Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Couple of thoughts on our tactics today… 17:05 - Feb 10 with 576 viewsthebooks

In possession we go to 3 at the back (Fridge, Wolf, Clark), which leaves Clark really exposed if we lose the ball — he’s covering two spaces. I think teams know this and like to counter down our right/inside right, which can leave him betwixt and between, but I think this is just down to our tactics and willingness to take a risk. Unfortunately, he gets a bit of (unfair) stick for this apparent indecision. The upside is Burns plays as a forward and Davis doesn’t have to worry about covering.

We ditched the pass pass pass out from the back today, opting for a couple of short passes followed by a Hladky ball into the centre circle, which Moore picked up more often than not. Thought this worked well.

WBA are a bit like Leicester in that they’ll sit back on a lead. We find this easier to cope with than, say, Leeds continuing to go toe to toe and outplaying us simply because they have better players. Our patterns and technique help us get around and through defences. I think WBA were fairly comfortably on top when they scored, but were then too defensive.

Connor Chaplin’s finishing is a bit off. Moore has slotted into our system well and wins a lot of possession. He also likes to keep his hair just right during the game, which I quite admire.
Couple of thoughts on our tactics today… on 17:26 - Feb 10 with 503 viewsBasuco

We are brave in how we play, we will concede but sometimes, but we are so good in attack it is worth it. Great game today apart from the result.
Couple of thoughts on our tactics today… on 18:17 - Feb 10 with 401 viewsBlue_Heath

Couple of thoughts on our tactics today… on 17:26 - Feb 10 by Basuco

We are brave in how we play, we will concede but sometimes, but we are so good in attack it is worth it. Great game today apart from the result.

We are so good at not finishing an attack!
[Post edited 10 Feb 18:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024