Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue 13:56 - Feb 29 with 3816 viewsElderGrizzly

Latest financial results for Liverpool, show why TV continues to take priority over those coming through the turnstiles.

TV revenue - £242m
Gate revenue - £80m

So when we ask why are games moved for TV without consideration for fans and little pushback from clubs? That’s why.

If/when go up we have all this joy to come. Saturday at 3pm? Nah..🙄
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:02 - Mar 2 with 394 viewsbluefunk

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 18:27 - Feb 29 by Radlett_blue

I doubt it. The final day of the Championship has been set for 4th May, with all games kicking off at 3pm.

It seems highly unlikely that will be the day and time they all kick off , as none would be able to be televised, due to the 3-5pm blackout. Sky won’t miss the opportunity to televise crucial games, so expect either 12.30 or 5.30 games on the Saturday or a switch to Sunday
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:04 - Mar 2 with 389 viewsRadlett_blue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 12:55 - Mar 2 by Vegtablue

It really won't be a 3pm Saturday KO unless the broadcasting rule is changed before this date. Previous posters are correct in saying that. I'm not sure how many years one would need to travel back in order to find final day games on a Saturday at 3pm. I wish it weren't so!

Interestingly, there is a full programme of PL fixtures on 4th May. The last day of the PL season is Sunday 19th May & I'm sure all the games will kick off at 3pm. So maybe the last day of the Championship does get moved to Sunday? If so, as some posters have suggested, why on earth hasn't this already been announced?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:21 - Mar 2 with 369 viewsVegtablue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:04 - Mar 2 by Radlett_blue

Interestingly, there is a full programme of PL fixtures on 4th May. The last day of the PL season is Sunday 19th May & I'm sure all the games will kick off at 3pm. So maybe the last day of the Championship does get moved to Sunday? If so, as some posters have suggested, why on earth hasn't this already been announced?

Sunday 3pm is no problem, just that pesky blanket ban for Sat (although PL finale looks pencilled in for 4pm, which is a more common Sunday game time and so may stay as that). I've quickly travelled back as far as 2018 and lunchtime is the norm (Saturday lunchtime I think but only checked times). My guess is they like to delay in case they wish to react to rival TV events. It shouldn't be 3pm Sunday because it's a normal PL weekend, and that would interfere with the 2pm / 4:30 slots. We are the inferior product lol.

*Oops edited, won't be 3pm Sunday I meant to say
[Post edited 2 Mar 13:24]
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:28 - Mar 2 with 353 viewsbournemouthblue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 07:49 - Mar 1 by SitfcB

As it always is.

But it always changes.

Could still be the Saturday but 12:30 or 17:30, could be the Sunday, or even the Monday, but it 100% won’t be 3pm on Saturday.

That's not the case on the final day, it's deliberately set all at the same time to avoid fixing

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:29 - Mar 2 with 352 viewsbournemouthblue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 17:35 - Feb 29 by Vegtablue

We receive £5M-ish from the PL, £3M-ish from the EFL and £10-100K-ish per Sky game.

As I have said on the thread, the money you get in the Championship isn't quite so profitable

Obviously a club isn't going to turn £100k down and I can't imagine it effects crowds enough to say no to it

It's nothing like the advantage you get in the Prem though

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:59 - Mar 2 with 327 viewsVegtablue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:29 - Mar 2 by bournemouthblue

As I have said on the thread, the money you get in the Championship isn't quite so profitable

Obviously a club isn't going to turn £100k down and I can't imagine it effects crowds enough to say no to it

It's nothing like the advantage you get in the Prem though

I don't imagine we have a choice in the matter when Sky comes knocking tbh. 😅

We're operating on different planets when it comes to TV money, no doubt! Minor insignificant point only, but I don't honestly know if the per-game money is much different in the PL. The whopping great sums clubs receive are courtesy of the broadcasting deals agreed some way in advance of any given season (most of it shared equally, some of it divided up on "merit" I believe, i.e. perceived or measured contribution to the quality of the "product" by club). They may be receiving 7 figures for live matches but it wouldn't surprise me if it's closer to token "compensation" or "reward" for their "troubles" or "hosting".
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 14:12 - Mar 2 with 310 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:28 - Mar 2 by bournemouthblue

That's not the case on the final day, it's deliberately set all at the same time to avoid fixing

He's not saying they will be different kick off times to each other. He is saying they will all move en bloc to one of those times. They will not stay at 3pm on Saturday because none will be televised if they do. I guess the only way they do stay like that is if all issues of promotion, relegation, the title and the play offs are decided in advance of making a decision - and there is no way they will be.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 14:17 - Mar 2 with 298 viewsbournemouthblue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:59 - Mar 2 by Vegtablue

We're operating on different planets when it comes to TV money, no doubt! Minor insignificant point only, but I don't honestly know if the per-game money is much different in the PL. The whopping great sums clubs receive are courtesy of the broadcasting deals agreed some way in advance of any given season (most of it shared equally, some of it divided up on "merit" I believe, i.e. perceived or measured contribution to the quality of the "product" by club). They may be receiving 7 figures for live matches but it wouldn't surprise me if it's closer to token "compensation" or "reward" for their "troubles" or "hosting".

It's almost meant there's little point investing in stadium size at a time we exactly did the opposite of that and built the North and South Stands

The likes of Watford, Pompey, Fulham, Palace, Burnley and Bournemouth off the top of my head, have barely bothered with expansion at all

I think the FFP rules do now mean infrastructure isn't put down as a running cost and therefore is off the books so to speak? Therefore stadium expansion now is one way to up income in the long run, I assume that's why the likes of Liverpool, Everyone City, Spurs, West Ham etc have actually been looking to expand again

Login to get fewer ads

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 14:20 - Mar 2 with 292 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 14:17 - Mar 2 by bournemouthblue

It's almost meant there's little point investing in stadium size at a time we exactly did the opposite of that and built the North and South Stands

The likes of Watford, Pompey, Fulham, Palace, Burnley and Bournemouth off the top of my head, have barely bothered with expansion at all

I think the FFP rules do now mean infrastructure isn't put down as a running cost and therefore is off the books so to speak? Therefore stadium expansion now is one way to up income in the long run, I assume that's why the likes of Liverpool, Everyone City, Spurs, West Ham etc have actually been looking to expand again

Man Utd think it should be a taxpayer expense don't they?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 14:37 - Mar 2 with 271 viewsRadlett_blue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:59 - Mar 2 by Vegtablue

50% of the PL TV revenue is split equally, 25% allocated by final league position & 25% is per televised appearance. Obviously this means that the big clubs get more of the money. So Man City might get close to £150m & Luton £90m or so.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024