Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we don't go up this season..... 12:49 - Feb 6 with 6492 viewsBlueBlood90

How likely do you think it is it that McKenna would stay?

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

If we don't go up this season..... on 09:09 - Feb 7 with 468 viewsjayessess

If we don't go up this season..... on 21:42 - Feb 6 by blueislander

Depends what you define as significant amounts, but to say they are unsaleable is not correct.

I think it's pretty obvious what "significant amounts" means here - it means money that would enable us to invest in the squad beyond the ordinary spending we can do from the revenue we make.

At this stage of his career Burns clearly isn't that. At 29 the buyer has no possibility of realising a profit. How much would Ipswich pay for a player in that category? We were hovering around £1m to £1.5m for a striker with way more Championship experience than Burns, even though we were bloody desperate for a forward!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If we don't go up this season..... on 10:50 - Feb 7 with 399 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Very. He would want another go. If we do go up and he feels he has taken the project as far as it can go, then maybe in a couple of years.
If we don't go up this season..... on 12:47 - Feb 7 with 331 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Think it's important to remind ourselves he is lord of the manor here in his own 'project' (training ground rebuild etc)

We are also ahead of schedule, in terms of where we are in the championship. And it is not like when he joined he wasn't aware of FFP which affects ALL non-parachute clubs.

Never say never but I think he is fairly secure here. Clubs like Palace or Brighton are already at their ceiling so I don't see him going there, and I only see him being attracted by the big 6 who are unlikely to go for him at this stage.

The only other type of club I see him tempted by is say, a relegated Everton or a failed to get promoted Leeds.

Finally, it is good that our manager is being talked about after a decade plus of various Pauls! He is also not the only messiah out there and is not bigger than the club. We'll be decently compensated if he goes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024