Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre-annoyed for Saturday 07:52 - Apr 4 with 1147 viewscharlie1

That Norwich’s brand of anti-football is actually our Achilles heel.

They’ll play with a flat back 10 again, aimlessly hump it forward and pray Sargent can fluke a corner, then get a rolling maul going to force it over the line.

Horrible, horrible play, but that’s what years of Prem money and parachute payments buys you nowadays it seems.
Pre-annoyed for Saturday on 08:26 - Apr 4 with 1000 viewsStewart27

Yeah one of our weaknesses is our occasional loss or inability to break down ugly teams. See us v Norwich at Portman Road in December. They must have thought they’d won the football lottery that day.

It’s something we’ll need to deal with on Saturday for sure.

I’m more confident that we have the best manager in the league in our dugout.
Pre-annoyed for Saturday on 08:40 - Apr 4 with 935 viewsNthQldITFC

If that happens, Broadhead and Hutchinson will break them down. Broadhead unlocked them multiple times at Portman Road and on any normal day would have had a hat-trick. Hutchinson has improved so much since December too, and will be FAR too good for their very dodgy young left back.

My concerns are Sainz on the break and the physicality and pace of Sargent. I think Sara will be too deep to have a massive effect on the game. I can't decide whether I want Clarke or Tuanzebe to be dealing with Sainz, but he seems to cut inside a lot from what I've seen, so I think Woolfy's excellent judgement will be important in mopping up, and not too much of a gap between Morsy and Hutch.

Burgess might well bully Sargent out of it, but we'll need to be on our toes and communication in handing him over will be important.

I think we have too much for them, and there seems to be a fair bit of acceptance amongst their fans that while they've got results at home, they've not really been convincing and have ridden their luck quite a lot.

Edit: left back, not right back - the right back is a dodgy old right back.
[Post edited 4 Apr 9:31]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Pre-annoyed for Saturday on 09:17 - Apr 4 with 811 viewsBlueBadger

Lest we forget, they were extremely lucky to get the draw they did at PR and were practically getting out the open top bus afterwards.
[Post edited 4 Apr 9:39]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pre-annoyed for Saturday on 14:36 - Apr 6 with 483 viewscharlie1

Free-kick rather than corner, but it’s that style of football we just really struggle against.

Even more annoyed now, but in no way surprised.
Pre-annoyed for Saturday on 14:44 - Apr 6 with 401 viewsArnieM

ALL teams that have played a defend deep, and hit on the break approach, get the better of us. We simply don’t have the tactical nouce to deal with it. I suspect if/ when we play them again in the PO’s we will adopt our same pedestrian build up from defence, having a high possession % in our own half, which is utterly meaningless and poses zero threat.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Pre-annoyed for Saturday on 14:57 - Apr 6 with 351 viewsWhos_blue

Pre-annoyed for Saturday on 14:44 - Apr 6 by ArnieM

ALL teams that have played a defend deep, and hit on the break approach, get the better of us. We simply don’t have the tactical nouce to deal with it. I suspect if/ when we play them again in the PO’s we will adopt our same pedestrian build up from defence, having a high possession % in our own half, which is utterly meaningless and poses zero threat.

I'm as frustrated as you today but this is just bobbins.
I know the table will probably look different at 5pm, but we're still top of the league until then.
Everything you've mentioned in your post is what's put us top.
A little perspective please.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Pre-annoyed for Saturday on 15:02 - Apr 6 with 323 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pre-annoyed for Saturday on 14:36 - Apr 6 by charlie1

Free-kick rather than corner, but it’s that style of football we just really struggle against.

Even more annoyed now, but in no way surprised.

Spot on with your prediction. Whilst I would take us doing it to beat nodge, I am glad we don't watch that turgid rubbish week in week out. The amusing thing from this is the likelihood that they will continue to celebrate their unbeaten run against us while being in the division below (unless we put them in their place in the play offs!)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024