Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we go up this season are we ***ked? 21:50 - Mar 21 with 3809 viewsMelford

With this P+S thing? The last 3 years we have had 2 in League One where we made ***k all profit.So even though we have loaded owners we will have serious limitations on how much we can spend on the squad if we reach the promised land.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 12:12 - Mar 22 with 409 viewsHelp

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 21:57 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yeah, no way these players could keep us up in the Championship let alone compete in the Premier League. The only way to survive in the Premier League would have been to spend over £100M on players.

The team currently in 3rd place ?
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 12:31 - Mar 22 with 389 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 12:12 - Mar 22 by Help

The team currently in 3rd place ?

Is it 'Help' with irony you need?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 13:07 - Mar 22 with 358 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:27 - Mar 22 by ElephantintheRoom

I think you’ll find the ‘owners’ have very little money and are living off spiralling loans - which in at least one case are coming home to roost. I doubt the pension fund who financed the purchase will be committing anything beyond what was in the original agreement as they are duty bound to get a return - not subsidise a small town football club living beyond its means in a foreign land.

As to the effect of promotion- simple maths shows this is by far the best option - as well as giving the ‘owners’ something to cream off - and the bonus of relegation payments to keep the gravy train rolling. IF Town get knocked out in the play offs the two years of massive overspending exiting division 3 come home to roost - and player sales will be needed, not to mention perhaps a five year plan with an abrupt u-turn on the academy.

I've just worked out which elephant in the room you are.

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 14:57 - Mar 22 with 318 viewsbazza

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:23 - Mar 22 by Churchman

I agree. Whatever happens between now and May we’ve just seen two seasons of a lifetime. 179 points, 181 goals with eight games to play and exciting football that I never thought I’d see again at PR. I’m enjoying the moment.

Whatever happens, the future looks interesting and positive. I’ve no idea how the finances work, how the PL works (other than to the benefit of the top clubs), but I do know the club is in a far better place, infrastructure, assets, players, organisation than it was three years ago. It’s progressing and it’s fun.

I literally can’t think of anything else lately. I keep looking at the fixtures the tables, what’s going on around the club in the club, I can’t get enough, it’s mental. The town/county is buzzing . I hope bar maybe a few players leaving at best and with a few additions at most, the team that have given us this crazy journey, gets a fair crack of the whip in the prem.. if/when we go up.
[Post edited 22 Mar 14:59]
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 15:21 - Mar 22 with 291 viewsChurchman

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 14:57 - Mar 22 by bazza

I literally can’t think of anything else lately. I keep looking at the fixtures the tables, what’s going on around the club in the club, I can’t get enough, it’s mental. The town/county is buzzing . I hope bar maybe a few players leaving at best and with a few additions at most, the team that have given us this crazy journey, gets a fair crack of the whip in the prem.. if/when we go up.
[Post edited 22 Mar 14:59]

Me too. And elephantmoanalot isn’t going to spoil it!
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 15:37 - Mar 22 with 270 viewsReusersTown

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 09:11 - Mar 22 by Cotty

How many responses do you need to get it up?

He's getting more and more desperate lately. Not sure why he's still allowed to be here though really! Being as obvious of a troll as he is.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 16:49 - Mar 22 with 221 viewsbazza

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 15:21 - Mar 22 by Churchman

Me too. And elephantmoanalot isn’t going to spoil it!

Yea 🛎️ 🧀
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024