Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move 10:32 - Mar 13 with 15645 viewsMattinLondon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68552407

The Tories have sunk to even lower - wonder how low they can go.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:27 - Mar 19 with 693 viewsHerbivore

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:16 - Mar 19 by redrickstuhaart

Your comments on this thread are invidious, disingenuous and slippery. I don't know whether it is purposeful, or simply the honest result of having bought into ideas and ways of thinking that are problematic. The alt right, reverse victimhood and minimisation drips off every paragraph.

How on earth has a thread, rightly calling out nasty racist nonsense, turned into one about supposed anti-white racism? That fact alone, illustrates my point. Its whatabouttery and minimisation, dressed up in faux debate.

Their very first post in this thread was a much more direct attempt to downplay and minimise the racist remarks about Dianne Abbott. I think it's pretty evident what this individual is up to here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:30 - Mar 19 with 690 viewsWhos_blue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:16 - Mar 19 by redrickstuhaart

Your comments on this thread are invidious, disingenuous and slippery. I don't know whether it is purposeful, or simply the honest result of having bought into ideas and ways of thinking that are problematic. The alt right, reverse victimhood and minimisation drips off every paragraph.

How on earth has a thread, rightly calling out nasty racist nonsense, turned into one about supposed anti-white racism? That fact alone, illustrates my point. Its whatabouttery and minimisation, dressed up in faux debate.

"How on earth has a thread, rightly calling out nasty racist nonsense, turned into one about supposed anti-white racism?"

More to the point, how on earth has this thread meandered its way to a 10 pager?!?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:30 - Mar 19 with 689 viewsMattinLondon

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:27 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

Their very first post in this thread was a much more direct attempt to downplay and minimise the racist remarks about Dianne Abbott. I think it's pretty evident what this individual is up to here.

Not sure if I’m the only one to have seen this. But I saw on my Facebook feed an image of a mocked-up Dianne Abbott wishing people a happy St Patrick’s Day whilst holding up a Scottish flag.

If you discredit the person being abused than the whole narrative to ridicule.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:31 - Mar 19 with 683 viewsHerbivore

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:25 - Mar 19 by Europablue

Please tell me what form of evidence you want me to provide.
Your request for evidence didn't stipulate that racist abuse that I suffered didn't count. Is there any evidence apart from anecdotes, does it need to be an audio or video recording or a tweet?
You deflect on the direct questions I asked you and try to gaslight me.
If you think it's a strawman, then someone could say that yes, racism against white people also exists. There is a whole of concept called critical race theory that basically states that there can be no racism against the societal majority race. I don't know if you adhere to that belief.
It feels like me being centrist and advocating against racism against all races and agreeing that on the whole in the UK racism is worse for non-whites is not extreme enough for you and some other people. I have to also agree that racism against white people doesn't happen and there is no structural discrimination against white people to be accepted on here.

Interestingly, the only anecdotal examples you've offered of racism against white people (yourself in this instance) were in situations where you as a white person were in a minority. Maybe those critical race theorists are on to something?
[Post edited 19 Mar 17:59]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:35 - Mar 19 with 670 viewseireblue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:25 - Mar 19 by Europablue

Please tell me what form of evidence you want me to provide.
Your request for evidence didn't stipulate that racist abuse that I suffered didn't count. Is there any evidence apart from anecdotes, does it need to be an audio or video recording or a tweet?
You deflect on the direct questions I asked you and try to gaslight me.
If you think it's a strawman, then someone could say that yes, racism against white people also exists. There is a whole of concept called critical race theory that basically states that there can be no racism against the societal majority race. I don't know if you adhere to that belief.
It feels like me being centrist and advocating against racism against all races and agreeing that on the whole in the UK racism is worse for non-whites is not extreme enough for you and some other people. I have to also agree that racism against white people doesn't happen and there is no structural discrimination against white people to be accepted on here.

See, what you do is, research, assemble data, consider the data, construct evidence, come to some conclusions and opinions derived from the data and evidence.

You made an assertion. It is on you to provide the evidence that informed your opinion.
A bit like you tried earlier, but, but that seemed to go wrong.

But maybe I was just taught badly by the British Educational Establishment about how to have informed opinions.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 18:11 - Mar 19 with 623 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 15:19 - Mar 19 by leitrimblue

I took more then my fair share of abuse over tarmacing and lucky heather...

My wife has had that sort of crap over the years.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 18:56 - Mar 19 with 576 viewsEwan_Oozami

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 17:30 - Mar 19 by Whos_blue

"How on earth has a thread, rightly calling out nasty racist nonsense, turned into one about supposed anti-white racism?"

More to the point, how on earth has this thread meandered its way to a 10 pager?!?

Lucky we caught the JK Rowling mention, otherwise it could have got to 20!!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 19:32 - Mar 19 with 547 viewseireblue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 18:56 - Mar 19 by Ewan_Oozami

Lucky we caught the JK Rowling mention, otherwise it could have got to 20!!

Is that a challenge?
Login to get fewer ads

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 20:13 - Mar 19 with 491 viewsWhos_blue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 19:32 - Mar 19 by eireblue

Is that a challenge?

Please no!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:04 - Mar 21 with 353 viewsDJR

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:32 - Mar 16 by DJR

It is clear to me that they don't want her back, whatever she does. Hence, the 11 months' delay in her case which appears to be stringing things out to until the election.

She is still a member of the Labour Party.

As it is, we've reached the absurd position where even some Jewish members of the Labour Party have been been asked to undergo antisemitism training.
[Post edited 16 Mar 12:42]

Returning to the treatment of Abbott who has been in limbo for 11 months, it is interesting to contrast her treatment with the treatment of two MPs from the right of the party who actually used antisemitic tropes and were not suspended.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/labour-mp-apologises-for-run-on-silver

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/labour-frontbencher-steve-reed-apologi

I don't recall either case getting much in the way of publicity.
[Post edited 21 Mar 12:08]
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:58 - Mar 21 with 308 viewsredrickstuhaart

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:04 - Mar 21 by DJR

Returning to the treatment of Abbott who has been in limbo for 11 months, it is interesting to contrast her treatment with the treatment of two MPs from the right of the party who actually used antisemitic tropes and were not suspended.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/labour-mp-apologises-for-run-on-silver

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/labour-frontbencher-steve-reed-apologi

I don't recall either case getting much in the way of publicity.
[Post edited 21 Mar 12:08]

Not buying the second one...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024