Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Taylor 21:11 - Feb 12 with 1406 viewslmfcblue

Jack being out is a big loss. The rotation between him and Mass worked well.
Let’s hope he’s back soon.
Jack Taylor on 21:20 - Feb 12 with 1351 viewsSteve_M

Yes, especially in these weeks with mid-week games. The slightly OTT reaction to him playing poorly against Maidstone doesn’t change the fact that he’s developed as a player across the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jack Taylor on 21:27 - Feb 12 with 1312 viewspointofblue

Jack Taylor on 21:20 - Feb 12 by Steve_M

Yes, especially in these weeks with mid-week games. The slightly OTT reaction to him playing poorly against Maidstone doesn’t change the fact that he’s developed as a player across the season.

Definitely felt a bit odd when Al-Hamadi came on and Harness dropped back alongside Morsy on Saturday. Suddenly made me wonder if Taylor would have come on instead, had he been on the bench.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jack Taylor on 21:34 - Feb 12 with 1281 viewsKev_W

Yes, he has developed this season. Perhaps not as quickly as some hoped but he is being asked to play a deeper, more structured role than he did at Posh. Taylor is an option that I'm sure McKenna wants back asap for this next run of games.

Will be interesting to see if Travis gets paired with Morsy in some of these games. Suspect it might make us a bit more solid defensively without losing too much going forward. The added leadership qualities Travis can bring are an asset.
Jack Taylor on 21:34 - Feb 12 with 1279 viewshomer_123

I've felt, well before he joined, that for us his best position would be the role Chappers occupies.

Having watched a fair bit of him, he's an eye for a pass...links up well and, of course, has a shot on him.

Trouble is he's not going to budge Chappers.

As a pivot he's not quite at Luongos level or at least consistent enough to dislodge him. Can we develop him into that player...possibly but he's had very little opportunity to get game time in that position to develop.

Frustrating all round given we chased hard to get him.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jack Taylor on 21:40 - Feb 12 with 1236 viewslmfcblue

Jack Taylor on 21:27 - Feb 12 by pointofblue

Definitely felt a bit odd when Al-Hamadi came on and Harness dropped back alongside Morsy on Saturday. Suddenly made me wonder if Taylor would have come on instead, had he been on the bench.

I think KM would’ve brought on Taylor for Mass earlier 70 mins ish as Mass looked tired. He would’ve worked it that Ali would’ve have also come on as he did.
Jack Taylor on 21:41 - Feb 12 with 1233 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jack Taylor on 21:34 - Feb 12 by Kev_W

Yes, he has developed this season. Perhaps not as quickly as some hoped but he is being asked to play a deeper, more structured role than he did at Posh. Taylor is an option that I'm sure McKenna wants back asap for this next run of games.

Will be interesting to see if Travis gets paired with Morsy in some of these games. Suspect it might make us a bit more solid defensively without losing too much going forward. The added leadership qualities Travis can bring are an asset.

With Travis and Taylor backing up Morsy and Luongo, Humphreys seems to be seen as LB cover rather than CM. I have always been impressed with Humphreys in CM and I am sure that versatility will serve him well in time. I agree Taylor is being asked to play a different role and is taking time to adjust to it. It is also possible he has been carrying a knock that has developed into the current injury. I wouldn't put it past any of these 5 players to play a big role in the rest of the season for us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jack Taylor on 21:44 - Feb 12 with 1180 viewspointofblue

Jack Taylor on 21:41 - Feb 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

With Travis and Taylor backing up Morsy and Luongo, Humphreys seems to be seen as LB cover rather than CM. I have always been impressed with Humphreys in CM and I am sure that versatility will serve him well in time. I agree Taylor is being asked to play a different role and is taking time to adjust to it. It is also possible he has been carrying a knock that has developed into the current injury. I wouldn't put it past any of these 5 players to play a big role in the rest of the season for us.

I thought the plan was to let Humphreys go out on loan if Taylor hadn't picked up an injury when he did? Which also suggests we're hoping Williams will be back sooner rather than later.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jack Taylor on 22:04 - Feb 12 with 1059 viewsbournemouthblue

We have Travis at least, there's plenty more to come from him I suspect

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024