Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TEAM 14:01 - Feb 3 with 3097 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TEAM on 14:02 - Feb 3 with 2882 viewspointofblue

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TEAM on 14:02 - Feb 3 with 2750 viewspointofblue

No surprises there at all. Didn't expect either of the new strikers to start today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TEAM on 14:03 - Feb 3 with 2626 viewsGavTWTD

That bench... 💙

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

TEAM on 14:04 - Feb 3 with 2549 viewsStewart27

TEAM on 14:02 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

No surprises there at all. Didn't expect either of the new strikers to start today.

I didn’t necessarily expect Moore to start but I wanted him to. Jackson is so ineffective as a number 9.
TEAM on 14:04 - Feb 3 with 2540 viewsHerbivore

TEAM on 14:03 - Feb 3 by GavTWTD

That bench... 💙

Deece.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TEAM on 14:04 - Feb 3 with 2484 viewsEastTownBlue

Me neither. Let’s hope those responses to the line up tweet regarding Jackson age rather badly.
TEAM on 14:06 - Feb 3 with 2329 viewscressi

Great bench although Moore arrived late think he knows the job a centre forward needs to do.
Although Jackson played OK and scored v Sunderland v Leicester his was hopeless like a headless chicken absolutely baffling his starting.
TEAM on 14:08 - Feb 3 with 2182 viewsHerbivore

TEAM on 14:04 - Feb 3 by EastTownBlue

Me neither. Let’s hope those responses to the line up tweet regarding Jackson age rather badly.

Some of our fans are right knobheads. Jackson was always going to start today, Moore and Al-Hamadi haven't had a proper training session with the lads yet.

Login to get fewer ads

TEAM on 14:11 - Feb 3 with 2031 viewsStokieBlue

TEAM on 14:04 - Feb 3 by Stewart27

I didn’t necessarily expect Moore to start but I wanted him to. Jackson is so ineffective as a number 9.

He's done well enough over the last few matches.

He's not the best number 9 ever but the relentless negativity from some of our fans about him is rather pathetic.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

TEAM on 14:14 - Feb 3 with 1861 viewsipswichtillidie

TEAM on 14:08 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

Some of our fans are right knobheads. Jackson was always going to start today, Moore and Al-Hamadi haven't had a proper training session with the lads yet.

People having different opinions is what it’s all about. Could have gone either way tbf. The purest in me wanted Moore to start. Jackson will be no where near the no9 spot again soon and wveryone knows it. He’s covered it admirably though in the absence of H.

Gav

TEAM on 14:15 - Feb 3 with 1856 viewscressi

Don't need to train Jesus I'm sure if Haaland signed in time for man City they would not play Paul Dickov if he had been there at time
TEAM on 14:15 - Feb 3 with 1840 viewsipswichtillidie

Nearly this.. he closes down very well so not totally but as a number 9… no
[Post edited 3 Feb 14:16]

Gav

TEAM on 14:15 - Feb 3 with 1833 viewsBlueDouglas

TEAM on 14:11 - Feb 3 by StokieBlue

He's not the best number 9 ever but the relentless negativity from some of our fans about him is rather pathetic.

SB

It's OK to not rate a player - never seen anything personal or inappropriate posted about him
TEAM on 14:16 - Feb 3 with 1812 viewsBlueBadger

SB

People need to get over the fact that he once fell out with with our worst ever manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TEAM on 14:17 - Feb 3 with 1754 viewsDJR

Jackson's pace really troubled Preston in the pre-season friendly, and Rich or Seb on the Blue Monday podcast pointed out that their defenders are big but nor necessarily mobile.
[Post edited 3 Feb 14:18]
TEAM on 14:18 - Feb 3 with 1718 viewsipswichtillidie

TEAM on 14:16 - Feb 3 by BlueBadger

People need to get over the fact that he once fell out with with our worst ever manager.

I don’t think that has anything to do with it. I think people see his qualities and equally his weaknesses, particularly as a no 9 focal point which he clearly isn’t.
[Post edited 3 Feb 14:19]

Gav

TEAM on 14:20 - Feb 3 with 1655 viewscressi

TEAM on 14:16 - Feb 3 by BlueBadger

Nobody has said nasty or horrible things about Jackson we all hope he scores plays well But after many years of watching Jackson I and others just don't rate him to play as a number 9 unless we have injuries or lack of choice in that position.
TEAM on 14:24 - Feb 3 with 1537 viewsipswichtillidie

SB

I think many fans aren’t being negative just stating what they see. Which they are allowed to do as watching, paying fans.
[Post edited 3 Feb 14:25]

Gav

TEAM on 14:27 - Feb 3 with 1478 viewsHerbivore

TEAM on 14:15 - Feb 3 by cressi

Don't need to train Jesus I'm sure if Haaland signed in time for man City they would not play Paul Dickov if he had been there at time

This is why I can't take your posts seriously.

TEAM on 14:27 - Feb 3 with 1471 viewsStokieBlue

TEAM on 14:24 - Feb 3 by ipswichtillidie

I think many fans aren’t being negative just stating what they see. Which they are allowed to do as watching, paying fans.
[Post edited 3 Feb 14:25]

You're missing the context.

This has been the narrative around Jackson for many years, regardless of performance or position. Some posters are more guilty than others. My post was more a general point on that narrative.

As with everything, context is key.

SB
[Post edited 3 Feb 14:29]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

TEAM on 14:32 - Feb 3 with 1386 viewsipswichtillidie

TEAM on 14:27 - Feb 3 by StokieBlue

You're missing the context.

This has been the narrative around Jackson for many years, regardless of performance or position. Some posters are more guilty than others. My post was more a general point on that narrative.

As with everything, context is key.

SB
[Post edited 3 Feb 14:29]

Yer fair.. In the context as him as a no9 recently, he’s probably lacking somewhat and clearly with two new additions the management feel similar. I’ve liked him as cover for Burns earlier in the season but he’s played admirably well as a makeshift number 9. Hopefully his pace can cause some issues this afternoon.

Gav

TEAM on 14:46 - Feb 3 with 1179 viewsBlueBadger

TEAM on 14:15 - Feb 3 by cressi

Christ alive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TEAM on 14:55 - Feb 3 with 1096 viewsJ2BLUE

Very strong team and bench.

COYB

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TEAM on 09:13 - Feb 4 with 739 viewsSitfcB

We mostly train in ‘the system’ rather than individual players, McKenna has said this, so Moore starting wouldn’t really have made a difference to the other 10 players, and Moore is experienced and good enough to slot straight in as he is used to that sort of role I’m sure, as the second half showed.
[Post edited 4 Feb 9:16]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TEAM on 09:37 - Feb 4 with 710 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

TEAM on 09:13 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

We mostly train in ‘the system’ rather than individual players, McKenna has said this, so Moore starting wouldn’t really have made a difference to the other 10 players, and Moore is experienced and good enough to slot straight in as he is used to that sort of role I’m sure, as the second half showed.
[Post edited 4 Feb 9:16]

Nope, disagree on this. It's a very specific role in this team, and it would definitely make a difference to Moore and the rest of the team because they wouldn't be on the same wavelength at all with virtually no training together. And McKenna agreed, because he didn't start him.

Coming on at half time wasn't ideal either, but at least he'd had a half of watching/analysing how things were playing out and where he'd need to be (with the staff obviously guiding that too).

That's not to say starting Moore wouldn't have worked. It could have, but for me that would've involved a fair bit of luck and asking a lot of him. And then, of course, he tires and you have to bring someone on to replace him (because he's not match fit).

All this is rather academic because without the two goals gifted by the officials in the first 7 minutes it would've been a totally different game, the team would probably have played with a lot more confidence, Jackson might've got more service/joy and then Moore could've come on to win the game rather than get us back close to a draw.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024