Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is where the asylum system fails 06:29 - Feb 2 with 4971 viewsgtsb1966

Get your asylum application rejected twice and commit a sexual offence but allowed to stay as you say you've converted to Christianity. Then he does this. After committing the sexual offence he should have been removed immediately. I expect Rishi and the press to be all over this one.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68167793
This is where the asylum system fails on 17:30 - Feb 2 with 811 viewsbluelagos

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:52 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

https://youtube.com/shorts/1CXMwu530Gg?si=7bOzE6Vg0sYME9Sx
[Post edited 2 Feb 12:55]

If you think that video is a "gotcha" - then you're being more than a bit of a dick blueas.

From someone who has had two refugees living in their home, without any issues.
[Post edited 2 Feb 17:41]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This is where the asylum system fails on 17:35 - Feb 2 with 797 viewsgtsb1966

This is where the asylum system fails on 17:27 - Feb 2 by factual_blue

Sadly the simple can only cope with simple answers.

He had been prosecuted for two sexual offences before he was granted leave to remain. He was put on the sex offenders register for 10 years. He also converted to Christianity because he knew it would strengthen his case not to be sent back. So tell us all what you think should have been done.
This is where the asylum system fails on 18:56 - Feb 2 with 706 viewsronnyd

This is where the asylum system fails on 08:51 - Feb 2 by BloomBlue

It doesn't work that way, it's based on the threat. In this case (based on the TV news, so could be proved incorrect) he argued he had converted to Christianity and that would put him in danger if he returned.

I personally feel if you're an immigrant and commit a crime then that should override anything else and you should be sent back. If you're in danger in your home country and another country gives you a home, then you shouldn't commit a serious crime.

The Home Office isn't fit for purpose and like many public organisations it should be scrapped and started again. John Reid the Home secretary in 2006 said the same then when they had a load of immigrants who had been realised after serving time in prision for crimes committed and the HO didn't have a clue where they were. Nothing has changed.

Probably the reason for converting was to avoid being sent back. Which his brief would have no doubt told/advised him.
This is where the asylum system fails on 19:11 - Feb 2 with 690 viewsleitrimblue

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:36 - Feb 2 by leitrimblue

I think you know exactly what the message is
Your mask is slipping..

Ah Bluebudgie perhaps instead of the downvotes you would like to come and play?
This is where the asylum system fails on 19:38 - Feb 2 with 666 viewsbluebudgie

This is where the asylum system fails on 19:11 - Feb 2 by leitrimblue

Ah Bluebudgie perhaps instead of the downvotes you would like to come and play?

No, too serious a subject to play, There is a mother and two children in hospital with horrific life-threatening injuries because this man has been allowed to stay in this country. Not a subject for the word "play" is it? The illegal immigrant should not have been in this country and those on the appeal board in Newcastle who allowed him to stay after he got a sexual conviction should hang their heads in shame they have blood on their hands. That's the trouble when you allow uncontrolled immigration seems, scum like him is not only allowed to stay in the country but can go around sexually assaulting women also maiming them along with children. When apprehended he should be deported straight away, no ifs no buts.
[Post edited 3 Feb 17:26]
This is where the asylum system fails on 20:12 - Feb 2 with 620 viewsbrazil1982

This is where the asylum system fails on 18:56 - Feb 2 by ronnyd

Probably the reason for converting was to avoid being sent back. Which his brief would have no doubt told/advised him.

Of course. For reasons unknown to me, various charity workers and solicitors are desperate for these dangerous people to be allowed to stay here.
This is where the asylum system fails on 07:39 - Feb 3 with 516 viewsElephantintheRoom

Ive checked with my local vicar and he doesn’t seem to think Christianity is OK with sexual offences. Mind you he isn’t a Roman Catholic - so maybe there is more to this than the vote-catching headline

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

This is where the asylum system fails on 15:11 - Feb 3 with 441 viewsBlueBadger

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:24 - Feb 2 by baxterbasics

It's a sick joke. We've been promised the government would get a grip on this since at least 2010, they have completely failed.

At the same time we are making life harder for many immigrants who are prepared to work and contribute. While scumbags like this one find it all too easy to cheat the system and claim asylum.

It does seem like, to my limited understanding. the only way to deal with these cases properly requires ignoring or withdrawing from whichever international treaties, conventions and courts are being cited as why they get to stay. Herein lies the problem. I don't have the answer.

But we really should have better control of our borders - one of the Brexit bonuses I was promised.

It almost as if you've spent the last couple of decades being conned by shysters.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024