Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting thread on the way football is going... 14:10 - Mar 22 with 675 viewsnewlurker

Ticket collection farce is getting rife

sorry for non-X users, I don't know how to show you.
Interesting thread on the way football is going... on 14:21 - Mar 22 with 599 viewsZx1988

It's an interesting one.

The rationale behind it is clear - to prevent and discourage fans from abusing the system for their own gain, whilst penalising others. Be it buying season tickets to sell on for profit (as in the case of Man Utd), or abusing priority point systems in order to try and get points that they otherwise wouldn't be entitled to.

The question is whether there are other ways for clubs to do this. It feels somewhat unfair for clubs to cop the flack for this, when it's very much a case of unscrupulous fans ruining it for the honest majority.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Interesting thread on the way football is going... on 14:53 - Mar 22 with 534 viewsIllinoisblue

The Town fan in that thread who was randomly selected… it’s weird the club say it’s to try and crack down on touting. Blackburn away with a large allocation and not exactly a glamorous fixture doesn’t seem a prime touting game.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Interesting thread on the way football is going... on 14:58 - Mar 22 with 497 viewsnewlurker

Interesting thread on the way football is going... on 14:53 - Mar 22 by Illinoisblue

The Town fan in that thread who was randomly selected… it’s weird the club say it’s to try and crack down on touting. Blackburn away with a large allocation and not exactly a glamorous fixture doesn’t seem a prime touting game.

Which does suggest other motives. I found it interesting, the game is definitely taking a different direction with fans at the moment and doesn't sound like the new Football Regulator actually protects the fans, just the clubs.
Interesting thread on the way football is going... on 14:59 - Mar 22 with 491 viewsZx1988

Interesting thread on the way football is going... on 14:53 - Mar 22 by Illinoisblue

I'd say it's more the fact that the match could be seen as an easy way to get priority points - similar to Reading earlier in the season.

An all-but-unlimited allocation with reasonably-priced tickets - I'm sure that there are a number of fans out there who'd happily see it as an opportunity to buy an additional point for next season.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Interesting thread on the way football is going... on 15:54 - Mar 22 with 398 viewsIllinoisblue

Interesting thread on the way football is going... on 14:58 - Mar 22 by newlurker

Which does suggest other motives. I found it interesting, the game is definitely taking a different direction with fans at the moment and doesn't sound like the new Football Regulator actually protects the fans, just the clubs.

Football remains at its core beautiful and incredible but is increasingly turning to sheeite with endless rows about VAR, betting, foreign owners, corruption, finances etc.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024