Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we go up automatically... 09:31 - Apr 4 with 4692 viewsBondiBlue

...do we want norwich to win the playoffs? I haven't seen an east anglian derby in the prem since i was about 10.

Poll: Which would you accept?

If we go up automatically... on 12:31 - Apr 4 with 544 viewslowhouseblue

If we go up automatically... on 12:24 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

Fair point.

Speaking of Famous Roy, I see he's been sharing the kind of eye for a player and general insight that got him out go management and into the punditry gig in the first place.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/roy-keane-compares-erling-haala
[Post edited 4 Apr 12:37]

he's certainly no lee martin.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If we go up automatically... on 12:34 - Apr 4 with 534 viewsRyorry

If we go up automatically... on 11:01 - Apr 4 by WeWereZombies

What about if they won the play-off final but their fans jumped over turnstiles and staged a pitch invasion that ruined the Wembley turf so that all registered Norwich supporters were banned from attending league football matches for ten years...and then once promoted to the Premier League financial irregularities* were discovered that meant a sixty point deduction from their 2023/24 season total so that they actually started the 2024/25 season in the third tier ?

*The financial irregularities being that Delia had been siphoning off funds from the club for years to artificially inflate her book sales, with a knock on effect that the non-fiction bestseller lists had to be republished excluding her work.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

... and she then got food poisoning from a prison meal after being sentenced to 5 years for embezzlement, resulting in her having to spend 20 consecutive days on her cell loo with no external ventilation ...

Poll: Time of the annunciation

If we go up automatically... on 12:34 - Apr 4 with 524 viewsjoepublic

It's April 4th not the 1st!

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

If we go up automatically... on 12:54 - Apr 4 with 471 viewsStu_boy

If we go up automatically, ideally west brom would win the play offs, leeds, cov and saints can do one with their ex budgies as managers
If we go up automatically... on 13:01 - Apr 4 with 457 views_clive_baker_

No, I want them to stay down and have to sell off the few decent players they've got to fund their big pile of debt and Barnes' £30k a week wages. Would happily see them plodding around the bottom half of the Championship.
If we go up automatically... on 13:11 - Apr 4 with 420 viewsBondiBlue

If we go up automatically... on 09:42 - Apr 4 by SitfcB

Hypothetically Speaking… by SitfcB 4 Mar 11:16
Inspired by SomethingBlue’s comment about us going up automatically and Norwich coming up through the play-offs…

What say you?

Would you want them to win the play-offs and join us in the Prem - the East Anglian Derby in the Premier League - potentially a once in a life time event (well twice for sure)

I couldn’t actively support them to win it obviously, but if it were to happen it wouldn’t be the end of the world. It would just be a bit of a sweetener where as usually it’s a disaster they’ve gone up.

Likewise if they were to lose the final it would be funny, and not the end of the world, always want them to do the worst they possibly can.

A lot of replies on this one.

Are most of them "no"?

Poll: Which would you accept?

If we go up automatically... on 13:22 - Apr 4 with 389 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If we go up automatically... on 11:58 - Apr 4 by VanSaParody

Swansea & Cheltenham, will you two pipe down

We light this board up and leave it burning with desire.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If we go up automatically... on 13:25 - Apr 4 with 375 viewsLeaky

If we go up automatically... on 09:50 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

Yes. What is the point of a rivalry if we almost never play each other?

Edit: Plus I don't want our Sky Sports "Derby" to be West Ham.
[Post edited 4 Apr 9:51]

Could still be Luton. Well Anglia TV will call it a regional Derby
Login to get fewer ads

If we go up automatically... on 14:04 - Apr 4 with 317 viewsBlueBoots

If we go up automatically... on 10:03 - Apr 4 by Steve_M

I think my answer there stands up well:

"It would be good to know someone would definitely finish below us but I would prefer them to miss out, run out of parachute payments and have some really crap years."

As does mine I feel...

"I wish Norwich what we had to go through during the Evans era, only for twice as long..."

...so preferably missing out on the play-offs, and having to cope with (I believe) the 4th biggest wage bill (c. £24m p.a.) in the Championship with no parachute payments to prop them up...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

If we go up automatically... on 14:16 - Apr 4 with 293 viewshoppy

If we go up automatically... on 13:25 - Apr 4 by Leaky

Could still be Luton. Well Anglia TV will call it a regional Derby

Actually, that would be amusing, if the highest rated game that AboutNorwich is able to report on from the region is Ipswich Town v Luton.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024