Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town TV 14:55 - Feb 18 with 2898 viewsblueislander

As far as I can see there is no apology on Town TV for the interruption to the stream yesterday. Disappointing.
Town TV on 15:03 - Feb 18 with 2371 viewsSitfcB

It always makes me laugh when people moan about something that’s not working even though they’re only watching it through illegal means anyway.

Doubt it’s was ITFC’s fault either.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Town TV on 15:07 - Feb 18 with 2345 viewsblueislander

Town TV on 15:03 - Feb 18 by SitfcB

It always makes me laugh when people moan about something that’s not working even though they’re only watching it through illegal means anyway.

That was posted at the time . I would have thought that a rather more fulsome apology could have been put on the site. And, by the way, I was watching quite legally
Town TV on 15:11 - Feb 18 with 2302 viewshomer_123

Town TV on 15:07 - Feb 18 by blueislander

That was posted at the time . I would have thought that a rather more fulsome apology could have been put on the site. And, by the way, I was watching quite legally

Fulsome how?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Town TV on 15:12 - Feb 18 with 2308 viewsSitfcB

Do you want a 5 minute apology video from Mark Ashton or something?

Stream went down, these things happen, club apologised, twice, get over it.

COYB

Town TV on 15:21 - Feb 18 with 2265 viewsblueislander

Town TV on 15:11 - Feb 18 by homer_123

Fulsome how?

Perhaps an explanation as to why it happened, and some assurance that it shouldn’t happen again.
Town TV on 15:24 - Feb 18 with 2253 viewsblueislander

Town TV on 15:12 - Feb 18 by SitfcB

If you had paid for something which was not properly delivered you might have a moan. It really isn’t that big a deal, but quite a lot of people were annoyed that two goals were missed.
Town TV on 15:25 - Feb 18 with 2244 viewsGarv

Would it help?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Town TV on 15:25 - Feb 18 with 2241 viewsIllinoisblue

Town TV on 15:12 - Feb 18 by SitfcB

I’d like an explanation as to what went wrong.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Town TV on 15:44 - Feb 18 with 2171 viewsfranz_tyson

No moans, but I genuinely live abroad( don't need a VPN) and have paid an annual subscription for Town TV. That fee was a hike up from IFollow..... yet I've hardly been able to watch games on Town TV due to a number of them being broadcast by Sky or whoever and they then become unavailable for TOwnTv. Compared to IFollow.... I prefer Ifollow as its cheaper, could actually watch most games and I preferred Brenner doing the commentary.
I'm only signing up for TownTV to watch the games and not for the extras.ie pre-match, interviews, replays, etc.... but if you can only watch half the games then it's a poor deal. Add in the gremlins and I can see how some aren't satisfied.
Town TV on 16:05 - Feb 18 with 2084 viewsIllinoisblue

Town TV on 15:44 - Feb 18 by franz_tyson

No moans, but I genuinely live abroad( don't need a VPN) and have paid an annual subscription for Town TV. That fee was a hike up from IFollow..... yet I've hardly been able to watch games on Town TV due to a number of them being broadcast by Sky or whoever and they then become unavailable for TOwnTv. Compared to IFollow.... I prefer Ifollow as its cheaper, could actually watch most games and I preferred Brenner doing the commentary.
I'm only signing up for TownTV to watch the games and not for the extras.ie pre-match, interviews, replays, etc.... but if you can only watch half the games then it's a poor deal. Add in the gremlins and I can see how some aren't satisfied.

I hear you, in the same boat of having paid annual sub for Town TV, but also having to pay for ESPN+ to watch that numerous games not shown on Town TV. But… that’s the price of success and not anything the club can control if Sky want to show our matches.

I’m more irked by the Town TV commentators not traveling to away games. Lessens the experience.

62 - 78 - 81

Town TV on 16:13 - Feb 18 with 2029 viewsblueislander

Town TV on 16:05 - Feb 18 by Illinoisblue

I hear you, in the same boat of having paid annual sub for Town TV, but also having to pay for ESPN+ to watch that numerous games not shown on Town TV. But… that’s the price of success and not anything the club can control if Sky want to show our matches.

I’m more irked by the Town TV commentators not traveling to away games. Lessens the experience.

Is that right? Are the commentators not physically present at the away matches?
Town TV on 16:19 - Feb 18 with 2000 viewsIllinoisblue

Town TV on 16:13 - Feb 18 by blueislander

Is that right? Are the commentators not physically present at the away matches?

The main comms guy, Glenn, admitted it on Twitter a few weeks back.

62 - 78 - 81

Town TV on 16:20 - Feb 18 with 1989 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Town TV on 15:21 - Feb 18 by blueislander

Perhaps an explanation as to why it happened, and some assurance that it shouldn’t happen again.

Technical issues. And how can they 'guarantee' that won't happen again?
Town TV on 16:21 - Feb 18 with 1985 viewsblueislander

Town TV on 16:19 - Feb 18 by Illinoisblue

Wow! That sounds a bit tinpot doesn’t it?
Town TV on 16:30 - Feb 18 with 1949 viewsIllinoisblue

Town TV on 16:21 - Feb 18 by blueislander

Wow! That sounds a bit tinpot doesn’t it?

It is odd. I guess there are logistics/tech issues with making it work? Or maybe the club is just being cheap.

62 - 78 - 81

Town TV on 16:56 - Feb 18 with 1887 viewsfranz_tyson

Doesn't seem right.
Isn't it part of the deal of the sports journalist/ commentator to travel and freeze your b0llocks off like the rest of the travelling fans? Its relying a bit too much on remote technology. How can they get a real feel of the atmosphere at the ground?
Feeling a bit nostalgic over Alex Mathie's slurring commentary .... but at least he bothered to make the trip and have a few chestwarmers.
Town TV on 17:03 - Feb 18 with 1847 viewsStokieBlue

If this is the main thing you have to worry about then I think you're doing fine.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Town TV on 17:32 - Feb 18 with 1799 viewsSitfcB

The reply to your question?

I took it as ‘don’t be so silly, of course we’re there’ - but unsure - as he doesn’t seem to post a picture of the away ground anymore.

COYB

Town TV on 17:52 - Feb 18 with 1736 viewsBuhrer

Couldn't a vpn help with that?

As for me I purchased my match day pass from Spain.. and towntv have always been very quick and helpful when I've emailed. Despite the f ook up with missing those goals, they're much better content than follow.
Town TV on 18:00 - Feb 18 with 1701 viewsRyorry

The audio-only stream was down as well, which numeous people incl myself pay for monthly to receive legally - we didn't get to hear the goals either.

Until you posted that apology, all I'd heard was an in-commentary 10 secs apol & nothing else. An email would have been nice - they're quick enough off the mark with marketing emails trying to sell merchandise, which average probably one every week atm.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Town TV on 18:01 - Feb 18 with 1699 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Town TV on 16:20 - Feb 18 by burnbudgiesburn

Technical issues. And how can they 'guarantee' that won't happen again?

Town TV is a bit weird as it often just takes you back to the last point of the stream instead of rejoining it live if there is ever a brief interruption. That happens for pre match as well so does appear a little glitchy at times. Seems a bit of a tech issue, stream wasn’t affected for Swansea’s coverage.

It was a tad frustrating as literally every game since mid December we have been on ESPN for us lot, then we miss ten minutes with two goals but whatever. Compared to not being able to ever see the EFL live previously, we have it good now.
Town TV on 18:02 - Feb 18 with 1688 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That much is obvious, if there is ever an extended replay they also have no idea what’s going on live.
Town TV on 18:04 - Feb 18 with 1671 viewsbournemouthblue

They did mention it on the half-time show also, I suspect it was probably down to the Swansea end rather than TownTV themselves

I do think it's an improvement on iFollow, I appreciate it a bit more but the coverage is more in depth

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Town TV on 18:12 - Feb 18 with 1630 viewsKeno

Town TV on 15:11 - Feb 18 by homer_123

Fulsome how?

It will be sent from a prison while Johny Cash in singing?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town TV on 18:21 - Feb 18 with 1590 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think the availability of games would be any different on iFollow. Sky get first dibs and we've been on a lot this year, although I think games are only not available abroad if being shown in those territories.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024