Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna's adjustments on 15' 18:02 - Feb 15 with 2322 viewsHalifaxBlue

My dad and I were discussing the use of Hutchinson as a 10 yesterday. I made these to visualize what we saw - I figured some of the football perverts on this board might enjoy having a look. You could see Hutchinson try the movement a couple of times before the "injury" on 15', but after that it became basically automatic and Millwall had no answer for it.

We effectively end up playing with two right wingers to overload that side and give them the choice of allowing us the overload or opening up central passing lanes. What I love so much is not only did we have this as a plan, but also had a ready-made fix for what they might try and do to prevent it. We are so so lucky to have this manager and this team - enjoy it.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 22:13 - Feb 15 with 1876 viewsmrfixit426

Absolutely love this. The game completely changed after the "injury."
McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 00:09 - Feb 16 with 1609 viewsnorfsufblue

I called this as it happened.... being first worried that Hutch had gone down but as soon as the camera panned onto him it was obvious it was just a time out, it's been used against us many times but we usually manage these alterations in game, nice to see us being streetwise to the point where it completely changed the whole flow of the match.
McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 09:53 - Feb 16 with 1245 viewsvilanovablue

McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 00:09 - Feb 16 by norfsufblue

I called this as it happened.... being first worried that Hutch had gone down but as soon as the camera panned onto him it was obvious it was just a time out, it's been used against us many times but we usually manage these alterations in game, nice to see us being streetwise to the point where it completely changed the whole flow of the match.

Think it was testament that McKenna is getting a bit more streetwise in terms of his management. It was definitely needed and the change was almost immediate.
McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 10:20 - Feb 16 with 1153 viewsBlue_Order

Upvoted for the term ‘football perverts’.
McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 10:35 - Feb 16 with 1075 viewsbaxterbasics

McKenna is a genius, is all I can conclude from this and the previous 100 games.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 10:40 - Feb 16 with 1047 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 00:09 - Feb 16 by norfsufblue

What I wasn't sure about is did Hutch decide to go down by himself (perhaps he's been instructed to do so if we're under the cosh) or was it something shouted/communicated in some way from the bench at the time?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 11:19 - Feb 16 with 918 viewsSwansea_Blue

McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 10:20 - Feb 16 by Blue_Order

Upvoted for the term ‘football perverts’.

And just to add that this thread is also suitable for all our other perverts

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McKenna's adjustments on 15' on 12:00 - Feb 16 with 846 viewsOldFart71

I don't know how you were diverted, you were perverted too .I don't know how you were inverted, no one alerted you. George Harrison "While my Guitar Gently Weeps"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024