Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodnight everybody and as as John Cobbold put it 02:06 - Jan 28 with 806 viewspatrickswell

"By losing today, we have given someone else the pleasure of winning"

Now, that line may have worn thin between 2018 and late 2021, but after the last year, it seems a necessary corrective to thinking we've got it cracked.

Ipswich Town under Kieran McKenna means that the smile will be on our faces again before too long. I know it. You know it. So come now all, and keep high mirth.
Goodnight everybody and as as John Cobbold put it on 02:14 - Jan 28 with 768 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Their manager? Very likeable individual. Can't say the same for a few of their fans though.
[Post edited 28 Jan 5:15]
Goodnight everybody and as as John Cobbold put it on 08:05 - Jan 28 with 572 viewstextbackup

Why the fck would I care if anyone was happy and won, against us.

We have some wet lettuce supporters. Sport is about winning. Imagine our ‘professional’ players were to have that attitude

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Goodnight everybody and as as John Cobbold put it on 09:40 - Jan 28 with 499 viewspatrickswell

Goodnight everybody and as as John Cobbold put it on 08:05 - Jan 28 by textbackup

We have some wet lettuce supporters. Sport is about winning. Imagine our ‘professional’ players were to have that attitude

In fairness, I’d had a few drinks when I posted and the wine devil told me that it would annoy the right people if I posted it.

That being said, there’s always been a basic sound logic in what Cobbold said, just as long as it never becomes a habit.
Goodnight everybody and as as John Cobbold put it on 09:52 - Jan 28 with 472 viewsSwansea_Blue

Goodnight everybody and as as John Cobbold put it on 08:05 - Jan 28 by textbackup

There also has to be a loser in sport. As much as going out of the cup to a ‘minnow’ is annoying, John Cobbold’s approach seems to be a lot more gracious and enjoyable.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Goodnight everybody and as as John Cobbold put it on 10:36 - Jan 28 with 427 viewstextbackup

Goodnight everybody and as as John Cobbold put it on 09:52 - Jan 28 by Swansea_Blue

There also has to be a loser in sport. As much as going out of the cup to a ‘minnow’ is annoying, John Cobbold’s approach seems to be a lot more gracious and enjoyable.

Enjoyable 😂👍👍👍

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Goodnight everybody and as as John Cobbold put it on 10:56 - Jan 28 with 399 viewspointofblue

They might lose 2-1 to Maidstone...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024