Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop 20:54 - Feb 13 with 1896 viewsJimmy86

If you believe what's been written, Palace seem to be confident that they will get McKenna in the summer... Surely Ashton should be telling them to do one.. he's under contract until 2027.. just point blank refuse
Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:24 - Feb 13 with 1774 viewsHerbivore

He's got a £4m release clause. If they're willing to pay it, we can't stop him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:36 - Feb 13 with 1729 viewsJimmy86

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:24 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

Makes you wonder why there's the release clause... I hope he doesn't go.. if he does, I have every faith in the club bringing in a suitable replacement... That wasn't always the case under the previous regime, it has to be said..
Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:39 - Feb 13 with 1683 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:24 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

But then it would still be up to McKenna. Much will depend on whether we have got promoted and how far away we are if we haven't along with how much he thinks of what Palace are offering overall.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:42 - Feb 13 with 1659 viewsJimmy86

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:39 - Feb 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

But then it would still be up to McKenna. Much will depend on whether we have got promoted and how far away we are if we haven't along with how much he thinks of what Palace are offering overall.

Also think it's a bit off that Steve Parish has spoken with McKenna's advisors... So, they've not really even asked for permission to speak with him or even speak with the club it seems... Hopefully it won't turn his head..
Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:44 - Feb 13 with 1621 viewsSmithersJones

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:42 - Feb 13 by Jimmy86

Also think it's a bit off that Steve Parish has spoken with McKenna's advisors... So, they've not really even asked for permission to speak with him or even speak with the club it seems... Hopefully it won't turn his head..

I can’t imagine Roy Hodgson is best pleased either.
Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:45 - Feb 13 with 1602 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:42 - Feb 13 by Jimmy86

I think it is common to sound out the probability of it being possible ahead of making an official approach. Technically not the way it should be done but generally the accepted way as long there isn't an official approach without agreeing it with the club first.

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:46 - Feb 13 with 1595 viewsGlasgowBlue

£4million and Rak-Sakyi. Would you take it if the deal was done very early after the season ends?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:48 - Feb 13 with 1551 viewsJimmy86

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:45 - Feb 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think it is common to sound out the probability of it being possible ahead of making an official approach. Technically not the way it should be done but generally the accepted way as long there isn't an official approach without agreeing it with the club first.

Ahh fair enough! See what you mean.. putting the feelers out, so to speak.. hope he doesn't leave before the end of the season, at least.. would imagine it would be in the summer, if anything..
Login to get fewer ads

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:50 - Feb 13 with 1527 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:48 - Feb 13 by Jimmy86

Ahh fair enough! See what you mean.. putting the feelers out, so to speak.. hope he doesn't leave before the end of the season, at least.. would imagine it would be in the summer, if anything..

I think that is the gist of what is being reported that he wouldn't consider it until the summer at the earliest.

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:58 - Feb 13 with 1440 viewsHerbivore

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:46 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

£4million and Rak-Sakyi. Would you take it if the deal was done very early after the season ends?

It's a bit moot, mate. If they're paying us his release clause there's no reason for them to also throw in Rak-Sakyi.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 22:00 - Feb 13 with 1420 viewstractorboy1978

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:36 - Feb 13 by Jimmy86

Makes you wonder why there's the release clause... I hope he doesn't go.. if he does, I have every faith in the club bringing in a suitable replacement... That wasn't always the case under the previous regime, it has to be said..

Probably because he wouldn’t sign a new deal without one. Otherwise we could just tell clubs to “do one” for the next 4 years.
Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 22:07 - Feb 13 with 1345 viewsJimmy86

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 22:00 - Feb 13 by tractorboy1978

Probably because he wouldn’t sign a new deal without one. Otherwise we could just tell clubs to “do one” for the next 4 years.

Ahh, see I'd always be a bit sceptical if it was McKenna who requested the release clause... To me, that's a commitment thing, surely? If you're in it for the long haul then there wouldn't be a release clause? Well, to me, anyway..
Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 22:15 - Feb 13 with 1260 viewsSE1blue

Crazy that players can sell for £20m+ but a quality manager has a £4m release clause.

Someone like McKenna makes players actually look worth their money and he will likely have a much longer career.

Seems upside down to me.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 22:15 - Feb 13 with 1259 viewsBugs

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 22:07 - Feb 13 by Jimmy86

Ahh, see I'd always be a bit sceptical if it was McKenna who requested the release clause... To me, that's a commitment thing, surely? If you're in it for the long haul then there wouldn't be a release clause? Well, to me, anyway..

I imagine the release cause from KM's camp was if a "big" club came calling.

I doubt, with respect to Palace, it was put in with a club like them in mind. Hence, why they have been told a firm no. If it was Man U or Spurs ect that had the interest, I expect the ITFC would have an extra £4m in the bank now, and be looking for a new manager.
Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 23:17 - Feb 13 with 1044 viewsHighgateBlue

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 21:36 - Feb 13 by Jimmy86

Do we definitely know that there is a release clause?

All a bit moot maybe - like a player, if he wants to go, it's probably silly to try to stop him.

Let's hope we go up and he decides to stay with us regardless. Hopefully we'll lose him to Man Utd in a decade's time...
Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 10:13 - Feb 14 with 671 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 22:07 - Feb 13 by Jimmy86

It's a pretty standard thing to have a release clause in a contract, doesn't really say anything about his commitment.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Surely the club should be telling Palace KMck is not available, full stop on 10:35 - Feb 14 with 627 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

Talksport have a feature later this morning about increasing interest in Keiran from Premier League clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024