51 - Apr 6 with 1231 viewstextbackup

That sort of sht really doesn’t wash in the moments directly after a derby defeat when we have played absolutely terribly.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 14:52 - Apr 6 with 1199 viewsNeedhamChris

I think most people were expecting a decent performance moreso than expecting a win.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 14:52 - Apr 6 with 1188 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 14:51 - Apr 6 by textbackup

That sort of sht really doesn’t wash in the moments directly after a derby defeat when we have played absolutely terribly.

Does with me, helps to keep perspective in getting over it

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 14:54 - Apr 6 with 1136 viewsITFC_84

Yeah, let’s wait for the dust to settle.
That was F’ing terrible from us. Let’s not beat around the bush.
It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 14:55 - Apr 6 with 1108 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 14:54 - Apr 6 by ITFC_84

Yeah, let’s wait for the dust to settle.
That was F’ing terrible from us. Let’s not beat around the bush.

I’m just saying keep some perspective, that’s all.

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 14:57 - Apr 6 with 1064 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 14:52 - Apr 6 by NeedhamChris

I think most people were expecting a decent performance moreso than expecting a win.

Have to credit the opposition there, though. It is the way they do it, stopping others playing rather than outplaying teams by going toe to toe with them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:01 - Apr 6 with 1041 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Yeah, it’s just that it’s Norwich though isn’t it? We just don’t seem to be able to beat them and I’m dreading meeting them in the playoffs. It would just be so typical, after the season we’ve had and the points gap between us, for them to somehow end up in the Premier league again and another £100 million quid.
It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:03 - Apr 6 with 988 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:01 - Apr 6 by OsmansCleanSheet

Yeah, it’s just that it’s Norwich though isn’t it? We just don’t seem to be able to beat them and I’m dreading meeting them in the playoffs. It would just be so typical, after the season we’ve had and the points gap between us, for them to somehow end up in the Premier league again and another £100 million quid.

😄 I can’t even comprehend that scenario, my god - no!

Login to get fewer ads

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:04 - Apr 6 with 985 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 14:51 - Apr 6 by textbackup

I don’t know how people can say it doesn’t matter 10 minutes after a derby defeat at Carrow Road in a match we needed to win to keep the pressure on auto promotion spots. Don’t people get involved in the games and emotions?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:05 - Apr 6 with 965 viewsSwansea_Blue

I didn’t expect a win. I had a nasty feeling we’d see a repeat of the home game where they out fought us in spells. I’d have liked to have seen us cause them a few problems though.

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:06 - Apr 6 with 948 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:04 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t know how people can say it doesn’t matter 10 minutes after a derby defeat at Carrow Road in a match we needed to win to keep the pressure on auto promotion spots. Don’t people get involved in the games and emotions?

Never said it doesn’t matter. Just saying perspective helps

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:06 - Apr 6 with 944 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:04 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

It hurts. But perspective even now. Coventry beat Leeds and all is well. That was our most difficult remaining fixture. Leeds still have Southampton to play as well as Coventry.

Let's remember where we were a year ago worrying about whether we would do enough to get into the Championship!

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:08 - Apr 6 with 917 viewspointofblue

If the players had this same attitude it's no wonder we lost.

"It doesn't matter if we were outplayed today, we've had a brilliant season..."

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:08 - Apr 6 with 912 viewsIllinoisblue

I expected a performance. We didn’t get it. On we go. That’s life. That’s football.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:09 - Apr 6 with 895 viewsITFC_84

I get all this ‘look where we are compared to a year ago’ stuff. But we’ve just LOST AGAIN to those yellow scummers.
Give us a couple of hours to get it out of our system before we have the ‘but we’re still top, all is still ok, let’s look of the bright side’.
Jesus guys, do me sir not bother you? AGAIN!!!!!!!
It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:10 - Apr 6 with 879 viewsITFCSG

I don’t have the audacity to demand a win even over the yellow filth but what fans expect to see is pride and passion and effort. Today, in a Derby no less, the players were embarrassing. Besides Morsy, Burgess and perhaps AAH the rest weren’t fit to wear the badge at Carrow Road. No attacking intent, even in the last 10 minutes. Stray passes everywhere, backwards passing all game with no sense of urgency.
It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:11 - Apr 6 with 874 viewsGarv

Someone pin this.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:16 - Apr 6 with 821 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:06 - Apr 6 by John_Warks_Willy

Never said it doesn’t matter. Just saying perspective helps

Fair play then. I don't know how you can be rational within 24 hours of a derby defeat at this stage of the season, never mind within half an hour. I'm tampin. If Coventry do hang on and beat Leeds, that'll improve my mood no end though, that's for sure. It's not one game at a time any more, it's one round of matches at a time. If Lees and Leicester win today, we've had a shocking result. if one of them lose, I'll find some perspective.

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:18 - Apr 6 with 807 viewspointofblue

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:10 - Apr 6 by ITFCSG

I don’t have the audacity to demand a win even over the yellow filth but what fans expect to see is pride and passion and effort. Today, in a Derby no less, the players were embarrassing. Besides Morsy, Burgess and perhaps AAH the rest weren’t fit to wear the badge at Carrow Road. No attacking intent, even in the last 10 minutes. Stray passes everywhere, backwards passing all game with no sense of urgency.

I baffled how Morsy can still get credit. He was dreadful today, and somehow gets let off time and again despite our midfield being horribly easy to play through for often that not.

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:25 - Apr 6 with 768 viewsITFCSG

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:18 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

I baffled how Morsy can still get credit. He was dreadful today, and somehow gets let off time and again despite our midfield being horribly easy to play through for often that not.

Morsy was bad but at least he made himself visible and put in some effort. Chaplin, Broadhead, Moore, Sarmiento, Taylor were invisible. Davis’ crossing and passing was mostly poor leaving Moore and AAH isolated up front. Harness might as well not come on, only contribution was to give away cheap free kicks. Hutch outmuscled for every ball and may not be feeling well - why didn’t he run with the ball like what he usually does?

Total embarrassment - and to top it off it’s against the scum of all teams.
It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:33 - Apr 6 with 723 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:18 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

I thought he was ok. Luongo on the other hand...

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:34 - Apr 6 with 707 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That's the same Morsy who chased back when they broke from a corner and won the ball back twice?

I must have watched a different game to you because I didn't see them playing through the centre of our midfield with ease. Catching us on the break, stopping us playing, nullifying us very effectively, breaking up play constantly, yes.

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:35 - Apr 6 with 697 viewstextbackup

These sorts of opinions are why aways like today were so utterly terrible.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:35 - Apr 6 with 693 viewspointofblue

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:33 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

I thought he was ok. Luongo on the other hand...

Our midfield has been a huge issue for the last few games - we're played through far too easily. Not sure what Taylor and Travis need to do to be given a chance.

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:37 - Apr 6 with 671 viewsbuoyant

It’s fine to acknowledge we did not play well today, but what short memories w on 15:34 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's the same Morsy who chased back when they broke from a corner and won the ball back twice?

I must have watched a different game to you because I didn't see them playing through the centre of our midfield with ease. Catching us on the break, stopping us playing, nullifying us very effectively, breaking up play constantly, yes.

Totally agree.

Morsy wasn't anywhere near our worst player today, we'd have been lost without him

Again......

UTT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024