Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Memberships 11:11 - Apr 5 with 2489 viewswoodbridge_blue

Just curious as to why the club are still offering memberships for this season......is it so that any away game points can be included, or will away game points be carried over if a 24/25 membership is taken out?

Just seems a lot of money to pay for six remaining games, so there must be some advantage to it.
Memberships on 11:15 - Apr 5 with 2309 viewsSitfcB

Because it’s easy money and people that buy them that don’t have a s/t go straight to the top of the priority for home games.

Plus you get 5 points for buying it and then 5 points again next season for having the membership this season.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Memberships on 11:16 - Apr 5 with 2301 viewsyorkshireblue

Why wouldn't they? Especially in a FFP world.

Sure, they may not sell many at the moment.... but if membership gets people an earlier priority window for a potential Wembley final then people will buy them. Wednesday - alledgedly it must be added - sold thousands between their play-off final and final for this very reason.

A colleague's boyfriend is a Wednesday S/T holder, and bought her a membership so she could go to the game - the one and ony football match she has ever been to.

Not saying I agree with it, but that's the reason why.
Memberships on 11:31 - Apr 5 with 2240 viewswoodbridge_blue

Memberships on 11:15 - Apr 5 by SitfcB

Because it’s easy money and people that buy them that don’t have a s/t go straight to the top of the priority for home games.

Plus you get 5 points for buying it and then 5 points again next season for having the membership this season.

I'm a season ticket holder but didn't buy a membership because I wasn't planning on going to many away games this season.

I have actually done five and my son has done seven.

If I leave it to next season before I buy a membership will I get this season's away points included?
Memberships on 11:55 - Apr 5 with 2142 viewsozzy_itfc

Memberships on 11:31 - Apr 5 by woodbridge_blue

I'm a season ticket holder but didn't buy a membership because I wasn't planning on going to many away games this season.

I have actually done five and my son has done seven.

If I leave it to next season before I buy a membership will I get this season's away points included?

I inquired with the club myself recently as I am in a similar position. No points due to no membership but have attended some away games.

The confirmed to me that even if I were to buy a membership now then no backdated points would be added for away games already purchased within this season. Only the 5 points added that everyone gets for buying a membership. Which should carry over to next season.

So, if you buy a membership now and another one at the start of season. You will start the season on 10 points ( assuming you don't buy any further away tickets this season after you buy the membership)

Don't really understand why the club didn't give the option to buy the membership with the season tickets and add to DD. I think a lot more would be sold if it worked out to only an extra 3 quid a month on a DD.
[Post edited 5 Apr 11:57]
Memberships on 11:57 - Apr 5 with 2118 viewsSarge

I’m still waiting on my away point from the Cardiff game to be credited, how long does it normally take, anyone know?
Memberships on 11:59 - Apr 5 with 2098 viewsozzy_itfc

Memberships on 11:57 - Apr 5 by Sarge

I’m still waiting on my away point from the Cardiff game to be credited, how long does it normally take, anyone know?

should have been instant when you purchased the ticket.
Memberships on 12:01 - Apr 5 with 2082 viewsBlooos

I think and hope they restart the points for next season whichever league we’re in. I didn’t have a membership last year but went to about 5-6 away games. Currently on 13 points and just don’t have any chance of getting tickets to any away game now. It’s the first away game at carrot road I’ve not been able to get a ticket for since about 2009. If they keep the points it’s just the same 2000 people at every single away match.. of which half of them only started supporting us 2 years ago (conveniently). I’ve sat / stood through all that sh!t the last 20 years and now can’t even get away tickets!
Memberships on 12:17 - Apr 5 with 2024 viewsSarge

Memberships on 11:59 - Apr 5 by ozzy_itfc

should have been instant when you purchased the ticket.

I've only just realised that you only get away points if you buy a membership.

So the club can get f&cked quite frankly. "Yeah thanks for buying a ST again and thanks for buying an away ticket but you didn't also buy this other things so we're going to pretend you didn't come and good luck getting any more away tickets"

What a sh1t scheme.
Login to get fewer ads

Memberships on 12:22 - Apr 5 with 1983 viewsBuhrer

Memberships on 12:17 - Apr 5 by Sarge

So the club can get f&cked quite frankly. "Yeah thanks for buying a ST again and thanks for buying an away ticket but you didn't also buy this other things so we're going to pretend you didn't come and good luck getting any more away tickets"

What a sh1t scheme.

I have a season ticket, so I watch home games. This season on general sale my family have bought away tickets, which let us watch away games (Leicester and Plymouth) but as we haven't paid for the membership, no away points recorded.

No part of that needs a blub.
Memberships on 12:33 - Apr 5 with 1933 viewsSitfcB

What a sh1t scheme.

Blub.

It’s fine, the only thing wrong with it is the price but there we are.

COYB

Memberships on 12:39 - Apr 5 with 1900 viewsKieran_Knows

Memberships on 12:33 - Apr 5 by SitfcB

Blub.

It’s fine, the only thing wrong with it is the price but there we are.

Surprised they’ve not released the new membership alongside the season tickets to be honest.

Didn’t Ashton acknowledge Texters idea of adding it your monthly direct debit?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Memberships on 12:58 - Apr 5 with 1824 viewsSitfcB

Memberships on 12:39 - Apr 5 by Kieran_Knows

Surprised they’ve not released the new membership alongside the season tickets to be honest.

Didn’t Ashton acknowledge Texters idea of adding it your monthly direct debit?

He did yes, may have forgotten about that.

Unless they’re going to make a few tweaks to the membership, which wouldn’t surprise me, especially if we go up.

COYB

Memberships on 13:03 - Apr 5 with 1802 viewsSitfcB

Memberships on 12:01 - Apr 5 by Blooos

I think and hope they restart the points for next season whichever league we’re in. I didn’t have a membership last year but went to about 5-6 away games. Currently on 13 points and just don’t have any chance of getting tickets to any away game now. It’s the first away game at carrot road I’ve not been able to get a ticket for since about 2009. If they keep the points it’s just the same 2000 people at every single away match.. of which half of them only started supporting us 2 years ago (conveniently). I’ve sat / stood through all that sh!t the last 20 years and now can’t even get away tickets!

The plan was to keep points from this season but last seasons get wiped.

If you buy the membership again next season you’ll start on 18.

I expect there may be some tweaks though.

COYB

Memberships on 13:44 - Apr 5 with 1612 viewsIllinoisblue

Memberships on 12:01 - Apr 5 by Blooos

Logistically and fairly, how could they “restart” the points?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Memberships on 13:55 - Apr 5 with 1566 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Memberships on 11:15 - Apr 5 by SitfcB

The issue will be if we qualify for the play offs. The membership gives priority for the home tickets after season ticket holders. Will there be sufficient tickets for everyone who is a member to be guaranteed a home ticket? Would they stop selling memberships at that point or will it become a free for all and you have to get the tickets as soon as they come on sale or miss out? Might be tricky for some people without flexibility at work to do that (although I guess most people can find someone to log on and do it for them if needs be).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Memberships on 14:01 - Apr 5 with 1533 viewsozzy_itfc

Memberships on 13:55 - Apr 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

The issue will be if we qualify for the play offs. The membership gives priority for the home tickets after season ticket holders. Will there be sufficient tickets for everyone who is a member to be guaranteed a home ticket? Would they stop selling memberships at that point or will it become a free for all and you have to get the tickets as soon as they come on sale or miss out? Might be tricky for some people without flexibility at work to do that (although I guess most people can find someone to log on and do it for them if needs be).

no different to how the home games. which we are selling out, work today.

would imagine it would go similar to the Norwich home game though, need to have bought tickets for a few home games over last couple of seasons + be a member to qualify.
Memberships on 14:09 - Apr 5 with 1487 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Memberships on 14:01 - Apr 5 by ozzy_itfc

no different to how the home games. which we are selling out, work today.

would imagine it would go similar to the Norwich home game though, need to have bought tickets for a few home games over last couple of seasons + be a member to qualify.

It's more the idea that more people will buy memberships to hit that priority window. However, if they take past purchase history into account too, that's better. Did they do that for the Norwich home match?

Memberships on 14:14 - Apr 5 with 1450 viewsozzy_itfc

Memberships on 14:09 - Apr 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's more the idea that more people will buy memberships to hit that priority window. However, if they take past purchase history into account too, that's better. Did they do that for the Norwich home match?

I guess in the clubs eyes the more people that buy memberships the more revenue they receive so win - win for them.

This was for Norwich:

"Town have added an additional sales restriction for tickets to the Saturday 16th December Norwich City derby at Portman Road, which go on sale on Monday from 10am.

The game, which is being shown live on Sky Sports kicking off at 12.30pm, has been selected as an A grade fixture.

Super Blues Members who aren’t season ticket holders will need to have purchased at least three home league match tickets from the start of the 2022/23 season up to and including the Swansea City game earlier in the month."

Additional Sales Restriction For Norwich Tickets 21st Nov 2023 17:20
Town have added an additional sales restriction for tickets to the Saturday 16th December Norwich City derby at Portman Road, which go on sale on Monday from 10am. 20

Memberships on 14:20 - Apr 5 with 1409 viewsSitfcB

They may change the priority bands for play-off games, so people who have attended the most home games get first dibs etc.

COYB

Memberships on 14:23 - Apr 5 with 1391 viewsZx1988

I think it would take some doing to have more memberships than available seats.

A good chunk of memberships, I would imagine, have been sold to ST-holders, so they're already out of the equation. Take out the 2,000 away fans, and the club would need to have sold about 6,000 memberships to non-ST-holders before it becomes an issue. Maybe I'm misjudging demand, but that seems to be quite an ask.

With the Norwich match, I would suggest that it was more a case of ensuring that away fans couldn't purchase a membership in order to get hold of tickets, rather than there being too many memberships for the available seats.
[Post edited 5 Apr 14:23]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Memberships on 14:41 - Apr 5 with 1325 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Memberships on 14:23 - Apr 5 by Zx1988

A good chunk of memberships, I would imagine, have been sold to ST-holders, so they're already out of the equation. Take out the 2,000 away fans, and the club would need to have sold about 6,000 memberships to non-ST-holders before it becomes an issue. Maybe I'm misjudging demand, but that seems to be quite an ask.

With the Norwich match, I would suggest that it was more a case of ensuring that away fans couldn't purchase a membership in order to get hold of tickets, rather than there being too many memberships for the available seats.

Season ticket holders will have first priority (rightly so). Assuming they take up all their available seats, the next priority level would be memberships. Based on the Norwich sales bands, I suspect that would be as far as sales get. Those with season ticket and membership would not get an extra seat (or did it get that far for the Norwich home game?)

Memberships on 15:02 - Apr 5 with 1254 viewsBlue_Balls

What a sh1t scheme.

Is it true that non-members don't get Away points? I've got mates who are ST holders but not members and I'm sure they get away points the same as I do (being a ST and a member)?
Memberships on 15:32 - Apr 5 with 1189 viewsozzy_itfc

Memberships on 15:02 - Apr 5 by Blue_Balls

Is it true that non-members don't get Away points? I've got mates who are ST holders but not members and I'm sure they get away points the same as I do (being a ST and a member)?

100% true, i have purchased 3 away tickets against my account (season ticket holder with no membership) and I have a grand total of zero points :)
Memberships on 17:14 - Apr 5 with 978 viewsParisBlue

Memberships on 14:14 - Apr 5 by ozzy_itfc

I guess in the clubs eyes the more people that buy memberships the more revenue they receive so win - win for them.

This was for Norwich:

"Town have added an additional sales restriction for tickets to the Saturday 16th December Norwich City derby at Portman Road, which go on sale on Monday from 10am.

The game, which is being shown live on Sky Sports kicking off at 12.30pm, has been selected as an A grade fixture.

Super Blues Members who aren’t season ticket holders will need to have purchased at least three home league match tickets from the start of the 2022/23 season up to and including the Swansea City game earlier in the month."

Additional Sales Restriction For Norwich Tickets 21st Nov 2023 17:20
Town have added an additional sales restriction for tickets to the Saturday 16th December Norwich City derby at Portman Road, which go on sale on Monday from 10am. 20

I believe that was on Police instruction and the club received complaints from some supporters that it was unfair....

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Memberships on 18:13 - Apr 5 with 905 viewsVegtablue

Memberships on 14:23 - Apr 5 by Zx1988

For Southampton we came close to selling out in the first priority window, within 200 IIRC. Made me think we likely do have more non-ST members than seats, which is mad but such is the difficulty of getting to home games without a ST.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024