Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you weren't a Town fan 20:02 - Apr 3 with 1356 viewsCoastalblue

and perhaps supported a side toward the top end of the Championship, to be fair wouldn't you despise us right now?

Cheap little upstarts, just come up from the wasteland of league one, no household name players or even any that cost any real money. Playing exciting attacking football, scoring more goals than anybody else, having more shots than anybody else, never know when they're beaten, scoring late, late goals again and again, winning points fro behind again and again.

Oh and TOP of the league.

They must absolutely hate us, our record breaking start to the season and refusal to shrivel up and disappear has completely screwed up the season.

I can't blame them for it to be honest.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If you weren't a Town fan on 20:07 - Apr 3 with 1284 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't think so.

Nodge fans will hate us because of who we are, but any other fans are likely to admire what we have achieved and admire the football we play. Of course the closest rivals will want to finish above us, but I think the rest will simply wish us well and enjoy watching us nearly as much as we do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If you weren't a Town fan on 20:19 - Apr 3 with 1205 views_clive_baker_

To be honest I would be backing Ipswich if I wasn't a fan. It's nice to see fresh blood in the Premier league, it keeps it interesting. We've not been there for 20 odd years, it would be a bit dull if Leeds, Southampton and Leicester went up IMO, as a neutral.

Not to mention the fact we're mixing it with clubs with parachute money and stupid wage bills relative to us. Young British coach, 2 of our back 4 for much of the season are local lads, a 'big money' signing for us is a million quid, full houses and good atmosphere in a proper ground, not some out of town identikit flat pack stadium. I would fancy it as an away day if I supported a premier league club.
If you weren't a Town fan on 20:25 - Apr 3 with 1170 viewsMK1

Quite the opposite for me. I would be wanting Ipswich to top the league, just to show the likes of Leicester and Leeds that money doesn't guarantee success. If I supported say Swansea, I would look at Ipswich and have hope for my club to take on those that come down next season.
If you weren't a Town fan on 20:31 - Apr 3 with 1109 viewsJ2BLUE

The no household names thing is a bit harsh. I don't think we have less household names than any other side who wasn't relegated from the Prem last season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you weren't a Town fan on 20:37 - Apr 3 with 1065 viewspatrickswell

I remember feeling envious when Southampton surged from League One to the top of the Championship under Nigel Adkins, which as I remember was helped by a takeover injecting new life (and funds) into the club. I just tried to pretend it wasn’t happening when Norwich did a similar trick.

I think “despise” would be too strong a word, but envy would be correct. Birmingham City must be comparing what their American owners and British CEO (Garry Cook) have done so far in comparison to ours and despairing.
If you weren't a Town fan on 20:43 - Apr 3 with 1024 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I mean this sincerely, If I were a fan of any other side, with the exceptions of Leeds, Leicester, Southampton and Nodge, I'd be willing Ipswich to take one of the automatic spots.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure to see one of the 'Parachute Clubs' miss out on promotion because of a side with markedly less resource available.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If you weren't a Town fan on 20:43 - Apr 3 with 1021 viewsCoastalblue

If you weren't a Town fan on 20:31 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

The no household names thing is a bit harsh. I don't think we have less household names than any other side who wasn't relegated from the Prem last season.

To be honest, when I said toward the top end of the Championship it was the three relegated sides I meant.

Clearly I wasn't very good at communicating that, yes agree with all above, the rest of the league, scum excepted are probably enjoying the fact that we are ruffling their feathers and likely to ensure at least one of them stays down here.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If you weren't a Town fan on 20:43 - Apr 3 with 1021 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you weren't a Town fan on 20:37 - Apr 3 by patrickswell

I remember feeling envious when Southampton surged from League One to the top of the Championship under Nigel Adkins, which as I remember was helped by a takeover injecting new life (and funds) into the club. I just tried to pretend it wasn’t happening when Norwich did a similar trick.

I think “despise” would be too strong a word, but envy would be correct. Birmingham City must be comparing what their American owners and British CEO (Garry Cook) have done so far in comparison to ours and despairing.

I loved it when Southampton did that, especially with the players they were producing through their academy on the way.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

If you weren't a Town fan on 20:58 - Apr 3 with 916 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It’s quite funny watching Leeds/Leicester/Saints fans going’s through the various stages of emotion over the season. Firstly a bit of admiration for our stunning start, then slight bewilderment that we kept it up, followed by glee and ‘told you so’ during our dip. Since the dip, and after overtaking Leeds to have the best 10 game form in the league and going top, we’ve now gone to outright vitriol.

The final stage will be grief, when we pip one of the entitled ‘big boys’ to the autos…
If you weren't a Town fan on 21:01 - Apr 3 with 892 views_clive_baker_

If you weren't a Town fan on 20:43 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I loved it when Southampton did that, especially with the players they were producing through their academy on the way.

I remember they dismantled us 5-2 at PR that season and if anything it flattered us. They were sensational that night and that season. Lallana, Cork, Schneiderlin, Lambert etc.
If you weren't a Town fan on 21:08 - Apr 3 with 848 viewsgainsboroughblue

I personally think we have made the Championship what it is this season.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

If you weren't a Town fan on 21:12 - Apr 3 with 831 viewsChorleyBoy

If you weren't a Town fan on 20:43 - Apr 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

I mean this sincerely, If I were a fan of any other side, with the exceptions of Leeds, Leicester, Southampton and Nodge, I'd be willing Ipswich to take one of the automatic spots.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure to see one of the 'Parachute Clubs' miss out on promotion because of a side with markedly less resource available.

To be fair when you read Leicester, Leeds and Southampton fan sites, the vast majority of them appear to want us to go up, though not at their won expense.

The "lucky" tag we've picked up is largely borne out of frustration that we might pip one of the parachute clubs to automatic promotion.

Each of these three clubs prefer us to their parachute rivals by some margin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024