Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes 23:07 - Apr 1 with 2773 viewsMaySixth

would have him back at Portman Road in a heartbeat

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:11 - Apr 1 with 2728 viewsSwansea_Blue

I would too. He's a good player and Morsy could pass the baton on to him. In the mean time, would he work next to Morsy? Probably, because he's a quality player, but it's not his natural game having to play a bit more advanced and next to the main DM. He's very much settled into that lone holding role since he left us.

If we went up, we'd stand a very good chance of getting him I expect. West Ham don't seem to want him and there can't be that much PL interest if he's had to drop back down again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:12 - Apr 1 with 2714 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

He had his chance.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:17 - Apr 1 with 2667 viewsHipsterectomy

What happened to him? Thought he was all West Ham til I die etc. Didn't pay much attention but he seemed to be starting for them whenever I checked, including European games, plus they usually give you a lot of room for improvement if you're one of their own.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:23 - Apr 1 with 2595 viewstractorshark

Not totally convinced. Thought he played well but I still think he’s a bit limited going forwards.
You can argue that’s his role but he can do that for Saints because they have decent attacking options,
At Swansea, under Martin, he just passed it sideways and backwards.
McKenna’s way of playing requires some sense of dynamism and creativity from our holding midfielders.
Undoubtedly, we will need to upgrade and replace at some point but I’m not overly convinced Downes is the answer to that.
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:25 - Apr 1 with 2556 viewsBluespeed225

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:17 - Apr 1 by Hipsterectomy

What happened to him? Thought he was all West Ham til I die etc. Didn't pay much attention but he seemed to be starting for them whenever I checked, including European games, plus they usually give you a lot of room for improvement if you're one of their own.

those wet wipes are driving Moyes out in the summer, maybe they don't see Flynn as 'faaaamily', didn't come through the 'academy' so he's not one of their own? Did all he could to engineer a move away from here, though the way the Club was at the time who could blame him. Better player now, be a good successor to Sam or Mass.
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:46 - Apr 1 with 2411 viewsMaySixth

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:17 - Apr 1 by Hipsterectomy

He hardly started for West Ham and Moyes doesn't trust young players.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:54 - Apr 1 with 2345 viewsnorfsufblue

KMc would be the absolutely perfect manager for him.... he's got all the tools
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 00:06 - Apr 2 with 2296 viewsstonojnr

You know what I didn't even realise he was playing tonight, I heard someone mention his name and thought he was just the Sky pundit for the match
Login to get fewer ads

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 00:07 - Apr 2 with 2281 viewsNutkins_Return

Fantastic player. Ideal Morsy replacement. Only possible chance is if we go up.
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 00:43 - Apr 2 with 2184 viewsbournemouthblue

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 00:06 - Apr 2 by stonojnr

You know what I didn't even realise he was playing tonight, I heard someone mention his name and thought he was just the Sky pundit for the match

He very much helped to dominate the midfield in Southampton's favour and had a good battle with Morsy

He could be better offensively but Martin may not be instructing him to play forward too often, who knows

Martin seems to like to play fairly narrow, the likes of Aribo tuck in rather than get down the line

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 01:03 - Apr 2 with 2144 viewsBugs

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 00:06 - Apr 2 by stonojnr

I was keeping half an eye out for him and thought he was one of their better players, especially first half.

If we were to go up, and we bought Downes, I would say that would be a very good bit of business.

Also, nice to see he swapped shirts with Wolfy at the end of the game.
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 05:43 - Apr 2 with 1933 viewstextbackup

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:23 - Apr 1 by tractorshark

Not totally convinced. Thought he played well but I still think he’s a bit limited going forwards.
You can argue that’s his role but he can do that for Saints because they have decent attacking options,
At Swansea, under Martin, he just passed it sideways and backwards.
McKenna’s way of playing requires some sense of dynamism and creativity from our holding midfielders.
Undoubtedly, we will need to upgrade and replace at some point but I’m not overly convinced Downes is the answer to that.

You not remember his bursting run and diving header goal for us?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 07:05 - Apr 2 with 1760 viewsibbleobble

I’d make him a primary target this summer. No brainer to bring him back. He wanted PL football, he’s done that and won a European trophy for the club he supports, well done to him. Now he can come back to the club that made him, play PL football and put in a shift for European football again.
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 08:21 - Apr 2 with 1560 viewsDJR

Downes was excellent yesterday, and even though we got into the game after the subs, Southampton still continued to have much of the possession, including at the end when they got into dangerous positions and had a few corners.

According to a comment on the Guardian website from a Saints fan, a lack of a cutting edge for all their possession, and a defensive frailty, are what lets them down.
[Post edited 2 Apr 8:27]
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 09:40 - Apr 2 with 1274 viewsBluesky

We need footballers not wrestlers.
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 14:11 - Apr 2 with 986 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 07:05 - Apr 2 by ibbleobble

I’d make him a primary target this summer. No brainer to bring him back. He wanted PL football, he’s done that and won a European trophy for the club he supports, well done to him. Now he can come back to the club that made him, play PL football and put in a shift for European football again.

Same. Really hope he ends up coming back and presumably realistic if we go up.
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 14:17 - Apr 2 with 954 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They were winning the midfield battle for about 45 minutes from when they went ahead but not convinced he was bossing the game especially. Between them Fraser, Aribo, Stuart Armstrong and Downes were a more effective unit until McKenna switched Hutchinson and brought Broadhead on. I think Morsy and Downes had a good battle that the referee allowed Downes to shade for a little while but Morsy came out well on top of in the end.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 14:50 - Apr 2 with 848 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 23:46 - Apr 1 by MaySixth

He hardly started for West Ham and Moyes doesn't trust young players.

Plus Moyesball means the midfielders only see the ball when it goes over their heads.
Flynn Downes bossed the game for 65 minutes on 15:19 - Apr 2 with 767 viewschicoazul

Absolutely. Can see us being in for a couple of Saints if we go up (when).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024