Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crowds 10:48 - Feb 26 with 4301 viewscressi

We seem to get bigger more regular crowds than when we were a great side in the 70s and 80s. More away fans in a lower league.
Population in the UK is up about 12 million 1978 to now .
Transport families often did not have a car.
And has it became more safe and family oriented when I was young had to arrive early to get a spot with a view.
It is not down to price as football has gone up quite a lot in comparison now to then in people's wages like to hear people's views.
Crowds on 13:26 - Feb 28 with 361 viewsmonty_radio

Crowds on 14:55 - Feb 27 by Buhrer

You have to draw a line somewhere, and it's the clubs decision. 12/13 unaccompanied seems reasonable to me. I've taken mine and others kids and there's a world of difference between a 10 year olds and a 14 year olds ability to navigate Portman Road and all that can involve, on game day. The place is heaving for one.

"You have to draw a line somewhere"

But do you? Or at least, if that's now the generally accepted view, then draw it at Secondary school age

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Crowds on 16:14 - Feb 28 with 296 viewsBluespeed225

Crowds on 12:35 - Feb 27 by gainsboroughblue

Incorrect. I have never had a season ticket in my life and managed to see every game in 1991-92 season. Our gates were often below 10,000 save for games against Cambridge and the Charlton/Blackburn Xmas games.

The only gates over 20,000 in the 2nd half of that campaign were Liverpool (cup) Newcastle, Grimsby and Brighton towards the end of the season.

I think he means 92/93' after we went all seater over the summer. I'd never had a season ticket until the 92/3 season. The world changed!
Crowds on 17:51 - Feb 28 with 256 viewsgainsboroughblue

Crowds on 16:14 - Feb 28 by Bluespeed225

I think he means 92/93' after we went all seater over the summer. I'd never had a season ticket until the 92/3 season. The world changed!

Yeah. I realised that afterwards. However, we still had plenty of tickets spare most matches in 92-93.

I think the capacity was around 22,500 once converted to all-seater. The only sell-outs or near sell outs were Man U and Forest. Liverpool, Nodge, Leeds, Blackburn and Arsenal hit 20k.

A lot of crowds bobbled around the 15-18k mark. Lowest was 13k for guess who........Wimbledon.
[Post edited 28 Feb 17:55]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024