Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davis cross 22:03 - Feb 3 with 693 viewshunty21

That davis cross for Moores first goal was so intelligent we all expected him to pass it in floor but lofts it up
Davis cross on 08:42 - Feb 4 with 448 viewsnorfsufblue

Absolutely this.. all of a sudden we have a different option and I also think it will create more opportunities for the cutback and driven crosses if teams now have to worry about us standing it up at the back post.
Davis cross on 09:48 - Feb 4 with 382 viewsHighgateBlue

Davis cross on 08:42 - Feb 4 by norfsufblue

Absolutely this.. all of a sudden we have a different option and I also think it will create more opportunities for the cutback and driven crosses if teams now have to worry about us standing it up at the back post.

Yes it is great to have this different option. It was exciting to think about the goals that Moore has scored from set pieces and/or crosses and hoping he could replicate that for Town, so it's great that he already has. To be fair to KMac, he said about having different types of attacking threat, and that was behind the recent recruitment. Many were discussing possible new striker options in terms of whether they fit with the way we play or not. I'm glad that KMac sees a plan B and C as well as his very honed plan A.

However, given that Hirst is physical and of substantial stature, it seems strange that headed goals, and goals ahving won headers, haven't been more of a part of his game. Especially given that we've had some decent wingers for the level we've been at.

Anyway, today I'm choosing to focus on the positives. Let's take HT yesterday as the bottom of the dip and take confidence from the arrival of Moore, knowing that KMac will surely be thinking hard about the other end of the pitch.
Davis cross on 09:55 - Feb 4 with 367 viewsNthQldITFC

It was. Also that free kick was superb, both in execution but also in the disinformation campaign leading up to it. I'd love to know exactly what Chappers was saying behind Davis' shoulder!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024