Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky 20:36 - Mar 9 with 2697 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I wish he'd stop punching/slapping the ball away. It's something he's really increased of late, and I honestly think as a result he's not commanding his area as well as he was at the beginning of the season.

He wasn't at fault for either goal, just something I've observed.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Hladky on 07:57 - Mar 11 with 343 viewsRobTheMonk

It looks like he punches because he’s not the most physically imposing keeper and would rather be sure of a punch away than a dropped ball into the danger area.

If you know he likes to punch, you can setup as a team for it.

I do think he should be catching some more of what he punches though.

His footwork is excellent though.

All the talk about Walton being the better keeper is all well and good, but in the games he’s played this season in the cup, he’s not exactly looked great. Add the fact that McKenna has felt Hladky to be the better keeper for the team in ALL league games this season speaks for itself.
Hladky on 08:44 - Mar 11 with 288 viewsDJR

Hladky on 07:49 - Mar 11 by badadski

The game where he went to punch the ball and hit thin air was one. Can’t say that if he tried to catch he would have faired any better but deffo has had issues. I’m not saying he needs to be replaced as it’s too late now to swap keepers it’s just I don’t feel as safe with him in goal. He has had amazing games the same for lots of players in our team however I remember kelvin davies saying anything more than 7 errors a season and he considers that bad form. High standards to set but it’s possibly what we need.

That was the game I meant (Rotherham) but difficult to think of any other game where Hladky was particularly at fault.
Hladky on 09:00 - Mar 11 with 272 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hladky on 13:49 - Mar 10 by badadski

Hladky has been very good but as a whole has been helped by the team playing so well and almost over achieving. I am not saying he’s at fault as had pulled off some great saves but I never felt as threatened or nervous when Walton was in goal. He has far more pressence when it comes to high balls and corners due to his height meaning when he was in goal opposition corners used to be played not so close to the goal, same for crosses as he was so commanding.
Hladky punching or trying to has cost us goals against already and lead to dangerous situations like yesterday punching back to Cardiff for what looked a straightforward catch.

I haven’t done the maths but we are either unlucky or teams are just so clinical against us and not other teams as it seems we have so few shots on target against but a massive percentage of them go in. Quite a few I can think of where I have thought and pro keepers have thought he should have done a lot better .

Ofcourse we are top 3 for a reason and hladky has been part of the reason we are but I still don’t feel confident with him in goal. Our goals against seems to reflect ths also - - I know we are playing better opposition so hard to really compare this season to last season but will be interesting to see what happens with his contract as don’t think he is good enough for a premier league keeper where as Walton has been a premier keeper in the past -

Not blaming yesterday on hladky but i always have the feeling we will concede more than when walton was in goal

Last season, around the time Walton gifted Charlton 4 goals, we went in a run of six or seven games when we conceded every shot taken against us.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hladky on 09:19 - Mar 11 with 264 viewsRimsy

Now that teams are pressing us, not giving Hladky time to play out with his feet, it's rather negated his strengths over Walton. I'd like to see Walton back in, he commands his box better and catches more than punch.

BlueBlood

Hladky on 10:19 - Mar 11 with 236 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Hladky on 08:44 - Mar 11 by DJR

That was the game I meant (Rotherham) but difficult to think of any other game where Hladky was particularly at fault.

There have been a few that you wouldn’t necessarily call goalkeeping errors, but a better keeper probably saves them. Just off the top of my head recently, apart from Rotherham, West Brom’s 2nd goal & Sunderland’s goal in the home game which was far from in the corner. Also in the Millwall game, an early shot that was an easy catch just rebounded off him and could have gone anywhere. He did make an excellent save against Bristol City however.
I’m not sure that switching to Walton is the right thing to do now, but going forward we are going to need a keeper that’s as good with his feet as Hladky but far better with his hands.
Hladky on 14:34 - Mar 11 with 162 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Hladky on 07:33 - Mar 11 by DJR

Hladky wasn't to blame for our losing on Saturday, and made a couple of excellent saves.

OK, he has made perhaps one error which led to a goal a couple of weeks ago, and occasionally given the ball away when playing it out from the back, but I don't recall that (or his punching) leading to any goals.

Literally no one has blamed him for Saturday.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024