Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge 21:39 - Apr 2 with 2842 viewsDarkBrandon

… in a very poor United side.

My Cambridge supporting mate thinks they’d love to sign him permanently, but expects they’ll be priced out by competition in the Summer.

I’m glad for him. He’s had no luck recently.
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 22:25 - Apr 2 with 2588 viewsNutkins_Return

Posted on his goals yesterday and form. 9 in his last 10 games (did have a big gap with injury). He will be in demand.doing very well
[Post edited 3 Apr 12:27]
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 06:16 - Apr 3 with 2196 viewsbobbyramsey

We could keep him, Ahadme and Al Hamadi up front together would be a mouthful for any commentator......
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 08:38 - Apr 3 with 1850 viewsZapers

Yes but he was panic signing,

according to some experts on here!
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 08:40 - Apr 3 with 1841 viewsSteve_M

Decent League 1 striker, shame he got injured so soon after signing for us as he might have done a similar job to that AAH is doing now a level below - a bit too raw to start regularly, but a good impact player and a threat to tiring defenders.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 09:54 - Apr 3 with 1663 viewsZapers

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 08:40 - Apr 3 by Steve_M

Decent League 1 striker, shame he got injured so soon after signing for us as he might have done a similar job to that AAH is doing now a level below - a bit too raw to start regularly, but a good impact player and a threat to tiring defenders.

We recently signed a decent league 2 striker.

Hasn’t done too badly so far, consider he’s carrying an injury.
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 11:42 - Apr 3 with 1510 viewsGuthrum

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 08:38 - Apr 3 by Zapers

I think it's somewhere between the two. He was an emergency signing when we couldn't get our first targets and the window was closing. But also he was a really decent prospect who had been scoring goals for his existing club.

It was just unfortunate that he was injured and it happened again, so we never got to find out how he would have done. Could quite easily have become like al-Hamadi is now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 11:50 - Apr 3 with 1456 viewsSteve_M

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 09:54 - Apr 3 by Zapers

We recently signed a decent league 2 striker.

Hasn’t done too badly so far, consider he’s carrying an injury.

AAH looks to have a far higher ceiling than Ahadme at this point I think, which was where I was marking the difference.

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 11:51 - Apr 3 with 1441 viewsArnieM

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 11:42 - Apr 3 by Guthrum

I think it's somewhere between the two. He was an emergency signing when we couldn't get our first targets and the window was closing. But also he was a really decent prospect who had been scoring goals for his existing club.

It was just unfortunate that he was injured and it happened again, so we never got to find out how he would have done. Could quite easily have become like al-Hamadi is now.

He had our defence under the cosh when he played against us for Burton.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 11:53 - Apr 3 with 1426 viewsgordon

Two excellent finishes against Wigan.
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 13:19 - Apr 3 with 1297 viewsZapers

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 11:50 - Apr 3 by Steve_M

AAH looks to have a far higher ceiling than Ahadme at this point I think, which was where I was marking the difference.

Fair enufsky, just think Ahadme needs to be given some time in order to see what he is capable of.
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 13:31 - Apr 3 with 1236 viewsPhilTWTD

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 08:38 - Apr 3 by Zapers

Think he was to some degree. I very much doubt he was anywhere near the top of the list at the start of that window and we got to a point where we desperately needed another striker.
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 13:51 - Apr 3 with 1144 viewsSteve_M

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 13:19 - Apr 3 by Zapers

Fair enufsky, just think Ahadme needs to be given some time in order to see what he is capable of.

True, and I guess the loans do that. Maybe one to a better L1 team next season.

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 13:55 - Apr 3 with 1117 viewsPhilTWTD

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 13:31 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

Think he was to some degree. I very much doubt he was anywhere near the top of the list at the start of that window and we got to a point where we desperately needed another striker.

I don't think it's any coincidence that two of our least successful signings over the last couple of years both came in on the same deadline day.
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 14:02 - Apr 3 with 1062 viewsSteve_M

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 13:55 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

I don't think it's any coincidence that two of our least successful signings over the last couple of years both came in on the same deadline day.

Nope, quite a few with the kid in a sweetshop approach of Summer 2021 too though.

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 14:04 - Apr 3 with 1056 views_clive_baker_

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 13:55 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

I think the word 'panic' has quite a negative connotation, so it depends how you view it. He was (is) still very young, had started the season really well for Burton, not least against us at their place and we got him for an absolute pittance. I doubt he was at the top of the shopping list and injuries didn't help his cause, but he was worth a punt and I wouldn't be surprised if we make our money back on him when he's inevitably moved on this summer given he's hit double figures in a crap side and not played all that many games either.
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 17:40 - Apr 3 with 800 viewsNutkins_Return

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 13:31 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

Any idea the fee? Or if you know but can't say then understand.

I imagine around £150k would have been going rate but also suspect we would have to have overpaid to get him given the timing.
Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 18:04 - Apr 3 with 728 viewsRadlett_blue

Ahadme has got three in his last two games for Cambridge on 08:40 - Apr 3 by Steve_M

Indeed, who knows with young players on the way up?
Kieffer Moore looked hopeless in his cameo sub appearances under Mick.
Ahadme looked raw, but is only 23 & might improve. He has another year left on his contract so a loan to League 1 again could be in prospect, or we could get a fee for him.
I remember some people on here getting very sniffy when Town were linked with a 25 year old striker from Fleetwood Town. His name was Jamie Vardy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024