Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow 09:56 - Mar 3 with 2297 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

On Chaplin looked nasty, anyone got a clip?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 10:02 - Mar 3 with 2254 viewsCaptainAhab

The Plymouth commentators saying it shouldn't have even been a foul were pretty funny
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 10:04 - Mar 3 with 2242 viewsDJR

I saw it on Town TV, including the replay, and didn't think it was that bad or deserved a red.
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 10:09 - Mar 3 with 2200 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 10:04 - Mar 3 by DJR

I saw it on Town TV, including the replay, and didn't think it was that bad or deserved a red.

Two footed, feet off the floor, studs showing. According to the current implementation of the rules that is a straight red.
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 10:43 - Mar 3 with 2070 viewsmarvellous

The defender took a loose touch and, in his desperation not to lose possession, lunged in. He might have put a little on Chaplin but it looked as though he sold the foul and the ref bought it - great job! Yes, it was two footed and, yes, studs were showing but it didn't look particularly dangerous or nasty.

Never a red.
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 11:48 - Mar 3 with 1917 viewsMattinLondon

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 10:43 - Mar 3 by marvellous

The defender took a loose touch and, in his desperation not to lose possession, lunged in. He might have put a little on Chaplin but it looked as though he sold the foul and the ref bought it - great job! Yes, it was two footed and, yes, studs were showing but it didn't look particularly dangerous or nasty.

Never a red.

So it was a desperate two footed lunge tackle with studs showing?
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 11:53 - Mar 3 with 1894 viewsmarvellous

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 11:48 - Mar 3 by MattinLondon

Yes
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 11:56 - Mar 3 with 1881 viewsReusersTown

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 11:48 - Mar 3 by MattinLondon

Tbf on town TV it didn't look like a foul until a few replays. Initial thought was that it was another rick by the ref. But seing the replays it was definitely a 2 footer. Would love to see the Plymouth besides themselves with denial whilst wiping away the Morsy induced froth from their mouths.
[Post edited 3 Mar 12:04]
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 12:01 - Mar 3 with 1862 viewsmarchy

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 11:53 - Mar 3 by marvellous

Yes

Login to get fewer ads

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 12:31 - Mar 3 with 1728 viewsmarvellous

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 12:01 - Mar 3 by marchy

Matt's response was a brief summary of what I wrote, and was correct. Although a brief summary also makes the incident sound much worse than it actually was.

My post put a little more meat on the bone as to why I didn't think it was a red card offense.
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 12:39 - Mar 3 with 1691 viewscatch74

Think Rishi should make another statement about it, as a bare minimum.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 12:46 - Mar 3 with 1673 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 12:31 - Mar 3 by marvellous

Matt's response was a brief summary of what I wrote, and was correct. Although a brief summary also makes the incident sound much worse than it actually was.

My post put a little more meat on the bone as to why I didn't think it was a red card offense.

You agreed it was a two footed lunge tackle with studs showing.
A two footed lunge tackle with studs showing is an instant red.
It's the rules.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 13:22 - Mar 3 with 1570 viewsUSA

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 12:46 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

You agreed it was a two footed lunge tackle with studs showing.
A two footed lunge tackle with studs showing is an instant red.
It's the rules.

Since when did the rules stop referees putting their own interpretation on things. Give marvellous a break, he’s offering a detailed view on it. And a fair one.
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 13:35 - Mar 3 with 1515 viewsmarchy

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 13:22 - Mar 3 by USA

Since when did the rules stop referees putting their own interpretation on things. Give marvellous a break, he’s offering a detailed view on it. And a fair one.

Well yes, a detailed view fairly offered, but referees putting their own interpretation on the laws of the game is exactly why the state of refereeing is such a shambles.
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 13:36 - Mar 3 with 1509 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 13:22 - Mar 3 by USA

The refs can't make up their own rules!

A two-footed, studs showing lung at another player is a red, end of story.

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 13:47 - Mar 3 with 1470 viewsVegtablue

Thought he plonked himself down as much as lunged in and from a pretty stationary start, so light on force and danger. Remove the embarrassing contributions of some other supporters on a different forum and I'd like to think this wouldn't be raised on ours. 😅

Equally, studs and two legs were involved, so very much the worst tackle of the day. With a different supporter's hat on it likely was a deliberate attempt to end Chaplin's career..
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 13:54 - Mar 3 with 1453 viewsVegtablue

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 13:36 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think it was a sliding tackle and I'm not sure his feet were even together, but maybe in the strict sense of the law he should have gone (haven't read them recently lol). What a pitiful red though! I'd have been seething if the boots and feet were swapped around.
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 14:12 - Mar 3 with 1362 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 13:36 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Law 12 does have this (I suspect other Laws have similar phrases but haven't checked them all):

"A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
tackles or challenges
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.
Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
...."

In common with all such Laws these things are open to interpretation. So referees don't make up their own Laws, they interpret the same Laws differently.

Such was ever the case.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 14:13 - Mar 3 with 1355 viewsChurchman

Seen it on TownTV. Yellow for me. I could see why some refs might have fished out a red but nah, not for me. As an aside, Galloway was awful for them and I was surprised they kept him on as long as they did.

Overall, we totally controlled it second half bar the one good effort from their wide player. I thought we were neat, tidy and dangerous without being spectacular.

Plymouth? Not as good as they were at PR or last season.
Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 15:06 - Mar 3 with 1253 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 13:54 - Mar 3 by Vegtablue

I don't think it was a sliding tackle and I'm not sure his feet were even together, but maybe in the strict sense of the law he should have gone (haven't read them recently lol). What a pitiful red though! I'd have been seething if the boots and feet were swapped around.

I was talking about the rules more generally than the actual tackle!

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 15:30 - Mar 3 with 1189 viewspointofblue

I'm amazed Galloway was on his feet long enough to make a challenge, considering he went over every time he was breathed on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 22:12 - Mar 3 with 914 viewsallezlesbleus

Galloway 2 footed only a yellow on 15:30 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

I'm amazed Galloway was on his feet long enough to make a challenge, considering he went over every time he was breathed on.

Exactly. Totally peed me off how he appeared to be poleaxed everytime anyone went anywhere near him. Poor Hutchinson couldn't believe a foul was given against on several occasions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024