Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lost a pretty 50/50 to a keeper mistake 14:35 - Apr 6 with 452 viewsNutkins_Return

After an incredible never say die season and we lose and I'm seeing things like 'disgraceful', 'terrible' and 'inexcusable' etc. was very little in that by the end. We had some decent chances second half without ever really having sustained pressure.

We will need to pick these boys up and we need to go again. Gutted because of the opposition but we either fight are way to automatic or we play these twice more and beat them over two legs.
Lost a pretty 50/50 to a keeper mistake on 14:54 - Apr 6 with 386 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Disagree.

1) It wasn’t a 50/50. They were thoroughly the better side today.

2) I think it can be both an incredible season and a terrible performance. Both are true.

3) Decent chances? Did we though. Chaplins chance aside, we had a couple of half chances at best from the edge of the box. Attacking wise, it was the least threatening we’ve looked at any point under Kieran McKenna id say.

4) I’m an optimist and I do think we’d beat them over two legs but only because I trust McKenna to have us play more like December when we battered them first half than today when we were truly awful.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Lost a pretty 50/50 to a keeper mistake on 16:02 - Apr 6 with 324 viewsNutkins_Return

Lost a pretty 50/50 to a keeper mistake on 14:54 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Disagree.

1) It wasn’t a 50/50. They were thoroughly the better side today.

2) I think it can be both an incredible season and a terrible performance. Both are true.

3) Decent chances? Did we though. Chaplins chance aside, we had a couple of half chances at best from the edge of the box. Attacking wise, it was the least threatening we’ve looked at any point under Kieran McKenna id say.

4) I’m an optimist and I do think we’d beat them over two legs but only because I trust McKenna to have us play more like December when we battered them first half than today when we were truly awful.

Respectfully disagree in return. We had 63% possession same shots on targets (12 total to our 10 total) and we had double the corners. I think if the final whistle had been on 70 I'd make you right. But, whilst we never got in top gear by the end of the match it was about 50/50 and we had 3 really good chances (Chaplin/Al Hamadi in against keeper and well saved and Harness at the end).

I think they defended very well and just about shaded it but it was in no way a dominant win at all and had Hladky saved it to be honest a fairly uninspiring 0-0 would have been fair as well.
Lost a pretty 50/50 to a keeper mistake on 16:06 - Apr 6 with 302 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lost a pretty 50/50 to a keeper mistake on 16:02 - Apr 6 by Nutkins_Return

Respectfully disagree in return. We had 63% possession same shots on targets (12 total to our 10 total) and we had double the corners. I think if the final whistle had been on 70 I'd make you right. But, whilst we never got in top gear by the end of the match it was about 50/50 and we had 3 really good chances (Chaplin/Al Hamadi in against keeper and well saved and Harness at the end).

I think they defended very well and just about shaded it but it was in no way a dominant win at all and had Hladky saved it to be honest a fairly uninspiring 0-0 would have been fair as well.

A penalty on Hutchinson would have changed the game too unless we had missed it. Moore would have taken it so I fancy we would have scored.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lost a pretty 50/50 to a keeper mistake on 16:09 - Apr 6 with 285 viewsTrequartista

A championship keeper should be saving it, but it was swerving away so i wouldn't go as far as to call it a mistake.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lost a pretty 50/50 to a keeper mistake on 16:18 - Apr 6 with 246 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lost a pretty 50/50 to a keeper mistake on 16:09 - Apr 6 by Trequartista

A championship keeper should be saving it, but it was swerving away so i wouldn't go as far as to call it a mistake.

He stepped the wrong way, still got his hand to it and only palmed it on to the inside of the post. It was a goalkeeping error. Anyone scoring a free kick from that distance needs to have hit it as well as Ronaldo or get a very fortunate with a deflection. I make your last 11 words contradictory to the first 7.

That said, Hladky has been very good for us this season. All keepers will make mistakes and when they do it will matter more than most other players'.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024