Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. 14:21 - Feb 8 with 2472 viewsericclacton

I opened the jiffy bag and found a pair of pliers and half a bottle of Chinese whiskey.

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 14:27 - Feb 8 with 1963 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 15:08 - Feb 8 with 1886 viewsChurchman

I haven’t been to an NHS dentist since I was a kid. As soon as I was old enough to thump the animal that told me ‘boys don’t have injections, boys are brave’ and had twice pulled out the wrong tooth on my mum I was away.

Private all the way for me when it come to the gnashers.
I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 15:09 - Feb 8 with 1879 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 15:12 - Feb 8 with 1854 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 15:27 - Feb 8 with 1826 viewsRyorry

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 15:08 - Feb 8 by Churchman

I haven’t been to an NHS dentist since I was a kid. As soon as I was old enough to thump the animal that told me ‘boys don’t have injections, boys are brave’ and had twice pulled out the wrong tooth on my mum I was away.

Private all the way for me when it come to the gnashers.

Pensioner having to pull £1K out of small savings just for root canal work + crown on one tooth by private practice after NHS practice de-listed me for not attending during the pandemic, & no NHS places now in any practice within 20 mile radius, says that's nice if you can afford it. What do you suggest people with no savings & low income do?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 15:38 - Feb 8 with 1798 viewsChurchman

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 15:27 - Feb 8 by Ryorry

Pensioner having to pull £1K out of small savings just for root canal work + crown on one tooth by private practice after NHS practice de-listed me for not attending during the pandemic, & no NHS places now in any practice within 20 mile radius, says that's nice if you can afford it. What do you suggest people with no savings & low income do?

It’s a comment on what I do, not what should be.

The deliberate sidelining of NHS dentistry is an absolute national disgrace and I know the provision of private dentistry in Suffolk in particular is poor.

In America if you don’t have insurance it’s a case of make your own arrangements to the point where you technically cease to exist, even for statistical purposes. This style of provision is what the government is aiming for and I abhor it.

But when it comes to the personal, as the dirty rotten coward I am I chose long ago to pay the money rather than repeat the horrors of childhood. That includes finding £1000 for the crown I need in a month or two’s time.

What can people do who don’t have the money? Vote and push for something better is about the only option I can think of.
I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:01 - Feb 8 with 1758 viewsericclacton

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:06 - Feb 8 with 1741 viewsericclacton

I keep my teeth in my mouth so i know where they are.

Login to get fewer ads

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:13 - Feb 8 with 1721 viewsRyorry

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 15:38 - Feb 8 by Churchman

The deliberate sidelining of NHS dentistry is an absolute national disgrace and I know the provision of private dentistry in Suffolk in particular is poor.

In America if you don’t have insurance it’s a case of make your own arrangements to the point where you technically cease to exist, even for statistical purposes. This style of provision is what the government is aiming for and I abhor it.

But when it comes to the personal, as the dirty rotten coward I am I chose long ago to pay the money rather than repeat the horrors of childhood. That includes finding £1000 for the crown I need in a month or two’s time.

What can people do who don’t have the money? Vote and push for something better is about the only option I can think of.

What I don't get is why teeth aren't apparently considered part of the human body by govts?

All other parts of us incl. head, feet, fingernails, eyes etc. are covered by the NHS - so why aren't teeth part & parcel of this?

(Not asking you personally or expecting you to have the answer/s of course - just a general vent!)

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:23 - Feb 8 with 1698 viewsDJR

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:24 - Feb 8 with 1694 viewsflykickingbybgunn

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:13 - Feb 8 by Ryorry

What I don't get is why teeth aren't apparently considered part of the human body by govts?

All other parts of us incl. head, feet, fingernails, eyes etc. are covered by the NHS - so why aren't teeth part & parcel of this?

(Not asking you personally or expecting you to have the answer/s of course - just a general vent!)

We are training only 1000 dentists a year. This is an official cap. How stupid. Why not open it up and for several years train 10,000 p/a. Let's catch up.
I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:31 - Feb 8 with 1671 viewsDJR

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:45 - Feb 8 with 1651 viewsChurchman

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:13 - Feb 8 by Ryorry

I don’t know. Cost? It’s strange because it’s well known that poor dental hygiene/bad teeth can cause all sorts of problems that the NHS then has to treat.
I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:47 - Feb 8 with 1649 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:51 - Feb 8 with 1635 viewsRyorry

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:24 - Feb 8 by flykickingbybgunn

We are training only 1000 dentists a year. This is an official cap. How stupid. Why not open it up and for several years train 10,000 p/a. Let's catch up.

Why not? Cos they'd rather bung it to Mone et al instead

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 17:07 - Feb 8 with 1600 viewsmutters

I was recently told that my dentist will be going full on private at some point this year. After speaking to them it's difficult to know where the fault lies if anywhere. The dentists are saying that it's not cost effective for them to keep NHS contracts but it feels like that they want to earn more private as they know people will have to pay for their services. I had a wisdom tooth removed a couple of weeks ago and my choice was wait 5 months and get it done on the NHS or pay 4 times the cost and get it done the following week. As much as it annoyed me I had to go private as I couldn't wait. There is going to be a lot of people who are going to suffer from this change.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 20:05 - Feb 8 with 1461 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 20:14 - Feb 8 with 1448 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 15:38 - Feb 8 by Churchman

If only there was an electable option that would invest in public services and reverse the privatisation of them!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 20:14 - Feb 8 with 1450 viewsAviator

People should pay for their own dentistry, in the main. Same as

ingrowing toenails
fertility treatment
cosmetic surgery
haircuts
I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 20:25 - Feb 8 with 1429 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 20:14 - Feb 8 by Aviator

ingrowing toenails
fertility treatment
cosmetic surgery
haircuts

Good dental health is linked to life expectancy. I don't think any of the other things you list are. To some degree the first 3 are currently available free on the NHS in certain circumstances.

What you appear to be suggesting is that you don't think people should have the right to a free health service paid for through National Insurance contributions. That is a popular view but leads to far greater disparity between the rich and the poor than we already have. The NHS has been the envy of the world until it has been decided to run it into the ground and privatise it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 20:27 - Feb 8 with 1421 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 20:32 - Feb 8 with 1417 viewsfactual_blue

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 20:14 - Feb 8 by Aviator

ingrowing toenails
fertility treatment
cosmetic surgery
haircuts

And they should do so because? At least one reason would be helpful.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 04:39 - Feb 9 with 1302 viewsRyorry

ingrowing toenails
fertility treatment
cosmetic surgery
haircuts

Obviously people should pay for their own haircuts as they aren't a medical issue; and I can just about understand the middle two being regarded as a personal choice in many cases (at least where mental health isn't impacted); - but ingrowing toenails - really?! They are most certainly a medical issue, not a matter of choice, & nor are the medical conditions (arthritis, spinal problems, poor eyesight etc.) which prevent many people from cutting their own toenails well - or at all.

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 13:22 - Feb 9 with 1194 viewsericclacton

I got my home dentistry kit delivered today free from the CONservaspivs. on 16:27 - Feb 9 with 1126 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Cleans her teeth ten times a day ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024