Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grit and guile 17:46 - Mar 2 with 1766 viewsjasondozzell

We've played superb football all season but the other thing McKenna has has instilled in this squad since the beginning is hard work, tenacity and a positive approach.

Today's the sort of win that makes me think we could really do it.

We struggled to get things going a bit, Plymouth pressed well, but we fight and compete and keep trying to do the right thing no matter what. In the end that's what earned us the goals.

I thought there were some really excellent performances from Tuanzebe again, Woolf and Burg.

All epitomised by Harness. What a disciplined and committed job he did to help control and close out game.

Moore's goal was brilliant.

Mckenna's coaching and the good habits we have make us so resilient.

8 hour coach journey back now going to fly by!
[Post edited 2 Mar 17:48]
Grit and guile on 17:50 - Mar 2 with 1698 viewsSawtrich

Yep, it wasn't always pretty but we gradually took control and dug out a deserved victory on the road. Got to love this team.
Grit and guile on 18:11 - Mar 2 with 1630 viewsIllinoisblue

8 hours on the coach? Facking hell!!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Grit and guile on 18:13 - Mar 2 with 1613 viewsjasondozzell

Grit and guile on 18:11 - Mar 2 by Illinoisblue

8 hours on the coach? Facking hell!!

I know... Worth it though after today!!!
Grit and guile on 22:46 - Mar 2 with 1391 viewsBluespeed225

on radio it sounded like an even first half, but from about 60 onwards we sounded like we were in the ascendency, turning the screw, eventually getting the rewards. Tuesday is another big one, hope we don't have another Rotherham after a similar distance trip on a heavy pitch. These boys seem to learn from mistakes very quickly though. The flat spell over new Year, Maidstone, seem like a long while ago now! Brilliant.
Grit and guile on 22:51 - Mar 2 with 1365 viewsredrickstuhaart

Grit and guile on 22:46 - Mar 2 by Bluespeed225

on radio it sounded like an even first half, but from about 60 onwards we sounded like we were in the ascendency, turning the screw, eventually getting the rewards. Tuesday is another big one, hope we don't have another Rotherham after a similar distance trip on a heavy pitch. These boys seem to learn from mistakes very quickly though. The flat spell over new Year, Maidstone, seem like a long while ago now! Brilliant.

I think they largely nullified us for much of the game. Not a huge number of chances at any stage.
Travis was a downgrade on Luongo. Has not yet got the hang of the tight balls from defence with his back to the opposition. Bit of luck and a bit of quality got us the goals. Never looked like conceding though. Pretty dull game for the most part.
Grit and guile on 22:59 - Mar 2 with 1327 viewsbournemouthblue

Grit and guile on 22:46 - Mar 2 by Bluespeed225

It was even on account of us blowing a lot of good chances to slot someone in

We missed so many passes, it was unbelievable but we kept grinding away and wore them down

Plymouth look a poorer side than they were under Schumacher, it Whittaker isn't getting chances, they are severely nullified

Miller looks exciting but a bit headless and lacks composure where it matters, what on earth has happened to Bali Mumba, I thought he was the golden boy for them?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Grit and guile on 04:41 - Mar 3 with 1163 viewsBluespeed225

Grit and guile on 22:51 - Mar 2 by redrickstuhaart

I think they largely nullified us for much of the game. Not a huge number of chances at any stage.
Travis was a downgrade on Luongo. Has not yet got the hang of the tight balls from defence with his back to the opposition. Bit of luck and a bit of quality got us the goals. Never looked like conceding though. Pretty dull game for the most part.

And I read they flew down and back, so no 6 hour + coach trip to get tired and tight on! Maybe it's because I'm on a night shift and have been watching any clips I can on YT and reading TWTD, but I feel very optimistic at 4.40am!
Grit and guile on 07:14 - Mar 3 with 1032 viewspennblue

Loved the Harness song being sung a couple of times - sends such a strong message to the player

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

Grit and guile on 07:39 - Mar 3 with 975 viewsUSA

Grit and guile on 22:51 - Mar 2 by redrickstuhaart

I disagree on Travis. I think he’s been excellent as a Luongo fill in. The Town TV commentators made that point about receiving the ball from the keeper too but on that occasion it was a hospital ball from Hladky.

On the whole I feel he is really growing into the team.
Grit and guile on 08:03 - Mar 3 with 930 viewspennblue

Grit and guile on 07:39 - Mar 3 by USA

I disagree on Travis. I think he’s been excellent as a Luongo fill in. The Town TV commentators made that point about receiving the ball from the keeper too but on that occasion it was a hospital ball from Hladky.

On the whole I feel he is really growing into the team.

Travis was well up for it yesterday, I think he is a talented player, and will benefit from having people like Morsy and Chappers around him, and just watching how these guys conduct themselves.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Grit and guile on 12:59 - Mar 3 with 775 viewsSharkey

Grit and guile on 08:03 - Mar 3 by pennblue

Travis was well up for it yesterday, I think he is a talented player, and will benefit from having people like Morsy and Chappers around him, and just watching how these guys conduct themselves.

You make him sound wet behind the ears, but he's played 200+ Championship games and was captain of Blackburn last season.
Grit and guile on 14:57 - Mar 3 with 662 viewsredrickstuhaart

Grit and guile on 08:03 - Mar 3 by pennblue

I thought he was pretty average. Lots of missed passes, and got himself in trouble several times taking the ball in the classic Morsy position and not being ready for a man behind him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024