Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it acceptable 10:29 - Feb 22 with 3758 views_clive_baker_

To use up the milk from one carton and supplement it with the milk from another carton?

Mixing cows innit. Feels a bit weird to me, but the wife says I'm being ridiculous.

Thoughts?
Is it acceptable on 12:23 - Feb 22 with 1333 viewsTangledupin_Blue

As part of their marketing, an American dairy company listed the cows' names on their yogurt pots... Irma, Fanny, Julie and so on. They received a complaint that, as the cows all had girl names, this was misogynistic.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Is it acceptable on 12:28 - Feb 22 with 1299 viewsChurchman

Is it acceptable on 11:32 - Feb 22 by Ryorry

Joking aside, I think it could be a potential health hazard to mix milk from an old carton opened say 24hrs or more ago, with a newly opened one.

Have you tried swapping from cow's milk? Waitrose soya milk is about 9% soya beans (higher content than others & the nicest I've tried). Better for the environment.

But what do you do with all the redundant cows?

Nah, proper cows milk, skimmed or full fat. No soya, sheep, goat or any other substitute. Cow juice been a staple for 100s of years.

Banana milk is good too, though doesn’t work in tea.
Is it acceptable on 12:30 - Feb 22 with 1289 views_clive_baker_

Is it acceptable on 11:32 - Feb 22 by Ryorry

Joking aside, I think it could be a potential health hazard to mix milk from an old carton opened say 24hrs or more ago, with a newly opened one.

Have you tried swapping from cow's milk? Waitrose soya milk is about 9% soya beans (higher content than others & the nicest I've tried). Better for the environment.

I've tried many alternatives over the years, I can't get on board with them largely from a taste & consistency perspective. I often drink my coffee black now, but when I fancy some milk I use dairy.

I've cut most meat out of my diet, I only tend to eat it twice a week or so and when I do its from 2 legs or none. I find dairy alternatives more difficult to switch to, despite trying many )(especially cheese & milks). I worked for a company that invested in this area so at one stage was trying dozens a week as the samples were always kicking around the office, some much better than others but never IMO hitting the spot for me.
Is it acceptable on 12:32 - Feb 22 with 1279 viewsPinewoodblue

Is it acceptable on 12:23 - Feb 22 by Tangledupin_Blue

As part of their marketing, an American dairy company listed the cows' names on their yogurt pots... Irma, Fanny, Julie and so on. They received a complaint that, as the cows all had girl names, this was misogynistic.

No link so presume this is a joke. Pull the udder one.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is it acceptable on 12:46 - Feb 22 with 1239 viewsearlsgreenblue

Is it acceptable on 12:28 - Feb 22 by Churchman

Nah, proper cows milk, skimmed or full fat. No soya, sheep, goat or any other substitute. Cow juice been a staple for 100s of years.

Agreed, have you seen all the crap that goes in to soya milk, might ethically be good for the planet but more over processed sh1t in one’s diet not so sure & as far as sheep & or goats no thanks, only good in a curry!
Is it acceptable on 12:47 - Feb 22 with 1231 viewsHelp

Is it acceptable on 12:28 - Feb 22 by Churchman

Who/ how do you get milk from bananas FFS.
Is it acceptable on 13:05 - Feb 22 with 1176 viewsRyorry

Is it acceptable on 12:46 - Feb 22 by earlsgreenblue

Agreed, have you seen all the crap that goes in to soya milk, might ethically be good for the planet but more over processed sh1t in one’s diet not so sure & as far as sheep & or goats no thanks, only good in a curry!

The ingredients of my soya milk are 9% soya beans, 91% water.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is it acceptable on 13:10 - Feb 22 with 1168 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Is it acceptable on 12:32 - Feb 22 by Pinewoodblue

No link so presume this is a joke. Pull the udder one.

I don't know how to do links but if you google "American yogurt cows' names" you'll find it is no bull!
[Post edited 22 Feb 13:14]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it acceptable on 13:19 - Feb 22 with 1129 viewsHelp

Is it acceptable on 13:10 - Feb 22 by Tangledupin_Blue

I don't know how to do links but if you google "American yogurt cows' names" you'll find it is no bull!
[Post edited 22 Feb 13:14]

Should hope not
Is it acceptable on 13:25 - Feb 22 with 1106 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it acceptable on 12:46 - Feb 22 by earlsgreenblue

This may shock you but there are different brands. Some crap, some good.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it acceptable on 13:36 - Feb 22 with 1091 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is it acceptable on 11:03 - Feb 22 by _clive_baker_

In a previous job I worked for a pretty whacky founder. He was getting really annoyed at the cost of cream which was a primary ingredient in our biggest ticket products. We hedged the prices to a degree but were going to get stung in the not too distant future.

Anyhoo he sent me off to pull a business case together to lease some land in Ireland and buy our own cows. Was interesting actually, having to model out the gestation period of cows, their milk output, vet bills, equipment. We never bothered doing it though, mostly because someone thought to mention to him that none of us had the first fecking clue about cows, at which point he agreed.

Despite this, I'm still sat here shook that we drink a bottle of milk that's likely come from, what, tens, hundreds of cows? Disgusting.

I going to ask for a cow for my birthday.

And a milk maid?

[Post edited 22 Feb 13:46]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Is it acceptable on 13:39 - Feb 22 with 1063 viewsRyorry

Is it acceptable on 11:03 - Feb 22 by _clive_baker_

In a previous job I worked for a pretty whacky founder. He was getting really annoyed at the cost of cream which was a primary ingredient in our biggest ticket products. We hedged the prices to a degree but were going to get stung in the not too distant future.

Anyhoo he sent me off to pull a business case together to lease some land in Ireland and buy our own cows. Was interesting actually, having to model out the gestation period of cows, their milk output, vet bills, equipment. We never bothered doing it though, mostly because someone thought to mention to him that none of us had the first fecking clue about cows, at which point he agreed.

Despite this, I'm still sat here shook that we drink a bottle of milk that's likely come from, what, tens, hundreds of cows? Disgusting.

I going to ask for a cow for my birthday.

"I going to ask for a cow for my birthday"

BCWYWF

Is it acceptable on 13:42 - Feb 22 with 1055 viewsChurchman

Is it acceptable on 12:47 - Feb 22 by Help

Who/ how do you get milk from bananas FFS.

You milk them in the usual way. Thought everybody knew that.
Is it acceptable on 13:45 - Feb 22 with 1051 viewsRyorry

Is it acceptable on 13:42 - Feb 22 by Churchman

Indeed, bananas are essentially one long tit.

Is it acceptable on 13:51 - Feb 22 with 1033 viewsBlueBoots

Is it acceptable on 12:23 - Feb 22 by Tangledupin_Blue

They would get far more complaints if someone had milked a Brian or Barry for their yoghurts

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Is it acceptable on 13:55 - Feb 22 with 1013 viewshoppy

Is it acceptable on 13:05 - Feb 22 by Ryorry

The ingredients of my soya milk are 9% soya beans, 91% water.

So basically, you'll have a cup of tea or coffee, fill the mug with water, and then add mostly water to dilute it?!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Is it acceptable on 13:56 - Feb 22 with 1000 viewshoppy

Is it acceptable on 13:42 - Feb 22 by Churchman

Pull vigorously?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Is it acceptable on 14:01 - Feb 22 with 986 viewsRyorry

Is it acceptable on 13:55 - Feb 22 by hoppy

So basically, you'll have a cup of tea or coffee, fill the mug with water, and then add mostly water to dilute it?!

Pretty much the same as people do with cow's milk ..!

https://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/images/951-composition-of-cow-s-milk

Is it acceptable on 14:31 - Feb 22 with 941 viewsWeWereZombies

Is it acceptable on 12:30 - Feb 22 by _clive_baker_

I've tried many alternatives over the years, I can't get on board with them largely from a taste & consistency perspective. I often drink my coffee black now, but when I fancy some milk I use dairy.

I've cut most meat out of my diet, I only tend to eat it twice a week or so and when I do its from 2 legs or none. I find dairy alternatives more difficult to switch to, despite trying many )(especially cheese & milks). I worked for a company that invested in this area so at one stage was trying dozens a week as the samples were always kicking around the office, some much better than others but never IMO hitting the spot for me.

When I got in last night I saw that I had just under a pint of semi-skimmed milk left in the fridge but that the use by date was the 24th. So I chucked in half of the litre of soya milk (Morrisons, no airs and graces about me) I had just bought so that I have a suitable quantity to last until Saturday.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024