Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to the Sky commentator… 02:18 - Feb 15 with 4040 viewsSitfcB

…McKenna’s release clause is “more than double of the figure quoted in the press”.

So £8million +

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

According to the Sky commentator… on 02:33 - Feb 15 with 3963 viewsWacko

That is an extraordinary amount. Clubs don’t pay the same fees for managers as they do for players

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

According to the Sky commentator… on 05:58 - Feb 15 with 3725 viewsEddyJ

If an offer came in and McKenna wanted to go, it would be madness for us to say no. A disgruntled player is bad, but a disgruntled manager would be a disaster.

The release clause is just a starting point for negotiation. We wouldn't necessarily get that amount.
According to the Sky commentator… on 06:59 - Feb 15 with 3416 viewsGiveusaWave

Add to that the release clauses for all the staff associated with KM. it'd be a risky endeavour for any club to spend that kind of money on a manager.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

According to the Sky commentator… on 07:37 - Feb 15 with 3197 viewsCheltenham_Blue

According to the Sky commentator… on 05:58 - Feb 15 by EddyJ

If an offer came in and McKenna wanted to go, it would be madness for us to say no. A disgruntled player is bad, but a disgruntled manager would be a disaster.

The release clause is just a starting point for negotiation. We wouldn't necessarily get that amount.

A release clause is not a ‘starting point’ at all.
If it’s in the contract, then it’s covered under contract law.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

According to the Sky commentator… on 07:37 - Feb 15 with 3180 viewsTractorWood

I disagree. I'd rather have McKenna.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

According to the Sky commentator… on 08:12 - Feb 15 with 2925 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

According to the Sky commentator… on 02:33 - Feb 15 by Wacko

That is an extraordinary amount. Clubs don’t pay the same fees for managers as they do for players

They are starting to pay decent fees for managers, I think Chelsea paid something like £10m to get Potter.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

According to the Sky commentator… on 08:50 - Feb 15 with 2689 viewsRegencyBlue

Fair dues to Ashton if he managed to get that into McKennas contract!
According to the Sky commentator… on 08:51 - Feb 15 with 2675 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

According to the Sky commentator… on 07:37 - Feb 15 by TractorWood

I disagree. I'd rather have McKenna.

Isn’t he saying if McKenna WANTED to go. No point holding on to him if he doesn’t want to be here. He’s priceless, but if his heart wasn’t in it because he was forced to see out his contract, I don’t think that’s a situation that suits any party.
Login to get fewer ads

According to the Sky commentator… on 08:53 - Feb 15 with 2658 viewsbobbyramsey

I wonder what information sky have suddenly become privy to that no-one else knew anything about?

Odd.......
According to the Sky commentator… on 08:57 - Feb 15 with 2601 viewsbobbyramsey

I expect that all outcomes have been covered in the contract....and that KM was happy to sign up.
According to the Sky commentator… on 08:59 - Feb 15 with 2577 viewsGavTWTD

According to the Sky commentator… on 08:53 - Feb 15 by bobbyramsey

I wonder what information sky have suddenly become privy to that no-one else knew anything about?

Odd.......

If all this is true then it would have been released by the Palace end this week I would think.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

According to the Sky commentator… on 09:23 - Feb 15 with 2406 viewsEddyJ

According to the Sky commentator… on 07:37 - Feb 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

A release clause is not a ‘starting point’ at all.
If it’s in the contract, then it’s covered under contract law.

In practice, all the release clause does is set the maximum amount of compensation we would get for him.

We could choose to release him for less compensation than the release clause. We might do this if, for example, Manchester United came in for him with an offer below the release clause and refused to pay more. We are never going to stand in his way. It wouldn't be in the interest of any parties.

Assuming they know what the release clause is, nobody is ever going to offer more than the release clause. There is nothing to gain from doing so.
According to the Sky commentator… on 09:32 - Feb 15 with 2275 viewsGarv

According to the Sky commentator… on 08:51 - Feb 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Isn’t he saying if McKenna WANTED to go. No point holding on to him if he doesn’t want to be here. He’s priceless, but if his heart wasn’t in it because he was forced to see out his contract, I don’t think that’s a situation that suits any party.

Didn't mean to downvote

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

According to the Sky commentator… on 09:40 - Feb 15 with 2162 viewsArchiRob

According to the Sky commentator… on 09:23 - Feb 15 by EddyJ

In practice, all the release clause does is set the maximum amount of compensation we would get for him.

We could choose to release him for less compensation than the release clause. We might do this if, for example, Manchester United came in for him with an offer below the release clause and refused to pay more. We are never going to stand in his way. It wouldn't be in the interest of any parties.

Assuming they know what the release clause is, nobody is ever going to offer more than the release clause. There is nothing to gain from doing so.

Wouldn't be a great way to start new employment - "We want you, but your not worth that!"
According to the Sky commentator… on 11:32 - Feb 15 with 1839 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

According to the Sky commentator… on 09:40 - Feb 15 by ArchiRob

Wouldn't be a great way to start new employment - "We want you, but your not worth that!"

So the same as every transfer ever then?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

According to the Sky commentator… on 11:41 - Feb 15 with 1761 viewsStu_boy

Tbh sky commentators chat a load of nonsense a lot of the time and act like they are the fountains of knowledge. The sky commentator also stated Al-hamadi had been doing well for wimbledon in league 1 this season.
[Post edited 15 Feb 11:42]
According to the Sky commentator… on 11:42 - Feb 15 with 1738 viewsVaughan8

Does he actually know?

He was talking absolute B0ll0cks all night so I wouldn't believe anything he says!
According to the Sky commentator… on 12:08 - Feb 15 with 1613 viewsTractorCam

According to the Sky commentator… on 02:33 - Feb 15 by Wacko

Bizarre ain't it. £8m for McKenna is a much better deal than £22m for Wharton if you ask me.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

According to the Sky commentator… on 12:11 - Feb 15 with 1591 viewsKevin_Herts

Crystal Palace due to make announcement today on managerial plans. Fingers crossed it isn't to say that KM will be joining them in the summer 😬
According to the Sky commentator… on 13:35 - Feb 15 with 1376 viewsStu_boy

According to the Sky commentator… on 12:11 - Feb 15 by Kevin_Herts

Crystal Palace due to make announcement today on managerial plans. Fingers crossed it isn't to say that KM will be joining them in the summer 😬

Hodgson has been taken ill, hope he is ok and nothing to serious but if it's related to the stress of the situation then it needs to be sorted ASAP for the sake of all affected parties
According to the Sky commentator… on 00:16 - Feb 16 with 1075 viewsGiveusaWave

Feel KM is going to stay. We are in a good position, he's very popular with supporters, knows the players and is settled. Even if we lose a bunch of games he's not going to lose his job. While at Palace...West Ham= a few early losses and supporters will quickly turn.

If Man Utd come in for him..I'd understand the move. Otherwise...no.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024