Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR 08:56 - Feb 27 with 3975 viewsgordon

Rangers in decent form, two defeats in row for Leicester and two tough away games coming up after QPR and home to Saints after that, the crowd will be a bit nervous given the run Leeds and us are on.

Wouldn't be shocked if those two defeats in a row quickly turned into 5 games without a win and them slipping right back into the pack.
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 08:59 - Feb 27 with 3489 viewsHerbivore

Think that might be wishful thinking to be honest. They've had a small wobble, been doubled by Boro and Leeds in games they largely dominated, but they've still got a ridiculous amount of quality in depth. I'd be stunned if they don't beat QPR. Doubtless they'll drop some points between now and the end of the season, but I see them finishing top comfortably still.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 09:04 - Feb 27 with 3460 viewsPinewoodblue

You may, or may not, be right but the important thing is for us to keep gathering as many points as possible so we can take advantage of any slip ups elsewhere.

It is what we do that matters.
[Post edited 27 Feb 9:05]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 09:20 - Feb 27 with 3376 viewsBiGDonnie

I can see them getting something against Leicester, on a decent run and a completely different side than who we faced at Loftus road earlier this season.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 09:24 - Feb 27 with 3355 viewsSteve_M

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 08:59 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

Think that might be wishful thinking to be honest. They've had a small wobble, been doubled by Boro and Leeds in games they largely dominated, but they've still got a ridiculous amount of quality in depth. I'd be stunned if they don't beat QPR. Doubtless they'll drop some points between now and the end of the season, but I see them finishing top comfortably still.

Yes, Boro are wildly inconsistent this season but have the sort of quality that can challenge Leicester if they get it right on the day and Leeds are obviously very good. Leicester haven't dropped too many points against more modest sides so I would be surprised if it's anything other than a comfortable win.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:03 - Feb 27 with 3206 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We need to beat Plymouth as well. Tough game
[Post edited 27 Feb 10:24]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 10:04 - Feb 27 with 3209 viewsWalkyWonderland

IF the wobble continues in some shape or form then history may well be repeating itself and they are this seasons' Sheffield Wednesday ending up third. That's got to be the dream right although I'd rather they went up than Leeds.
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 10:12 - Feb 27 with 3153 viewsChorleyBoy

These midweek FA Cup ties will most likely foul things up for at least one of Leicester, Leeds or Southampton who all have away ties against Premier League opposition. Liverpool will probably give Southampton an opportunity to concentrate on the Championship but I think Bournemouth and Chelsea could give Leicester or Leeds a real headache either with a battering or better still, a distraction in the form of a continued FA cup run.
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 10:38 - Feb 27 with 3031 viewsSaleAway

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 10:12 - Feb 27 by ChorleyBoy

These midweek FA Cup ties will most likely foul things up for at least one of Leicester, Leeds or Southampton who all have away ties against Premier League opposition. Liverpool will probably give Southampton an opportunity to concentrate on the Championship but I think Bournemouth and Chelsea could give Leicester or Leeds a real headache either with a battering or better still, a distraction in the form of a continued FA cup run.

Southampton will never get a better chance to beat Liverpool though. They are going to be full of youngsters again.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Login to get fewer ads

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 10:48 - Feb 27 with 2973 viewsChorleyBoy

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 10:38 - Feb 27 by SaleAway

Southampton will never get a better chance to beat Liverpool though. They are going to be full of youngsters again.

A Southampton win, lose or draw is a win, win, win for us. Lose and they have to pick themselves up from 4 defeats in 5 games. Draw and they have another fixture to squeeze in. Win and they have a quarter final distraction in their heads.
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 10:53 - Feb 27 with 2930 viewsDaninthecampo

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 10:48 - Feb 27 by ChorleyBoy

A Southampton win, lose or draw is a win, win, win for us. Lose and they have to pick themselves up from 4 defeats in 5 games. Draw and they have another fixture to squeeze in. Win and they have a quarter final distraction in their heads.

No replays in the 5th round this year
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 11:06 - Feb 27 with 2865 viewsChorleyBoy

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 10:53 - Feb 27 by Daninthecampo

No replays in the 5th round this year

Ahhhhhhh, okay. Thanks.

Mentally and/or physically demanding extra time then.
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 11:13 - Feb 27 with 2852 viewsEuropablue

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 08:59 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

Leicester will probably still win it, but it won't be comfortable now. I wouldn't be surprised if they won all their remaining games or if they went a poor run and got caught and overtaken by us and Leeds.
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 12:38 - Feb 27 with 2609 views_clive_baker_

Leicester have been incredibly consistent against the bottom half this season (and most of the top half to be fair). I thought they were unlucky and a bit naive against Leeds but a defeat at Elland Road isn’t much cause for panic. I fully expect them to beat QPR and go on to finish on 100+ points.

You’re right that their run after QPR is unlikely to be plain sailing though, but that’s true of all teams. We need Leeds to hit a bit of a rough spell, hopefully a couple of local derbies coming up might throw a spanner in the works for them.
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 13:12 - Feb 27 with 2504 viewstextbackup

Na, not a hope…

However, Leeds do draw with Hudds… unfortunately we do with Plymouth too.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 13:42 - Feb 27 with 2421 viewsExiled2Surrey

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 12:38 - Feb 27 by _clive_baker_

Leicester have been incredibly consistent against the bottom half this season (and most of the top half to be fair). I thought they were unlucky and a bit naive against Leeds but a defeat at Elland Road isn’t much cause for panic. I fully expect them to beat QPR and go on to finish on 100+ points.

You’re right that their run after QPR is unlikely to be plain sailing though, but that’s true of all teams. We need Leeds to hit a bit of a rough spell, hopefully a couple of local derbies coming up might throw a spanner in the works for them.

Agree with this - I think they are good at putting away teams like QPR, and are unlikely to drop enough points to really increase the jeopardy
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:48 - Feb 27 with 2404 viewsDaninthecampo

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 10:48 - Feb 27 by ChorleyBoy

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 14:00 - Feb 27 with 2345 viewsVaughan8

I saw the Leeds game and quite frankly should have been out of sight before Leeds got a goal. Many other teams wouldn't have come back like Leeds did too.

the Middlesborough game I didn't see but it looks like they had a load of chances just couldn't score.

I would be more surprised them dropping points than us., lets put it that way.
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 14:25 - Feb 27 with 2276 viewsBasuco

I don't think so, it is interesting that Boro and Leeds have both taken 6 points against Leicester, I think they will roll along comfortably to take the title, it is going to be an interesting 3 way battle for 2nd place with us Leeds and Southampton having to maintain good performances to the end of the season.
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 19:08 - Feb 27 with 2052 viewslmfcblue

We just need to worry about what we are doing. Really tough game at Plymouth. If we don’t do our bit it doesn’t really matter what Leicester do!
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 19:44 - Feb 27 with 1986 viewsTheBoyBlue

I fully expect them to get up and running again. Middlesbrough (somehow) and Leeds have well truly had them the measure of them this season, as have we to certain extent, but bar the odd blip no one else in this division has even got close to touching them.

As others have said, in this season of all seasons, all we can do is just concentrate on winning each match as it comes and see where it takes us.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 07:50 - Feb 28 with 1680 viewsITFCSG

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 19:08 - Feb 27 by lmfcblue

We just need to worry about what we are doing. Really tough game at Plymouth. If we don’t do our bit it doesn’t really matter what Leicester do!

I watched the Plymouth-Leeds match on TV 2 weeks ago, Plymouth were totally dominated for large spells of the match by Leeds and didn't even have a sniff at goal.

Let's see if we can do the same on Saturday. Interesting to see how we measure up with one of our rivals vs a common opponent.
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 09:39 - Mar 4 with 1090 viewsgordon

Pressure is a funny old thing in football - be interesting to see how Leeds handle dropping out of the top two tonight...
Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 09:43 - Mar 4 with 1052 viewsBiGDonnie

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 09:39 - Mar 4 by gordon

Pressure is a funny old thing in football - be interesting to see how Leeds handle dropping out of the top two tonight...

We can really see who the superior posters are in this thread. You're in good company G.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 09:53 - Mar 4 with 987 viewsHerbivore

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 09:39 - Mar 4 by gordon

Yeah, good call. Really didn't see this being one where they'd slip up but glad they did.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 09:55 - Mar 4 with 972 viewsPinewoodblue

Sneaky feeling Leicester might slip-up against QPR on 09:43 - Mar 4 by BiGDonnie

We can really see who the superior posters are in this thread. You're in good company G.

Any chance of further ‘sneaky feelings’ involving Stoke & Sunderland tomorrow evening.

With our game featured on Sky Leicester & Leeds finish 15 minutes before us.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024