Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know what, we are going to do this arent we 18:26 - Feb 17 with 10991 viewsKeno

We will be top two come the end of the season

Just a feeling, similar to how I felt last season after the Bolton game

COYBs!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:15 - Feb 17 with 2163 viewsChurchman

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 20:41 - Feb 17 by Basuco

April is going to be a very tough month, Saints, scum, Watford, Boro, Cov, Hull. Not out of the question but will be a big task.

It will. Of the six fixtures you mention, we’ve beaten five of those and the other mob were dead lucky to get a draw.

Why can’t we go for the lot? The table doesn’t lie after all these games. We’ve a good side. Regardless of where we finish, what an effort it’s been this season. Amazing.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:17 - Feb 17 with 2159 viewsWestSussexBlue

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 20:53 - Feb 17 by Keno

Don’t know

Do you remember last season when Sheff Weds had that real easy game at forest green?

Indeed I do, that really felt like a big swing in our favour. I actually fancy Coventry to get something at Southampton in a few weeks time so that could be pivotal. Quite looking forward to Leicester edging Leeds as well.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:20 - Feb 17 with 2118 viewsKeno

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:17 - Feb 17 by WestSussexBlue

Indeed I do, that really felt like a big swing in our favour. I actually fancy Coventry to get something at Southampton in a few weeks time so that could be pivotal. Quite looking forward to Leicester edging Leeds as well.

And Southampton still have us, Leicester and Leeds

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:22 - Feb 17 with 2110 viewsreusersfreekicks

Realistically it looks pretty unlikey given the relative strength of the teams involved.
To even be in with a shout is incredible
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:23 - Feb 17 with 2093 viewsStokieBlue

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 20:49 - Feb 17 by WestSussexBlue

Just as a matter of interest, where do you see it happening? Ie where will Saints, Leeds drop their points.

If Leicester get a draw or win at Leeds next week and we beat Southampton at PR then it's entirely in our hands.

We of course won't win all the remaining matches but nobody expected Middlesbrough to beat Leicester today or for Bristol City to beat Southampton last week.

Still time for a few twists and turns. Leeds have won 8 in a row, the league record is 10 in a row so it's unlikely they can maintain that for the next 13 games. It would be an incredible record if they did.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:31 - Feb 17 with 2052 viewsChurchman

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:22 - Feb 17 by reusersfreekicks

Realistically it looks pretty unlikey given the relative strength of the teams involved.
To even be in with a shout is incredible

It is. Leeds and Southampton look a far too good.

Of the remaining games though, only Southampton are above us. Concentrate on our games, maybe go on a bit of a run and who knows... it’s a great opportunity and unlike the two above, there’s no pressure on us.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:51 - Feb 17 with 2019 viewsbournemouthblue

We will really have to up the gears because Southampton and Leeds have really clicked now

I think there are plenty of twists and turns before the end of the season though, hopefully we can keep right amongst it

I do think Moore and Al-Hamadi will give us the firepower we need to keep up

Burgess is massive in these more physical games

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 22:53 - Feb 17 with 2014 viewsRyorry

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 21:23 - Feb 17 by Buhrer

Agree.

You've only got to look at Boro getting 3 pts away at Leicester today, which has to be up there as one of the most bizarre scorelines in the Championship this season, to realise that there are no "easy" games for any team, and that anything is possible.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 23:18 - Feb 17 with 1972 viewspennblue

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 20:41 - Feb 17 by Basuco

April is going to be a very tough month, Saints, scum, Watford, Boro, Cov, Hull. Not out of the question but will be a big task.

We can do well in april if we get back to playing our best football

A few more wins should boost confidence again and then it is down to fitness and sharpness

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 00:33 - Feb 18 with 1919 viewsitfcsuth

I think top 2 is just beyond us.

But, it takes absolutely nothing away from how immensely good this group is, how well coached they are in our style of play, the belief and confidence in their own ability to consistently play the way we play.

We are fighting against tanks with a pistol in terms of budgets and resources.

A truly remarkable team.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 08:17 - Feb 18 with 1825 viewspennblue

I think thinking and believing that, whether we make it or not is extremely powerful

We need to win these next two home games first. I would like to see us a bit sharper still and keeping the ball better. We need to get back to controlling these games.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 08:41 - Feb 18 with 1813 viewsgosblue

We are still alive. I had a feeling at the start of the season that we could surprise this league. Realistically or maybe trying to play it down, I thought maybe top ten, I was hoping for play offs and of course to finish above our avian neighbours. But here we are. We are 3 points away from Sunderland’s 6th place total from last season with 14 games to go. 2 points a game would give us 94 points and if that isn’t enough to get us automatic promotion, then well done to anyone who finishes above us.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 08:46 - Feb 18 with 1804 viewsSwansea_Blue

If I had to put money on it, I’d say no. Leicester, Leeds, S’ton have an embarrassment of riches at their disposal and look the stronger teams. We do keep finding a way though, so of course there’s a chance. We’ve just got to keep going and see where it takes us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 09:01 - Feb 18 with 1779 viewsfranz_tyson

If we're 5 points off second place with 5 games to go.... I'll bite your hands off for that as a bit of a slender chance for automatic promotion with play-offs confirmed. Sorry, but I don't think we're strong enough and we're going to rely on our squad both excelling themselves and overchieving whilst both Southampton and Leeds have a dip in form. I'd prefer us to be underdogs and not being chased down. Why heap pressure on ourselves?
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 09:10 - Feb 18 with 1765 viewsChurchman

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 00:33 - Feb 18 by itfcsuth

I think top 2 is just beyond us.

But, it takes absolutely nothing away from how immensely good this group is, how well coached they are in our style of play, the belief and confidence in their own ability to consistently play the way we play.

We are fighting against tanks with a pistol in terms of budgets and resources.

A truly remarkable team.

in the great scheme of things we are. But in reality we are not. We are only going up against the Southampton Tiger Tank once. For the other thirteen games, our Firefly Sherman is shooting at, Panzer Mk 3s and 4s, Half Tracks and soft vehicles.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 09:27 - Feb 18 with 1736 viewswhymark4lazio0

My first reaction was that it's probably unrealistic to expect Leeds AND Southampton to slip up. Thinking about it, honest Leeds and Southampton fans will be saying the same about us and Southampton/Leeds. So we stand a 1 in 3 chance (taking into account slightly easier run in, 8 at home, 6 away AND the significant advantage of experiencing a similar chase last season).

If we do get auto promotion, McKenna deserves to be manager of the season, the greatest management achievement since Clough and Sir Bobby.

Has any non Premier League manager won manager of the season?

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 09:32 - Feb 18 with 1716 viewsHerbivore

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 18:32 - Feb 17 by textbackup

I’d love for you to be right… but regardless of what we do, them other 2 just aren’t going to drop more points than we gain, unfortunately

Why not? Saints lost at Bristol City (where we won) just 5 days ago. They had a very close shave a few days beforehand against Huddersfield as well. They aren't unbeatable and they still have to travel to us, Leeds, and Leicester and they've got to play Birmingham away who are a tricky prospect at St Andrews and hitting some form.

Leeds only really have Leicester, Saints, and Hull at home who might take points off them but all their away games are against sides either fighting for their lives at the bottom or fighting for the top 6. They've failed to win almost half of their away games this season so I think it's likely they will drop some more points on the road.

Both sides also have tough midweek away games in the cup, games where they could feasibly get slapped, especially if they rest a couple of players. They may just brush it off but it could also give them a bit of a knock. If they somehow win, it makes their fixture list very congested.

To give in now is the act of a fanny to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 09:34 - Feb 18 with 1701 viewswischip

I still think we might do it too. If we get our groove in the run-in, like we did last season. And Leeds and Soton start to the feel pressure fighting for the second spot against each other and they get the fear of failure with all their parachute riches, expectations and entitlement.
They both wobble and we go ploughing through like a traction engine.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 09:57 - Feb 18 with 1660 viewsWeWereZombies

Injuries and suspensions will play a part, if we stay relatively injury free (whatever Clarke has been carrying has been over publicised, Broadhead and Chaplin avoid the cloggers etc.) and can bring back Taylor and Hirst ahead of time then we have the depth of squad to push all the way. If Morsy continues to avoid a booking every game. If, if, if....

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:20 - Feb 18 with 1631 viewstextbackup

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 09:32 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Why not? Saints lost at Bristol City (where we won) just 5 days ago. They had a very close shave a few days beforehand against Huddersfield as well. They aren't unbeatable and they still have to travel to us, Leeds, and Leicester and they've got to play Birmingham away who are a tricky prospect at St Andrews and hitting some form.

Leeds only really have Leicester, Saints, and Hull at home who might take points off them but all their away games are against sides either fighting for their lives at the bottom or fighting for the top 6. They've failed to win almost half of their away games this season so I think it's likely they will drop some more points on the road.

Both sides also have tough midweek away games in the cup, games where they could feasibly get slapped, especially if they rest a couple of players. They may just brush it off but it could also give them a bit of a knock. If they somehow win, it makes their fixture list very congested.

I didn’t say that would definitely happen, just IMO it’s unlikely.

We’d need to be almost perfect, and then cock up a few times.

If that makes me a Fanny then so be it, I can live with that. FWIW I think we’ll win the PO (providing we avoid leeds)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:29 - Feb 18 with 1621 viewsblueasfook

We're certainly not out of the race. At the very least we are pretty much guaranteed a play off place - barring a total collapse. But yes, top 2 is still within our reach. Still a lot of games to go. Things can change quickly. A couple of bad results for Leeds and/or Southampton and we are back. I do think there's going to be a couple of more twists and turns before the season is out.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:30 - Feb 18 with 1607 viewsKeno

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:20 - Feb 18 by textbackup

I didn’t say that would definitely happen, just IMO it’s unlikely.

We’d need to be almost perfect, and then cock up a few times.

If that makes me a Fanny then so be it, I can live with that. FWIW I think we’ll win the PO (providing we avoid leeds)

Hi texty

I admit it doesnt seem likely but after last season who know

plus it would really p1ss a lot of people off like Sky, Leeds fans and Chris Sutton Knob

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:32 - Feb 18 with 1603 viewstextbackup

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:30 - Feb 18 by Keno

Hi texty

I admit it doesnt seem likely but after last season who know

plus it would really p1ss a lot of people off like Sky, Leeds fans and Chris Sutton Knob

The more of these ‘we are going to do it’ posts I read, the more I think we will! So you’re winning me over hugely!
Only looked at the league table 5 times this morning 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:47 - Feb 18 with 1576 viewstractorboy1978

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 09:32 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

It's a big 5 games for Leicester too. 12 points clear of us at the moment and perhaps being dismissed as being home and hosed but we have a game in hand on them and up next they have:

Leeds (a)
QPR (h)
Sunderland (a)
Hull (a)
Southampton (h)

That's a run of games they could easily only pick up 5/6 points from off the back of a defeat yesterday.
You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 10:48 - Feb 18 with 1570 viewsAlberto_the_frog

You know what, we are going to do this arent we on 20:49 - Feb 17 by WestSussexBlue

Just as a matter of interest, where do you see it happening? Ie where will Saints, Leeds drop their points.

Recent results such as Southampton and Leicester losing show that accuracy of predictions is down to luck as much as anything. The top three still have to play each other, however. My favourite scenario remains Saints drawing with Leeds on last day and us winning to leapfrog them both.
[Post edited 18 Feb 10:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024