Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) 09:50 - Apr 6 with 1181 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Has been dismissing our chances again. I just can't understand why in his clearly unbiased view, (as a professional, unbiased journalist), he can't accept we might pip LEEDS or Leicester to automatic promotion.

It's very odd.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24235256.norwich-city-v-ipswich-town-don-goodmans-p

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:08 - Apr 6 with 1090 viewsTrumptonBlue

Thought he was perfectly reasonable about us here the other day.

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:08 - Apr 6 with 1089 viewsRyorry

What a terrible journalist - how can he pass himself off as a credible professional when he writes "The consistent teams are the top four and if you look at their results across the season you see impressive runs of form."

Seems to have escaped his notice that we *are* top 4.

Zero respect for someone so entrenched he can't put his obvious bias aside.

If I were KM I'd pin that article up on the dressing room wall.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:14 - Apr 6 with 1037 viewsredrickstuhaart

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:08 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

What a terrible journalist - how can he pass himself off as a credible professional when he writes "The consistent teams are the top four and if you look at their results across the season you see impressive runs of form."

As oer rhe previous thread, people seem to be misunderstanding...
I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:22 - Apr 6 with 1006 viewsChurchman

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:08 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

Witless Goodman is not really a journalist though is he. Just another dopey ex-footballer given an easy gig dribbling nonsense every week.

He’s not alone. Just think on that clot Sutton. I noticed his ‘predictions’ on the BBC site last week. Nearly all wrong. Ming the Merciless could have done better with a blindfold and a pin. What was the point of Sutton? Or Goodman. Or the rest of the pundit leeches come to that.
[Post edited 6 Apr 10:24]
I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:23 - Apr 6 with 1000 viewsHerbivore

He's including us in that and suggesting the likes of Norwich are inconsistent is how I read it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:31 - Apr 6 with 942 viewsTrumptonBlue

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:23 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

He's including us in that and suggesting the likes of Norwich are inconsistent is how I read it.

Yeah, not sure how people are reading it any other way.

"Are Ipswich favourites (for promotion)? For me, no. The consistent teams are the top four and if you look at their results across the season you see impressive runs of form. Look at Southampton going 22 matches unbeaten, for example, and Leeds' form in 2024. Leicester and Ipswich both had great starts to the season.

"What you see with other teams is the odd brilliant performance with no consistency."

I don't disagree that Goodman is generally useless, but there's not much to be upset about here.
I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:44 - Apr 6 with 878 viewsMJallday

Best response we have is to prove him wrong. Which we have been doing all season

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:45 - Apr 6 with 878 viewsRyorry

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:31 - Apr 6 by TrumptonBlue

"Are Ipswich favourites (for promotion)? For me, no. The consistent teams are the top four and if you look at their results across the season you see impressive runs of form. Look at Southampton going 22 matches unbeaten, for example, and Leeds' form in 2024. Leicester and Ipswich both had great starts to the season.

"What you see with other teams is the odd brilliant performance with no consistency."

I don't disagree that Goodman is generally useless, but there's not much to be upset about here.

The fact that you and I, both having an excellent command of English, and who’ve never disagreed with each other before, are disagreeing about the meaning of this article, shows just how poorly it’s written!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:54 - Apr 6 with 825 viewsTrumptonBlue

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:45 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

The fact that you and I, both having an excellent command of English, and who’ve never disagreed with each other before, are disagreeing about the meaning of this article, shows just how poorly it’s written!

It's certainly shoddily edited, at the very least. The problem is it encourages the reader to think there is a link between the first sentence ("Are Ipswich favourites? Not for me") and the next bit, which you might then assume Ipswich are going to be excluded from, when in fact they're separate thoughts/utterances (I think).
I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:57 - Apr 6 with 807 viewsNBVJohn

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 10:31 - Apr 6 by TrumptonBlue

I don’t think that what Goodman is trying to say is the problem here. The fact that he’s about as articulate as a plank of wood and feeds of his own sensationalism is the problem. That and the fact that it’s all just so pointless and obvious.

It’s hardly a searing insight to suggest that the top four are consistent and that the chasing pack are capable of competing but are less consistent.

Referring to the likes of Goodman, Hinchcliffe, Savage, Sutton and Redknapp as (and plenty of others) journalists is inaccurate and misleading. They are merely cynical ploys to motivate us all to phone premium rate phone lines and engage them in moronic public arguments.

Ignore.
I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 11:08 - Apr 6 with 732 viewsJ2BLUE

I am pretty sure McKenna couldn't care less about the opinions of Don Goodman!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 11:16 - Apr 6 with 692 viewsJimmy86

I see that Don Goodman (Born in Leeds and a Leeds fan) on 11:08 - Apr 6 by J2BLUE

I am pretty sure McKenna couldn't care less about the opinions of Don Goodman!

It's the disrespect and the way they still are so dismissive of us, despite the fact we are top with 6 games left that rankles with me.. we could end up being promoted and they'd still try to dress it up differently..

It goes against Sky's narrative about the 3 relegated teams being the best of the bunch and going straight back up..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024