Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds 06:51 - Apr 3 with 1409 viewsRIPbobby

On the final day. Almost certainly will rest up the key players for the playoffs. Seems a little unfair on us if that happens.
I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 07:07 - Apr 3 with 1335 viewsHerbivore

The first leg of the play offs will be at least a week later so no real need to rest players unless they are carrying a knock. They won't want to go into the play offs off a defeat and depending on how the next few weeks go, Leeds could be a side they might face in the play offs so won't want to throw a game against them. Really not worth worrying about it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 07:08 - Apr 3 with 1335 viewsWestcountryblue

The flip side of that is those fringe players will be desperate to impress and get into play off squads / potentially play at Wembley.

Personally, i think things will be decided before that. We need to hope that Leicester keep imploding on and off the pitch.
I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 07:27 - Apr 3 with 1245 viewsPinewoodblue

Destiny is in our hands, it is up to us the secure as many points as possible.

May the fourth be with us.
[Post edited 3 Apr 13:12]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 07:49 - Apr 3 with 1153 viewsChurchman

They’ll play their best team and quite frankly who cares. It up to us to do our best to take our opportunity and win as many as we can and ignore the other two.
I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 08:02 - Apr 3 with 1080 viewstonybied

I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 07:49 - Apr 3 by Churchman

They’ll play their best team and quite frankly who cares. It up to us to do our best to take our opportunity and win as many as we can and ignore the other two.

Exactly, we just need to concentrate on ourselves. It's in our hands so we shouldn't need to worry about what others are doing.
I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 10:20 - Apr 3 with 819 viewsGuthrum

I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 07:27 - Apr 3 by Pinewoodblue

Destiny is very much in our own hands.

If we equal the number of points gained by Leeds between now and the end of the season (plus no more than 12 fewer than Southampton, of course), then we are in the automatic promotion places - whatever happens anywhere else.

We can only fail to do that by drawing or losing games. As things stand, only our direct match-by-match opponents can stop us.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 12:20 - Apr 3 with 649 viewsBlue_In_Boston

I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 07:27 - Apr 3 by Pinewoodblue

Don't mention fourth, or even third. Automatic has to be the aim...
I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 12:30 - Apr 3 with 598 viewsNutkins_Return

And if they do they do. That's their prerogative. The fixtures are what they are and it's as it ever was. We may face teams with nothing to play for as well at some point. Everyone just has to play what's in front of them and it's that simple. Over the course of the season there will be fixtures that work for and against.
Login to get fewer ads

I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 12:44 - Apr 3 with 558 viewstonybied

I still feel saints will put out a weak team v leeds on 12:30 - Apr 3 by Nutkins_Return

And if they do they do. That's their prerogative. The fixtures are what they are and it's as it ever was. We may face teams with nothing to play for as well at some point. Everyone just has to play what's in front of them and it's that simple. Over the course of the season there will be fixtures that work for and against.

There's a possibility that every game we play after the Norwich game is against a team with nothing left to play for, Watford's season is cooked already, Middlesbrough's could be done in a couple of games as could Hull's then we head into the last couple where you'd imagine most positions will be sorted. This season being so tight means the chances of this being the case are not particularly high but it is not beyond the realms of possibility either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024