Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assuming injury situation remains the same 13:23 - Mar 3 with 1627 viewsIllinoisblue

Do we think Harness starts on Tuesday? Played very well in his 20 mins yesterday.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 13:51 - Mar 3 with 1500 viewsHerbivore

Probably. I think Sarmiento has looked better coming off the bench and Harness has looked sharp lately so probably deserves a start. Think Clarke will come back in for Tuanzebe as not sure Axel can do three games in a week and we might want him back in at Cardiff. Luongo for Travis if he's fit as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 13:51 - Mar 3 with 1505 viewssmithy69

I think Mass comes in for Travis, Clarke comes in for Axel to give him a rest, and possibly, just possibly Al-Hamadi for Moore (I think this is less likely)
Assuming injury situation remains the same on 13:57 - Mar 3 with 1471 viewsDarkBrandon

Do we ever rest Morsy?

He’s the heartbeat of our side and so critical … but a suspension or an injury would be catastrophic.
Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:03 - Mar 3 with 1433 viewsVegtablue

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 13:51 - Mar 3 by smithy69

I think Mass comes in for Travis, Clarke comes in for Axel to give him a rest, and possibly, just possibly Al-Hamadi for Moore (I think this is less likely)

Travis' silly two-ball antics have placed him within one yellow of a two-match ban I think (assuming his yellow cards at Blackburn carry over). He has two matches to negotiate before the limit is raised to 15 yellows.

Luongo is two yellows away and otherwise we're okay.
[Post edited 3 Mar 14:05]
Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:11 - Mar 3 with 1373 viewsSitfcB

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:03 - Mar 3 by Vegtablue

Travis' silly two-ball antics have placed him within one yellow of a two-match ban I think (assuming his yellow cards at Blackburn carry over). He has two matches to negotiate before the limit is raised to 15 yellows.

Luongo is two yellows away and otherwise we're okay.
[Post edited 3 Mar 14:05]

They have 2 games to get through and then there’s no ban for 10 yellows.
[Post edited 3 Mar 14:23]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:13 - Mar 3 with 1367 viewsBent_double

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 13:57 - Mar 3 by DarkBrandon

Do we ever rest Morsy?

He’s the heartbeat of our side and so critical … but a suspension or an injury would be catastrophic.

Just trying to work out the situation re Morsy:

He's on 12 yellows, but only 2 in the last 7 games.

There's no cut-off for reaching 15, well, other than the end of the regular season, so he needs to carry on in that vein for the next 11 games.

Imagine if he gets his 15 in the last game of the season, and we're in the POs...I assume he would be suspended for all the games

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:15 - Mar 3 with 1359 viewsVegtablue

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:11 - Mar 3 by SitfcB

They have 2 games to get through and then there’s no ban for 10 yellows.
[Post edited 3 Mar 14:23]

Oh I thought it was lifted after gameweek 37. That becomes a bit more dangerous then.
Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:20 - Mar 3 with 1324 viewsBent_double

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:15 - Mar 3 by Vegtablue

Oh I thought it was lifted after gameweek 37. That becomes a bit more dangerous then.

It was last season in L1 wasn't it, but this is from google:

A player will be banned for three matches if they pick up 15 yellow cards over 46 matches, the regular season prior to the play-off games. A player who picks up 20 yellow cards up to and including the last day will have a punishment determined by a regulatory commission.29 Nov 2023

Hopefully it's wrong, and there is a cut-off on 37, which would make him safe already.

Login to get fewer ads

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:24 - Mar 3 with 1299 viewsSitfcB

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:15 - Mar 3 by Vegtablue

Apologies, it is 37, I did initially write 2 games as well but second guessed myself.

Edited.

COYB

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:25 - Mar 3 with 1286 viewsSitfcB

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:20 - Mar 3 by Bent_double

A player will be banned for three matches if they pick up 15 yellow cards over 46 matches, the regular season prior to the play-off games. A player who picks up 20 yellow cards up to and including the last day will have a punishment determined by a regulatory commission.29 Nov 2023

Hopefully it's wrong, and there is a cut-off on 37, which would make him safe already.

COYB

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:28 - Mar 3 with 1271 viewsVegtablue

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:20 - Mar 3 by Bent_double

Happy to confirm it is 2 games as far as Travis and Luongo are concerned. Morsy walks his tightrope until the final whistle of the normal season though, for sure.

There's a Useful Resources pdf midway down the page in the below link.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/player-essentials

Edit: Sitters has provided a much more helpful image of what I was reading, so wouldn't bother clicking on my link lol.
[Post edited 3 Mar 14:30]
Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:34 - Mar 3 with 1214 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 13:57 - Mar 3 by DarkBrandon

Do we ever rest Morsy?

Unless there is something to suggest hes in the 'red zone', resting him just in case he gets injured or suspended seems to make no sense.

Missing a game.... in case he might miss a game?!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:42 - Mar 3 with 1175 viewsBent_double

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:34 - Mar 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Unless there is something to suggest hes in the 'red zone', resting him just in case he gets injured or suspended seems to make no sense.

He will miss 3 games if he gets 3 more yellows

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:53 - Mar 3 with 1117 viewsVegtablue

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:34 - Mar 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

If we enjoyed a comfortable advantage over some teams, irrespective of Morsy's involvement, then it would make good sense to me, but that isn't what the Championship is about.

If he enters GW 44, 45 or 46 on 14 yellows, however, we potentially have a headache on our hands.
Assuming injury situation remains the same on 15:00 - Mar 3 with 1091 viewsBent_double

Assuming injury situation remains the same on 14:53 - Mar 3 by Vegtablue

If we enjoyed a comfortable advantage over some teams, irrespective of Morsy's involvement, then it would make good sense to me, but that isn't what the Championship is about.

If he enters GW 44, 45 or 46 on 14 yellows, however, we potentially have a headache on our hands.

I'm trying to rationalise how important he is to us - and he is, obviously....but of the 4 games he's missed this season through suspension, its W1 D3 L0, so maybe we shouldn't panic too much?

However, would not want to see him suspended for the POs, if we end up in them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024