Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... 13:15 - Feb 28 with 4632 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....with reference to Jews than Rachel Riley and her chums might have had a point!
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/28/more-than-half-of-tory-members-

Imagine getting that much attention from the media for a handful of cases when this has been going on for decades.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 13:27 - Feb 28 with 2517 viewsSteve_M

That the Tories are a fetid swamp of a party doesn't mean that Labour under Corbyn didn't also have a large problem with antisemitism.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 13:35 - Feb 28 with 2462 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

They (Tories) are just saying it aloud now…

Good to see anti racist organisations speaking out:-

https://hopenothate.org.uk/2024/02/28/press-release-polling-conservative-party-m
If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 13:36 - Feb 28 with 2432 viewsjaykay

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 13:27 - Feb 28 by Steve_M

That the Tories are a fetid swamp of a party doesn't mean that Labour under Corbyn didn't also have a large problem with antisemitism.

i don't think banksy said there was not a problem with corby. just saying some in the media aren't vocal as they were with corbyn

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 13:39 - Feb 28 with 2445 viewsJ2BLUE

Your mask slips more as time goes on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 13:40 - Feb 28 with 2432 viewsleitrimblue

So over 50% of the Conservative party members have a problem with Travellers. Over 40% have a problem with immigrants and Muslims.

I'm not sure this is news though, as apparently some people on here have definitely definitely definitely been continually highlighting the Conservative party's issues with racism and bigotry for years. It's all they ever talk about
If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:07 - Feb 28 with 2372 viewsleitrimblue

Apparently pointing out the dangerous racist views of Conservative party members is an indication of your mask slipping to some...
# Be kind
If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:14 - Feb 28 with 2346 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 13:39 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

Your mask slips more as time goes on.

Do expand, I'm sure you don't want to leave space for ambiguity.
But Bloots liked it so that must please you.

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:24 - Feb 28 with 2323 viewsgiant_stow

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:07 - Feb 28 by leitrimblue

Apparently pointing out the dangerous racist views of Conservative party members is an indication of your mask slipping to some...
# Be kind

For whats its worth boss, its not new that the Tory party is racist - they're just tiring of hiding it now.

Labour on the other hand should always be better than that. They're rightly held to higher standards as equality and fair treatment for all is part of the party's make up. That's why I and others so got the hump with the whole affair.

So yes, there may have been less anti-Semites in the labour party, than islamophobes in the tory party, but it was bang on to kick off over those that were there. The implication from Bankster's post is that it wasn't... that it was just a piffling issue - thats why he got my downvote in any case (I'm sure he's devastated ).

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:24 - Feb 28 with 2318 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 13:40 - Feb 28 by leitrimblue

So over 50% of the Conservative party members have a problem with Travellers. Over 40% have a problem with immigrants and Muslims.

I'm not sure this is news though, as apparently some people on here have definitely definitely definitely been continually highlighting the Conservative party's issues with racism and bigotry for years. It's all they ever talk about

To be fair to GB I believe he is sincere in his antiracist sentiments. The bit I can't square is how he failed to notice the company he was in politically from 1980 whatever.

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:33 - Feb 28 with 2271 viewsGlasgowBlue

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:24 - Feb 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

To be fair to GB I believe he is sincere in his antiracist sentiments. The bit I can't square is how he failed to notice the company he was in politically from 1980 whatever.

Ah right. The thread was about me all along. You should have said right from the start.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:38 - Feb 28 with 2249 viewsJ2BLUE

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:14 - Feb 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Do expand, I'm sure you don't want to leave space for ambiguity.
But Bloots liked it so that must please you.

I just don't understand why you seem to constantly try and make out anti-Semitism isn't a big deal. You could have highlighted this without even mentioning anti-Semitism. Instead you took the opportunity to minimalise it just like when you questioned the stats of the increase in hate crimes against Jewish people.

Why can't we just agree that there is no place in politics for anti-Semitism or Islamophobia? It's a sad reflection on our two main parties that you know which party the person is going to be connected to whenever there is an incident.

Both of these issues need to be stamped out. The Tories are thankfully heading for a massive defeat and stirring up hatred is their last roll of the dice.
[Post edited 28 Feb 14:42]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:38 - Feb 28 with 2247 viewsleitrimblue

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:24 - Feb 28 by giant_stow

For whats its worth boss, its not new that the Tory party is racist - they're just tiring of hiding it now.

Labour on the other hand should always be better than that. They're rightly held to higher standards as equality and fair treatment for all is part of the party's make up. That's why I and others so got the hump with the whole affair.

So yes, there may have been less anti-Semites in the labour party, than islamophobes in the tory party, but it was bang on to kick off over those that were there. The implication from Bankster's post is that it wasn't... that it was just a piffling issue - thats why he got my downvote in any case (I'm sure he's devastated ).

The racism issues in both parties are equally alarming.

Your right that it's always been there, interesting enough that they have tired of hiding it at this moment.

Luckily I have no links or loyalty to any UK party.

To me though what is just as alarming is downvoting a post that contains a link to the worrying fact that over 50% of Conservative Party Members have a problem with Travellers and over 40% have an issue with Muslims and immigrants.

I'm 100% sure you have not downvoted it out of any deliberate badness as such and have gone to great lengths to explain your reasoning. But I personally don't think it's a good look (especially if someone doesn't see your sensible explanation)
If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:39 - Feb 28 with 2247 viewsmonkeymagic

Given who the respondents were, I am genuinely surprised at how ‘low’ the numbers are. Of more concern is whether these views are shared by floating voters : if they are, and this type of prejudice can be a vote winner, talk of a Labour landslide might be premature.
If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:46 - Feb 28 with 2188 viewsRyorry

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:39 - Feb 28 by monkeymagic

Given who the respondents were, I am genuinely surprised at how ‘low’ the numbers are. Of more concern is whether these views are shared by floating voters : if they are, and this type of prejudice can be a vote winner, talk of a Labour landslide might be premature.

It's premature anyway.

Apathy, complacence, photo ID & a far smaller election £kitty than the tories are all worrying reasons for not taking anything for granted.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:47 - Feb 28 with 2174 viewsGlasgowBlue

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:38 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

I just don't understand why you seem to constantly try and make out anti-Semitism isn't a big deal. You could have highlighted this without even mentioning anti-Semitism. Instead you took the opportunity to minimalise it just like when you questioned the stats of the increase in hate crimes against Jewish people.

Why can't we just agree that there is no place in politics for anti-Semitism or Islamophobia? It's a sad reflection on our two main parties that you know which party the person is going to be connected to whenever there is an incident.

Both of these issues need to be stamped out. The Tories are thankfully heading for a massive defeat and stirring up hatred is their last roll of the dice.
[Post edited 28 Feb 14:42]

And why reference Rachel Riley, a Jewish woman who has been on the receiving end of endless online anti semitic abuse for speaking up against anti Jewish racism? Even worse, "Rachel Riley and her chums", chums being other Jews.

Not much different to the language used by Lee Anderson when referencing Sadiq Khan and his "mates".

So Banksy starts a thread to prove that right wing Islamophobia is far worse than left wing anti semitism, and in his attempt to do so he uses the sort of phrases that comes from the Islamophobic right. You really couldn't make it up.

Iron Lion Zion

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:55 - Feb 28 with 2136 viewsRyorry

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:38 - Feb 28 by leitrimblue

Your right that it's always been there, interesting enough that they have tired of hiding it at this moment.

To me though what is just as alarming is downvoting a post that contains a link to the worrying fact that over 50% of Conservative Party Members have a problem with Travellers and over 40% have an issue with Muslims and immigrants.

I'm 100% sure you have not downvoted it out of any deliberate badness as such and have gone to great lengths to explain your reasoning. But I personally don't think it's a good look (especially if someone doesn't see your sensible explanation)

I might be wrong, but thought the downvoting of the OP was probably more for dragging up very tired old stuff re Corbyn, who hasn't been Labour leader for 4 (four) years now.

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:57 - Feb 28 with 2120 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:24 - Feb 28 by giant_stow

I downvoted for the simple reason that Bankster is always more preoccupied with racism ‘top trumps’ than discussing racism.

‘Corbyn was SLIGHTLY LESS racist than the Tories’ is not the great tagline he thinks it is…
If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:59 - Feb 28 with 2098 viewsleitrimblue

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:55 - Feb 28 by Ryorry

I might be wrong, but thought the downvoting of the OP was probably more for dragging up very tired old stuff re Corbyn, who hasn't been Labour leader for 4 (four) years now.

Your probably right. But still as i mentioned to Ull,s earlier, that post also contains a link to the fact 50% of Conservative Party members have a problem with Travellers etc.
I wouldn't be comfortable with my name being on that downvote list for that reason.
If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 15:01 - Feb 28 with 2083 viewsRyorry

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:59 - Feb 28 by leitrimblue

Your probably right. But still as i mentioned to Ull,s earlier, that post also contains a link to the fact 50% of Conservative Party members have a problem with Travellers etc.
I wouldn't be comfortable with my name being on that downvote list for that reason.

I've long wished that Gav could invent a mechanism for downvoting & upvoting different parts of the same post

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 15:09 - Feb 28 with 2012 viewsGlasgowBlue

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:59 - Feb 28 by leitrimblue

That's odd. Because when Lowhouse posted about Diane Abbott claiming that Irish, Jewish and Traveller people do not suffer from 'racism, your first comment was:

"Are people really suggesting that the most racially abused sections of society are white"?

Oh and Banksy downvoted Lowhouse's post. He was obviously comfortable with his name being on that downvote list for that

diane abbott by lowhouseblue 23 Apr 2023 12:02
in a letter published in the observer she tells us what she really thinks:

"Racism is black and white.

Tomiwa Owolade claims that Irish, Jewish and Traveller people all suffer from 'racism'. They undoubtedly experience prejudice. This is similar to racism and the two words are often used as if they are interchangeable. It is true that many types of white people with points of difference, such as redheads, can experience this prejudice. But they are not all their lives subject to racism. In pre-civil rights America, Irish people, Jewish people and Travellers were not required to sit at the back of the bus. In apartheid South Africa, these groups were allowed to vote. And at the height of slavery, there were no white-seeming people manacled on the slave ships."

so being jewish is no different from being a redhead.

i expect the letter is all made up. diane says it was just an "initial draft".

Iron Lion Zion

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 15:12 - Feb 28 with 1997 viewsgiant_stow

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 14:38 - Feb 28 by leitrimblue

I see your point Leitrim. No doubt we're in a big ugly hole. Roll on the recovery.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 15:19 - Feb 28 with 1971 viewsleitrimblue

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 15:09 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

That's odd. Because when Lowhouse posted about Diane Abbott claiming that Irish, Jewish and Traveller people do not suffer from 'racism, your first comment was:

"Are people really suggesting that the most racially abused sections of society are white"?

Oh and Banksy downvoted Lowhouse's post. He was obviously comfortable with his name being on that downvote list for that

diane abbott by lowhouseblue 23 Apr 2023 12:02
in a letter published in the observer she tells us what she really thinks:

"Racism is black and white.

Tomiwa Owolade claims that Irish, Jewish and Traveller people all suffer from 'racism'. They undoubtedly experience prejudice. This is similar to racism and the two words are often used as if they are interchangeable. It is true that many types of white people with points of difference, such as redheads, can experience this prejudice. But they are not all their lives subject to racism. In pre-civil rights America, Irish people, Jewish people and Travellers were not required to sit at the back of the bus. In apartheid South Africa, these groups were allowed to vote. And at the height of slavery, there were no white-seeming people manacled on the slave ships."

so being jewish is no different from being a redhead.

i expect the letter is all made up. diane says it was just an "initial draft".

And I still 100% stick to that.
I still imagine that the most racially abused sections are not white.
As I belong to the group you have mentioned in big capital letters I feel quite confident suggesting it's probably even more difficult to be a person of colour in the UK and indeed Ireland then it is to belong to a white minority.
But all forms of bigotry, racism and xenophobia are bad. I'm not sure we need to make a league table of racism and abuse
Perhaps your experience is different? If so fair enough
If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 15:26 - Feb 28 with 1921 viewsbournemouthblue

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 13:36 - Feb 28 by jaykay

i don't think banksy said there was not a problem with corby. just saying some in the media aren't vocal as they were with corbyn

It's never been a fair fight in that regard

It's been known for quite some time, the Tories have similar issues with Islamaphobia and it's quietly been brushed under the carpet

Baroness Warsi had spoken out against it previously I believe?

I won't name names but there's a certain poster on here of Tory persuasion, who has been strangely quiet on this front, colour me surprised and cynical!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 15:28 - Feb 28 with 1904 viewsGlasgowBlue

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 15:26 - Feb 28 by bournemouthblue

It's never been a fair fight in that regard

It's been known for quite some time, the Tories have similar issues with Islamaphobia and it's quietly been brushed under the carpet

Baroness Warsi had spoken out against it previously I believe?

I won't name names but there's a certain poster on here of Tory persuasion, who has been strangely quiet on this front, colour me surprised and cynical!

Name names. It's only fair.

Iron Lion Zion

If this had been the case with Labour members under Corbyn... on 15:32 - Feb 28 with 1879 viewsbournemouthblue

The fact the media seem to be far less critical of the Tory Party for doing the exact same thing, is wrong though

I appreciate a lot of the gutter press is favourable to the Tory Party for their own agendas but the British public deserve better from the media frankly

We don't have a particular free media in this country, that's a real weakness with our democracy

It's only considered about the 40th freest media in the world because of the control from the Press Barons

I've always felt that number would shock people

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024