Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recommended internet/TV providers 16:11 - Mar 13 with 696 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Seen this discussed a few times on here, who's hot at the moment? Our contract with TalkTalk is coming to an end and we've been a bit peed off with the reception throughout the flat, issues with internet dropping etc. Not terrible but we're sure there's better.

Had Virgin Media before, with mixed results. One place they were great, another terrible (and the customer service I found lacking).

Think I've read on here some of the smaller places are good, and reasonably priced (need a TV package too).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Recommended internet/TV providers on 16:25 - Mar 13 with 663 viewsJakeITFC

From my experience Sky are the best but getting quite mentally expensive now (and for dwindling returns, especially on the sporting front).

Can’t fault their internet speeds, general tv offering (as in ease of use, availability of stuff, multi-room etc) and ease to add/remove stuff as needed, but definitely pay for the privilege.
Recommended internet/TV providers on 16:51 - Mar 13 with 626 viewstextbackup

Typically would have said BT as worked there 21 years, and I’d probably still say BT as so many other providers use the BT network to provide the Internet anyway. So if you get an issue you’ll complain direct to the problem, and likely get it fixed quicker.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Recommended internet/TV providers on 17:08 - Mar 13 with 587 viewsericclacton

I'm with the CO_OP, no problems.

Recommended internet/TV providers on 18:56 - Mar 13 with 493 viewscressi

Recommended internet/TV providers on 17:08 - Mar 13 by ericclacton

I'm with the CO_OP, no problems.

I'm with bt got the sport nothing cheap about 80 a month unlimited but have a kodi box for sports with other providers bought for 50 quid can watch nearly everything free.
Recommended internet/TV providers on 18:59 - Mar 13 with 485 viewsBasuco

First thing to remember is that internet speed and reliability is 99% down to the copper lines between the fibre and your home, not the ISP. The best is full fibre to your home, but as you can guess it is the most expensive, also think about who the provider buy's their internet from, if they buy from BT then you will share the providers bandwidth that they have paid BT for with all the other customers in your area. So this may be a bottle neck as well, at the end of the day you get what you pay for and speed and reliability depend on elements outside the control of the ISP. My recommendation is go for full fibre into your property, but you need to justify/afford the additional cost.
Recommended internet/TV providers on 20:11 - Mar 13 with 415 viewsRimsy

I switched to Zen (city fibre) after getting sick of Virgins non existent customer service. Best thing I did, rock solid connection (300mbps). Not dropped out in the 18 months i've had it.

BlueBlood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024