Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotch drinkers 17:26 - Mar 28 with 2000 viewsMullet

Been kindly gifted a bottle of Glen Scotia Double Cask. Not one for Scotch generally, love bourbon as a rule.

Anyone here had it? Looks like a nice bottle of stuff but it's not something I've had and I don't want it to go to waste.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Scotch drinkers on 16:23 - Mar 29 with 207 viewsDJR

Scotch drinkers on 13:46 - Mar 29 by leitrimblue

I could do with whisky drinking lessons/advice as well.

I keep being giving whisky and poitin by clients, mainly at Xmas but have no real history of drinking either. I just put it in the cupboard. There now so much poitin in there I fear if we ever have a housefire the place will explode.
I've downed a few whiskys in the pub when already full of beer but never just sat down and drank it on its own of a evening.
Does it have to be drunk neat or can I add ice?
Was told by an old boy the other year to ' mix poitin with white wine as its the only way to drink the sh1te' but not sure that was sound advice
Do I accompany it with cheese or jolly ranchers or his eating cheating?
Thank you

My dad used to get bottles of whisky at Christmas from clients, but despite being Scottish he wasn't a whisky man (or even much of a drinker) so they ended up in sideboards and like.

When he died, my mother put them up for sale at auction and she got quite a lot of money for them.

For my own part, I was put off whisky at an early age by being given hot toddies when I had a cold.

EDIT: I came across the following which made me laugh.

"A hot toddy is the Scottish “cold-cure” equivalent to homemade chicken soup!"
[Post edited 29 Mar 16:26]
Scotch drinkers on 16:24 - Mar 29 with 201 viewsMedwayTractor

Scotch drinkers on 16:11 - Mar 29 by rattram

Been drinking Scotch for years and only discovered Glen Scotia recently. A very tasty dram, as long as you add nothing more than water. Those who would add coke or cherryade to whisky, make sure it's a blend.

The other thing you can add is more whisky.......

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Scotch drinkers on 19:55 - Mar 29 with 154 viewsjayessess

Anyone else need a drink?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024