Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy tackle 10:53 - Mar 6 with 2250 viewsGarv

Wasn't that bad was it?

Surprised Westlake went in so hard on him. It's not high by any stretch, Williams just went in with everything (fine on his part) and I think Morsy probably just nipped him as Williams' leg slid under Morsy's boot.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Morsy tackle on 10:56 - Mar 6 with 2217 viewsBlueOura

I didn't think so. Like you say it wasn't high and his studs were facing down, not sure what all the fuss was about to be honest. One things for sure if you want to go in for a 50/50 with Morsy, dont expect him to pull out.
Morsy tackle on 11:03 - Mar 6 with 2144 viewsxrayspecs

I am with Westy, I thought Sam left one on Williams
Morsy tackle on 11:06 - Mar 6 with 2130 viewsBseaBlue

Williams went in hard, with both legs committing to the tackle. If Sam doesn't go in strong there he is more than likely to walk away hurt, so well within his rights to do that in my opinion.

He might have left a bit on him, but in real time with how quickly it happened, I highly doubt there was much intent there.
Morsy tackle on 11:15 - Mar 6 with 2057 viewsGarv

Morsy tackle on 10:56 - Mar 6 by BlueOura

I didn't think so. Like you say it wasn't high and his studs were facing down, not sure what all the fuss was about to be honest. One things for sure if you want to go in for a 50/50 with Morsy, dont expect him to pull out.

Williams didn't like it, he celebrated their first goal in Morsy's face.

Shame.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Morsy tackle on 11:23 - Mar 6 with 2005 viewsBlueOura

Morsy tackle on 11:15 - Mar 6 by Garv

Shame.

And yet Morsy celebrated ours ( and at the end ) with his team mates. Probably shows why we are in the thick of the promtion race and they are nowhere near it. Mentality.
[Post edited 6 Mar 11:23]
Morsy tackle on 11:37 - Mar 6 with 1902 viewsSarge

Morsy tackle on 11:15 - Mar 6 by Garv

Shame.

Which is weird because they were presumably teammates at Wigan. Maybe Morsy crunched him a few too many times on the training ground.
Morsy tackle on 11:40 - Mar 6 with 1885 viewsSteve_M

It was a yellow I think, looked dreadful on the slow motion replay Sky showed about a million times. However Williams went into that challenge with rather a lot of force, it wasn't innocent on his side.

He then deliberately went through the back of Luongo a couple of minutes later which largely got ignored except for a free kick.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Morsy tackle on 12:21 - Mar 6 with 1711 viewsIllinoisblue

Morsy tackle on 11:40 - Mar 6 by Steve_M

It was a yellow I think, looked dreadful on the slow motion replay Sky showed about a million times. However Williams went into that challenge with rather a lot of force, it wasn't innocent on his side.

He then deliberately went through the back of Luongo a couple of minutes later which largely got ignored except for a free kick.

Let’s hope Andy Holt wasn’t watching

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy tackle on 12:27 - Mar 6 with 1673 viewsKropotkin123

Thought you were going to be talking about the foot to Morsy's face.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Morsy tackle on 12:30 - Mar 6 with 1639 views_clive_baker_

Morsy tackle on 11:06 - Mar 6 by BseaBlue

Williams went in hard, with both legs committing to the tackle. If Sam doesn't go in strong there he is more than likely to walk away hurt, so well within his rights to do that in my opinion.

He might have left a bit on him, but in real time with how quickly it happened, I highly doubt there was much intent there.

I get the impression there's maybe a bit of history there. They were teammates at Wigan.
Morsy tackle on 12:53 - Mar 6 with 1516 viewsButchersBrokenNose

I thought it was a full-blooded 50-50, and Williams got the worst of it. I thought the ref made the right call in the moment, but if we'd had VAR and they'd looked at it, Morsy probably gets a red. That's just the way the game is now, like it or not.
Morsy tackle on 13:45 - Mar 6 with 1339 viewsBloomBlue

It looked OK from my view, but my old Town mate who sits in the Cobbold lower said when the tackle happened his first thought was 'f'ck that's a red for Morsy'. So he was shocked and delighted it wasn't even yellow.

But he whatsapp'd me again this morning and is still convinced we got away with one there and it was a red
Morsy tackle on 13:53 - Mar 6 with 1250 viewsXatticus

Morsy tackle on 11:40 - Mar 6 by Steve_M

This.

It was Williams that made it a dangerous confrontation. He isn't playing the ball. He is trying to go through the player. He did the same thing when he chopped down Luongo. I don't know how he wasn't carded for that. The man is reckless and/or stupid.
Morsy tackle on 14:16 - Mar 6 with 1167 viewsrickw

I haven't seen a replay of it yet, to me it looked like Williams went in two footed and Morsy didn't try to jump over both legs letting his studs slide over Williams' leg

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Morsy tackle on 14:20 - Mar 6 with 1135 viewsVegtablue

My first thought was could their player be sent off here, but only saw it live.
Morsy tackle on 14:27 - Mar 6 with 1097 viewsGeoffSentence

Morsy tackle on 14:20 - Mar 6 by Vegtablue

My first thought was could their player be sent off here, but only saw it live.

I'm assuming it's the same challenge where I saw one of theirs lunge in two-footed. I thought the same, never crossed my mind that Morsy could be in trouble.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024