Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin 14:24 - Mar 7 with 2884 viewsLeics_Blue

In and amongst all the fallout from Tuesday, here and on socials/radio etc, I haven't seen one mention of Chaplin's 1st time round the corner pass to Burns for his run/cut back for the 1st goal.

I know he has done it before, and tries it quite a lot when it doesnt come off, but still think it needs to be highlighted every time he does it and it works as it looks soooo good and is massively effective.
Chaplin on 14:40 - Mar 7 with 2695 viewssaffers12

Did it in the Barnsley away game that led to the penalty
Chaplin on 14:53 - Mar 7 with 2612 viewsIllinoisblue

Ahem…

For no reason at all... by Illinoisblue 6 Mar 18:23
Also noteworthy; the pre-assist by Chaplin to Burns for the first goal. Perfectly weighted, perfectly curved. And not the first time Chappers has played such brilliant through balls

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Chaplin on 15:13 - Mar 7 with 2479 viewsLeics_Blue

Chaplin on 14:53 - Mar 7 by Illinoisblue

Ahem…

For no reason at all... by Illinoisblue 6 Mar 18:23
Also noteworthy; the pre-assist by Chaplin to Burns for the first goal. Perfectly weighted, perfectly curved. And not the first time Chappers has played such brilliant through balls

I formally withdraw my complaint. Can I downgrade it to "criminally under-appreciated except by the expertly trained eye"?
Chaplin on 15:20 - Mar 7 with 2425 viewsBluespeed225

That, Jezzas’ header onto Lief for his goal, Taylor’s tackle on the edge of their box as well as his shot(that Jezza almost got onto, he’s very good at following in, (Leicester away). That last 20 had so much good stuff.
Chaplin on 15:27 - Mar 7 with 2359 viewsGeoffSentence

Something else to note about said pass was that it came about from Chappers moving out right from the middle, which seemed to be a tweak McKenna made at the time of making the subs.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Chaplin on 15:44 - Mar 7 with 2263 viewsSteve_M

It was superb, he's good at that and it's one of our effective ways of switching play.

Wolfy's ball forward for the winner was pretty good too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chaplin on 17:09 - Mar 7 with 1971 viewsBasuco

I would also add that Chappers looked dead on his feet with 15 - 20 minutes to go, but then went on to pick up the pace and push on to the end, he is such an important player on the pitch.
Chaplin on 17:13 - Mar 7 with 1941 viewsTresBonne

And yet I still see some people on X/FB saying he isn't good enough. Nearly at 20 G/A for the season and that's just direct involvements, most of our moves he has something to do with. Massive cog in the team
Login to get fewer ads

Chaplin on 20:59 - Mar 7 with 1569 viewsRonFearonsHair

Going to hold my hands up and admit the ones not coming off in the first half were irritating me as a waste of possession. I have also made peace with the fact that more often than not I am wrong and there are an endless list of reasons that I am not his coach.
Chaplin on 21:58 - Mar 7 with 1365 viewsBloomBlue

It's a very clever pass and when it works completely opens up the opposition.

Another pass which never received any publicity was Wolf's for our 3rd goal. He looks up, sees Sarmiento with his hand up and its a perfect long pass which allows Sarmiento the chance to win the header and the ball goes to Davis.
Chaplin on 23:11 - Mar 7 with 1138 viewsSomethingBlue

Chaplin on 21:58 - Mar 7 by BloomBlue

It's a very clever pass and when it works completely opens up the opposition.

Another pass which never received any publicity was Wolf's for our 3rd goal. He looks up, sees Sarmiento with his hand up and its a perfect long pass which allows Sarmiento the chance to win the header and the ball goes to Davis.

And just the fact that, having read the perfect lofted pass, it’s our left winger in the centre-forward position flicking on for our left-back to be in on goal. It’s space-age stuff, light years from any football we have seen at Ipswich or most other places.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Chaplin on 05:21 - Mar 8 with 920 viewsBattersea_Blue

Switching play is one of Chappers great strengths and the telepathy he has with Wes is a pleasure to watch.

Another example of an instant switch was the long ball to the left he played to Davis in the build up to Wes's wonder bender goal. Superb and although that got a few mentions it didn't get enough in my opinion as it totally created the space for the final build up to what was an amazing all round team goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024