Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got in the door from Plymouth: Long old poke down there 21:45 - Mar 3 with 1354 viewsMullet

Atrocious weather yesterday, apparently we walked about 8 miles from the hotel to the pub, to the ground and back. I even got a blister for my trouble. But what a great weekend in a lovely part of the world. It's almost as good as being up North.

Saw loads of old faces from here and elsewhere. From the pub full of people, to a friendly hand landing on my shoulder as I got the urinal in the ground, the catch ups and introductions didn't stop. Seems like a real feelgood factor around even before kickoff.

I thought we were good value for the win. Plymouth were very delicate before, during and after, but I found in person they're a fanbase just like us. The internet nonsense and songs warp reality.

Without patronising, you can see why they're such a big deal in League One and survival this season would be massive for them. They could have a good few years building at this level if they get it right.

The carnage when big Keef walloped home his second was one of those season defining memories. Cuddles, punches, slight deafness. It had it all. Maybe it was being near the drum but around us was loud and the songs kept going. How did we sound?

The women's game today was a very different experience. Town won at a canter eventually, and had one of the worst penalty decisions I've ever seen not given.

My Huddersfield mate was at their game and reckons they were unlucky, things have massively improved as Moore was awful. He's like the rest of Yorkshire and determined Leeds fail it seems. Feels like clubs at all parts of the table are shifting a little as they eye the run in.

Gonna be fun this. Especially if we continue like gentlemen and keep finishing second.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just got in the door from Plymouth: Long old poke down there on 22:16 - Mar 3 with 1220 viewspointofblue

If Huddersfield have nothing to fight for and we need a win to overhaul Leeds on final day, I imagine they might be cheering any and every Ipswich goal.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just got in the door from Plymouth: Long old poke down there on 17:18 - Mar 4 with 611 viewsMullet

Just got in the door from Plymouth: Long old poke down there on 22:16 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

If Huddersfield have nothing to fight for and we need a win to overhaul Leeds on final day, I imagine they might be cheering any and every Ipswich goal.

They really hate Leeds (who doesn't?) so it's possible, but I think it might all be settled before the final day.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just got in the door from Plymouth: Long old poke down there on 18:18 - Mar 4 with 484 viewsVic

You were brilliant on the wireless.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024