Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
xMcK 22:10 - Jan 28 with 2767 viewsChris_ITFC

xMcK is the measurement of the expected number of days remaining in the holy reign of Kieran McKenna’s at Ipswich Town.

For example, defeat to non-league Maidstone has does a tiny (minute) damage to his reputation, thus has a positive effect on the xMcK.

However:

Fail to land two strikers, allow the chance of promotion to be undermined by one injury, even without fault (FFP, etc), and the xMcK takes a BIG hit if we can’t match his ambitions in this scenario.

The fortunes of ITFC are intrinsically linked to the xMcK.
[Post edited 28 Jan 22:44]
If we don’t get TWO strikers this week… on 22:13 - Jan 28 with 2308 viewsParky

I honestly can’t see him still being here next season if we don’t get up, regardless of who we sign this window.
xMcK on 22:15 - Jan 28 with 2239 viewsCoastalblue

A slight over reaction I think.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

xMcK on 22:16 - Jan 28 with 2241 viewsStokieBlue

You've edited your opening post but mine was unnecessary as well.

Apologies.

SB
[Post edited 28 Jan 23:05]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

xMcK on 22:19 - Jan 28 with 2157 viewsSitfcB

He wasn’t happy at FT yesterday, and didn’t hang about…

Think it would’ve hurt him, and rightly so, the same for many of us, but we’re told ‘freak result’ blah blah - yet even the manager was probably embarrassed and pissed off quite a bit. Could see it in the post match interviews as well.

Good thing is we’ll be right up for Preston on Saturday!!

(Plus we’ll have 3 new players in by then)

And all will be well again.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

xMcK on 22:22 - Jan 28 with 2108 viewsChris_ITFC

xMcK on 22:16 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

Apologies.

SB

I have NO IDEA what you mean.

P.S. Why is everyone so argumentative and contrary on here? You simply try to show an opinion, add your own emphasis of what YOU think is important, and get a reply like that.

More chips than McCains on shoulders round here.
xMcK on 22:25 - Jan 28 with 2052 viewsPioneerBlue

I expect he had tv commitments which is why he had to leave quickly - I didn’t hang around long to discover whether any players actually walked the pitch. There was really nothing to celebrate nor receive appreciation for enduring that

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

It's not everyone mate.... on 22:25 - Jan 28 with 2040 viewsBloots

xMcK on 22:22 - Jan 28 by Chris_ITFC

P.S. Why is everyone so argumentative and contrary on here? You simply try to show an opinion, add your own emphasis of what YOU think is important, and get a reply like that.

....there's a few "normals" knocking around!

AKA - "Elite Pete"

xMcK on 22:25 - Jan 28 with 2042 viewsChris_ITFC

xMcK on 22:19 - Jan 28 by SitfcB

He wasn’t happy at FT yesterday, and didn’t hang about…

Think it would’ve hurt him, and rightly so, the same for many of us, but we’re told ‘freak result’ blah blah - yet even the manager was probably embarrassed and pissed off quite a bit. Could see it in the post match interviews as well.

Good thing is we’ll be right up for Preston on Saturday!!

(Plus we’ll have 3 new players in by then)

And all will be well again.

Here’s hoping!

But, yeah - I can’t imagine there will be any of the “good to focus on the league cliches”. It’s easy to ignore because of his generally calm demeanour, but there is a competitive animal in him in a different way - he wants the absolute best. A poor outcome this week will hurt just like a poor result on the pitch, because of its implications, which are greater if anything.
Login to get fewer ads

The limitations of FFP.... on 22:29 - Jan 28 with 1986 viewsBloots

...must be incredibly frustrating for any manager, but particularly one on such an upward curve.

I fear that the lure of a club with less financial restrictions wil be too much of a lure in the summer.

(on the assumption that we don't go up)

AKA - "Elite Pete"

xMcK on 22:30 - Jan 28 with 1965 viewsSitfcB

xMcK on 22:25 - Jan 28 by PioneerBlue

I expect he had tv commitments which is why he had to leave quickly - I didn’t hang around long to discover whether any players actually walked the pitch. There was really nothing to celebrate nor receive appreciation for enduring that

TV were interviewing half of Maidstone on the pitch, so a bit naive to think that.

Players did the usual walk round without much enthusiasm, understandably.

Some fans clapped, others stood arms folded in disbelief…well I did

COYB

The limitations of FFP.... on 22:33 - Jan 28 with 1938 viewsSitfcB

The limitations of FFP.... on 22:29 - Jan 28 by Bloots

...must be incredibly frustrating for any manager, but particularly one on such an upward curve.

I fear that the lure of a club with less financial restrictions wil be too much of a lure in the summer.

A win yesterday would’ve added another £120,000 to the coffers, and we got £110k for being on the TV

Ashton didn’t look happy at all towards the end, don’t blame him, he was probably counting on an easy £120k.

COYB

xMcK on 22:34 - Jan 28 with 1919 viewsSitfcB

xMcK on 22:16 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

Apologies.

SB

It’s really annoying when people add a pointless reply, basically thinking out loud, that adds nothing to the conversation.

COYB

The limitations of FFP.... on 22:35 - Jan 28 with 1912 viewsChris_ITFC

Yep - no part of my post is really a criticism of the club. They are hugely ambitious too, and are hampered by things outside their control.

But the frustration and temptation of seeing the striker resources he’s competing with - Leicester and Leeds with players worth tens of millions. It’s only human nature to compare.
xMcK on 22:40 - Jan 28 with 1873 viewsStokieBlue

Fair point, just didn't feel it was needed, your post was clear enough without it and also thought I would see how long it took a certain few posters to jump on it.

9 minutes, unfortunately better than the response time of our vital services nowadays.

A good experiment though.

SB

xMcK on 22:42 - Jan 28 with 1849 viewsStokieBlue

xMcK on 22:34 - Jan 28 by SitfcB

It’s really annoying when people add a pointless reply, basically thinking out loud, that adds nothing to the conversation.

You mean like trolling the board about buying covid badges from eBay so you can do what you want during a pandemic when many were dying including relatives and friends of those on the forum?

Those type of posts that add nothing to the conversation?

Think I'll leave it there.

SB
[Post edited 28 Jan 22:43]

xMcK on 22:43 - Jan 28 with 1823 viewsSitfcB

xMcK on 22:40 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

Fair point, just didn't feel it was needed, your post was clear enough without it and also thought I would see how long it took a certain few posters to jump on it.

9 minutes, unfortunately better than the response time of our vital services nowadays.

SB

Oooo Stokie has dabbled into the fishing game.

Proud of you old boy.

X

COYB

xMcK on 22:44 - Jan 28 with 1813 viewsSitfcB

xMcK on 22:42 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

You mean like trolling the board about buying covid badges from eBay so you can do what you want during a pandemic when many were dying including relatives and friends of those on the forum?

Those type of posts that add nothing to the conversation?

Think I'll leave it there.

SB
[Post edited 28 Jan 22:43]

Bloody hell, I’d forgotten about that.

What a sad man you are.

COYB

xMcK on 22:46 - Jan 28 with 1767 viewsChris_ITFC

As I was saying.
xMcK on 22:47 - Jan 28 with 1737 viewsStokieBlue

xMcK on 22:46 - Jan 28 by Chris_ITFC

As I was saying.

Apologies for derailing your thread - I am sure it will get back on track now.

SB

Exactly the sort of thing that Phil… on 22:49 - Jan 28 with 1712 viewsBloots

xMcK on 22:40 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

SB

….has asked to stop happening.

Perhaps you should start taking note.

I’ll leave it there.

Thanks.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

xMcK on 22:52 - Jan 28 with 1643 viewsTheMoralMajority

Because big egos need stroking.

Ignore it, mate. Problem is them, not you. It's why I rarely post here these days. Just get drowned out by narcissists.

...but do signatures really work?

Plus he’s gonna have to…. on 22:52 - Jan 28 with 1646 viewsBloots

The limitations of FFP.... on 22:33 - Jan 28 by SitfcB

A win yesterday would’ve added another £120,000 to the coffers, and we got £110k for being on the TV

Ashton didn’t look happy at all towards the end, don’t blame him, he was probably counting on an easy £120k.

….spend a few grand putting up Perspex barriers and give that old girl £50 for some physio.

A disastrous day all round really.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

xMcK on 22:57 - Jan 28 with 1559 viewsHerbivore

It's going to be a struggle to keep him here if we don't go up but really depends what other jobs become available. I don't think he'd jump ship for just anyone.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The limitations of FFP.... on 23:16 - Jan 28 with 1404 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s a cruel irony that the one time in our existence that we have actual genuine top-level funding, we can’t fully spend it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

xMcK on 23:51 - Jan 28 with 1301 viewsBondiBlue

Because it's the internet? Always assume everyone on the internet is either a troll, a bot or in a bad mood. Then you can only be pleasantly surprised.

What do you reckon the current xMcK is? 5 months? 17 months?

Poll: Which would you accept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024