Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A win tomorrow 10:27 - Mar 1 with 1518 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

would be a real statement going to Plymouth without Burns and Broadhead (plus a not fully fit Chaplin) and picking up 3 points.

Easier said than done, not many tougher grounds to visit and take 3 points in this league but I think it'll make the other 3 teams around us sit up and take note if we do.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

A win tomorrow on 10:30 - Mar 1 with 1486 viewsDarkBrandon

It would be a very good result … but all the top 4 are consistently producing very good results.

There really isn’t much unique about this fixture … other than it is the next one.
A win tomorrow on 10:44 - Mar 1 with 1433 views_clive_baker_

I'm not too fussed about statements, I don't care how we're viewed by other sides and if they don't take us seriously now they probably never will, and that's not a bad thing. The 3 points would be hugely valuable though.

You're right its a tough one, probably tougher than it looks on paper given their league position. Much like last season it's their home form that's won them a lot of points. Only lost 5 of 17 at home, whereas only 2 wins have come away. They average 1.65ppg at home vs. 0.7 away.

Last season I thought we were good for a point there but lost. At PR we drew, which on balance despite their late goal was a fair result, they really should've been 1-0 up before we took the lead. At PR this season we deservedly won IMO and actually thought the score flattered them a little.

I think we're a better side, the league table suggests that's the case, but it's a tough game at their place. Would be a fantastic result if we bring 3 points home.
A win tomorrow on 10:50 - Mar 1 with 1417 viewsSomethingBlue

A win tomorrow on 10:44 - Mar 1 by _clive_baker_

I'm not too fussed about statements, I don't care how we're viewed by other sides and if they don't take us seriously now they probably never will, and that's not a bad thing. The 3 points would be hugely valuable though.

You're right its a tough one, probably tougher than it looks on paper given their league position. Much like last season it's their home form that's won them a lot of points. Only lost 5 of 17 at home, whereas only 2 wins have come away. They average 1.65ppg at home vs. 0.7 away.

Last season I thought we were good for a point there but lost. At PR we drew, which on balance despite their late goal was a fair result, they really should've been 1-0 up before we took the lead. At PR this season we deservedly won IMO and actually thought the score flattered them a little.

I think we're a better side, the league table suggests that's the case, but it's a tough game at their place. Would be a fantastic result if we bring 3 points home.

Proper banana skin tomorrow, we've got into a really nice rhythm of being able to make subs that massively move the dial and now we're denied that luxury for at least a couple of games (although perhaps we forget Harness, who has faded from view in recent weeks, generally did a really good job deputising earlier in the season). Be good to score first tomorrow and frustrate them from there. I'm expecting a tricky afternoon and a win would indeed be huge.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

A win tomorrow on 10:55 - Mar 1 with 1384 views_clive_baker_

A win tomorrow on 10:50 - Mar 1 by SomethingBlue

Proper banana skin tomorrow, we've got into a really nice rhythm of being able to make subs that massively move the dial and now we're denied that luxury for at least a couple of games (although perhaps we forget Harness, who has faded from view in recent weeks, generally did a really good job deputising earlier in the season). Be good to score first tomorrow and frustrate them from there. I'm expecting a tricky afternoon and a win would indeed be huge.

Fear not, we'll have a lovely little 3-0 lead after an hour thanks in part to Moore's massive bonce, that will allow us to bring on Al-Hamadi, Harness, and Jackson. They can then have their inevitable 97th thunder b@stard from Whittaker for a consolation, and we come home happy.
A win tomorrow on 10:55 - Mar 1 with 1385 viewsDubtractor

A win tomorrow on 10:50 - Mar 1 by SomethingBlue

I think their change of manager mixes things up a bit. Schumacher seemed to have worked out how to set up against us, and under Foster they don't look quite as strong at home so far.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A win tomorrow on 10:56 - Mar 1 with 1376 viewsBasuco

Not really, it is just another tough game in a tough league, win, draw or lose it is just another game and another part of our fantastic journey under KMc. I am really looking forward to it as it has been a while since I last went to home park.
A win tomorrow on 10:57 - Mar 1 with 1373 viewsbilllm

Draw at best not a happy hunting ground,
They don't like us much.
Seem jealous
We definitely need to score first tomorrow
Keep Whittaker quiet we have a chance,
A win tomorrow on 11:02 - Mar 1 with 1351 viewsBasuco

A win tomorrow on 10:55 - Mar 1 by Dubtractor

I think their change of manager mixes things up a bit. Schumacher seemed to have worked out how to set up against us, and under Foster they don't look quite as strong at home so far.

Sit deep, low block, hit on the break with pace seems to be their game plan now, under Schumacher they played some lovely football, were constantly making tweaks / changes to set-up, especially in the later stages, if the unthinkable of KMc leaving happens, SS would be high on my list of replacements. Hopefully that will not be for a good few years.
Login to get fewer ads

A win tomorrow on 11:46 - Mar 1 with 1190 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

A win tomorrow on 10:30 - Mar 1 by DarkBrandon

It would be a very good result … but all the top 4 are consistently producing very good results.

There really isn’t much unique about this fixture … other than it is the next one.

It's not so much about the fact we are playing Plymouth as you're right, there isn't much unique about the fixture at all and it is just another game.

For me, it's going into a game without 2 of our better players and potentially without our top goal scorer too and that would be our first choice attacking midfielders out of the game before a ball is kicked.

We don't have the strength in depth that Leicester, Leeds and Southampton have. Going to Plymouth and winning without Broadhead, Chaplin and Burns really would be a statement. I don't think anyone could hand on heart say they expect us to go into any game in this division and win without those 3 playing.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

A win tomorrow on 11:53 - Mar 1 with 1156 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Chaplin sounds like he can start. Harness on the left, Jackson on the right. Then we can bring on Magic, Ali and Omarii as game changers. Simples.

Poll: would you rather

A win tomorrow on 12:15 - Mar 1 with 1047 viewsSaleAway

A win tomorrow on 11:53 - Mar 1 by LegendofthePhoenix

Chaplin sounds like he can start. Harness on the left, Jackson on the right. Then we can bring on Magic, Ali and Omarii as game changers. Simples.

Omari starts before Jackson for me...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

A win tomorrow on 13:29 - Mar 1 with 903 views_clive_baker_

A win tomorrow on 12:15 - Mar 1 by SaleAway

Omari starts before Jackson for me...

100%.

If it's the usual 60 - 70 minutes starters and 20 - 30 minutes finishers you want your best players on for the 60 - 70 minutes.

Hladky
Clarke Woolf Burgess Davis
Morsy Luongo
Omari Chaplin Sarmiento
Moore
A win tomorrow on 14:54 - Mar 1 with 774 viewsTresBonne

Just thought. Remember when Walton went up for the corner, last kick of the game there last season and crashed a header off the bar?!

The scenes if that went in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024