Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure we've discussed enough.. 12:16 - Mar 6 with 1967 viewsbaxterbasics

how cringe was that HT thing with the boxers? Admittedly I don't follow the sport closely and I'm aware this is all part of the 'drama' but feels far too much like WWE nonsense for my liking.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:32 - Mar 6 with 1898 viewsSitfcB

Not sure when people got so miserable and boring, seen a few people say it was cringe, all faux drama.

Of course it was hyped up and all that but it was a bit of light HT entertainment, best HT for years.

Frazer Clarke giving the slit throat to Magnus lower

Hope Fabio knocks him out, hard.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:36 - Mar 6 with 1847 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Just a bit of fun to be honest in my opinion. Boxing has long stopped taking itself seriously given the ridiculous YouTube and MMA fighter match ups.

At least they are trying to provide some half time entertainment. Under Evans it consisted of tumbleweeds blowing across the pitch.
[Post edited 6 Mar 12:37]
Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:37 - Mar 6 with 1836 viewsBuhrer

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:32 - Mar 6 by SitfcB

Not sure when people got so miserable and boring, seen a few people say it was cringe, all faux drama.

Of course it was hyped up and all that but it was a bit of light HT entertainment, best HT for years.

I laughed, jeered and shouted up yer bollix.

Cringe is something people do to themselves instead of having a laugh.
Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:41 - Mar 6 with 1773 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:36 - Mar 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Just a bit of fun to be honest in my opinion. Boxing has long stopped taking itself seriously given the ridiculous YouTube and MMA fighter match ups.

At least they are trying to provide some half time entertainment. Under Evans it consisted of tumbleweeds blowing across the pitch.

Bring back fans shooting through a hole in the goal to win a cruise, I say!
Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:41 - Mar 6 with 1769 viewspointofblue

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:32 - Mar 6 by SitfcB

The only thing I would say is the boxers should have been at the end of half time, as they fired up the crowd. Would have been good to go into the second half with that atmosphere.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:59 - Mar 6 with 1646 viewsRadlett_blue

Why do we need half time "entertainment" at all?
Worst thing they did was when the interval was stretched from the original 5 minutes (usually stretched to 10 becasue it didn;t start until the referee was back in his dressing room) became 10 and then the absurd 15 minutes, purely so that clubs can sell more over-priced food & drink (anyone can go without eating or drinking for 2 hours) & Sky can show more advertisements.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 13:08 - Mar 6 with 1590 viewsWeWereZombies

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:59 - Mar 6 by Radlett_blue

Why do we need half time "entertainment" at all?
Worst thing they did was when the interval was stretched from the original 5 minutes (usually stretched to 10 becasue it didn;t start until the referee was back in his dressing room) became 10 and then the absurd 15 minutes, purely so that clubs can sell more over-priced food & drink (anyone can go without eating or drinking for 2 hours) & Sky can show more advertisements.

Exactly. Imagine if we had some hard rock band on a podium at half time blasting out their ancient hits like they do in gridiron (even if it was someone decent like Aerosmith or ZZ Top.) Knowing our luck we would get some second rate act, not even a British or North American act but probably from somewhere like Australia and called some ridiculous name like, I dunno, AC/DC maybe...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 13:28 - Mar 6 with 1476 viewsSitfcB

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 12:41 - Mar 6 by HungryLikeTheWoolf

Bring back fans shooting through a hole in the goal to win a cruise, I say!

The boatiful game.

Classic.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 13:57 - Mar 6 with 1355 viewscressi

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 13:28 - Mar 6 by SitfcB

The boatiful game.

Classic.

Fraser Clarke from Burton on Trent he don't even no where Norwich is just a wind up. Fabio and him are friends just to get more people to watch. Fabio will KO within 7 rounds to heavy handed for Clarke.
Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 14:00 - Mar 6 with 1340 viewsbazza

Even that stopped when he tried to make the tumbleweeds purchase a ticket.
Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 14:01 - Mar 6 with 1335 viewsBlue_Order

A decent rendition of Poor Little Budgie though.
Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 14:51 - Mar 6 with 1185 viewsBloomBlue

Got to the ground extra early as a family member was one of the mascots last night. Standing near the tunnel while the mascots waited to be taken to the dugouts before the game (approx 6:45) for some photos, both of those boxers came out of the tunnel having a quick look around. Both stood there chatting away, having a laugh, even a bit of hugging.

I thought, i bet when they come out at HT there will be lots of pretending they hate each other, wouldn't surprise me if one will come out with a Town scarf and the other with a Norwich scarf, just to add to the pretence.
Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 16:15 - Mar 6 with 1057 viewsstonojnr

Which is strange right ? Because fundamentally boxing as a sport is about two people stepping into a ring and hitting each other as hard as they can till submission or they run out of rounds.

It's a sport where people can get hurt seriously, so why doesn't it take itself seriously in the pre bout stuff ?. Instead of pretending it's some new form of WWE.

For me it was so obviously faked faux whatever you want to call it and I'm best part of 50metres away from the two people standing on the halfway line, I can't see the big screen, so it was meaningless whatever gestures or stuff they were doing.

I just hoped the sprinklers would turn on when Clarke wandered off to the North stand. That would have been entertaining

I noted Clarke wasn't too keen to go that near the North stand, that might have been more entertaining.
Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 16:46 - Mar 6 with 991 viewsBuhrer

Not sure we've discussed enough.. on 16:15 - Mar 6 by stonojnr

Which is strange right ? Because fundamentally boxing as a sport is about two people stepping into a ring and hitting each other as hard as they can till submission or they run out of rounds.

It's a sport where people can get hurt seriously, so why doesn't it take itself seriously in the pre bout stuff ?. Instead of pretending it's some new form of WWE.

For me it was so obviously faked faux whatever you want to call it and I'm best part of 50metres away from the two people standing on the halfway line, I can't see the big screen, so it was meaningless whatever gestures or stuff they were doing.

I just hoped the sprinklers would turn on when Clarke wandered off to the North stand. That would have been entertaining

I noted Clarke wasn't too keen to go that near the North stand, that might have been more entertaining.

It's because it's two people with no animosity or reason are having to hurt each other for money, and a little faux story telling helps all parties get on with this and sells more tickets. I'm sure they're serious about fighting. It also unified the crowd, loud in song and that has to be good, but sprinklers or good use of sky fire box would have been great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024