Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Commentators chatting rubbish already 12:17 - Mar 16 with 795 viewsStu_boy

Asked a question, who was the last west midlands club to win a major trophy? Answer given was Coventry in 1988, while they did, think the commentator completely overlooked Birmingham winning the carabao cup in 2011 vs arsenal
Commentators chatting rubbish already on 12:43 - Mar 16 with 694 viewsITFC_Forever

Coventry didn’t win anything in 1988.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Commentators chatting rubbish already on 13:15 - Mar 16 with 598 viewsjontysnut

I think Villa won the League Cup twice since Coventry cup win
Commentators chatting rubbish already on 13:32 - Mar 16 with 546 viewsThundermuffin86

Coventry City won a major trophy in 1987
Commentators chatting rubbish already on 13:36 - Mar 16 with 532 viewsMiaow

Since Coventry won the FA Cup in ‘87, Villa have won the League Cup twice (both times in the ‘90s) and Birmingham then did so in 2011.

Which channel is the game on? I struggle to think of any commentators I particularly like these days. Steve Wilson is alright. Speaking of commentators, whoever it is on Radio 5 Live keeps talking about the FA Cup “korter-final”... That mispronunciation irritates me more than most.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Commentators chatting rubbish already on 13:43 - Mar 16 with 505 viewspointofblue

Commentators chatting rubbish already on 13:36 - Mar 16 by Miaow

Since Coventry won the FA Cup in ‘87, Villa have won the League Cup twice (both times in the ‘90s) and Birmingham then did so in 2011.

Which channel is the game on? I struggle to think of any commentators I particularly like these days. Steve Wilson is alright. Speaking of commentators, whoever it is on Radio 5 Live keeps talking about the FA Cup “korter-final”... That mispronunciation irritates me more than most.

I think the issue might be the League Cup being seen as a major trophy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Commentators chatting rubbish already on 14:05 - Mar 16 with 472 viewsStu_boy

Commentators chatting rubbish already on 13:43 - Mar 16 by pointofblue

To be fair it's probably as major as the pizza cup
Commentators chatting rubbish already on 14:09 - Mar 16 with 454 viewsjontysnut

Commentators chatting rubbish already on 14:05 - Mar 16 by Stu_boy

To be fair it's probably as major as the pizza cup

I get annoyed with the Charity Shield being described as an honour and 'silverware'.
Commentators chatting rubbish already on 14:19 - Mar 16 with 424 viewsSmithersJones

Commentators chatting rubbish already on 13:43 - Mar 16 by pointofblue

Very much depends on the year. 1962 and 1985, to pick two at random - it wasn’t a major trophy those years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024