Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 18:48 - Jan 27 with 910 viewsblueislander

I just looked at the league table, and would you believe it,? We are second.
League on 18:50 - Jan 27 with 872 viewsGeoffSentence

Your 'aving a larf.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

League on 18:52 - Jan 27 with 851 viewsSouperJim

Yeah but Maidstone will be above us now shirley

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

League on 18:52 - Jan 27 with 852 viewsHighgateBlue

Your mood will remain similarly contented as long as you don't start to give a damn how Ipswich Town do in the greatest Cup competition in the world, and one which I had thought we all had great pride in once having won. And even then you'll be fine as long as you don't check out the draw for the next round and find we're characteristically not in.
League on 18:57 - Jan 27 with 809 viewsblueislander

League on 18:52 - Jan 27 by HighgateBlue

Your mood will remain similarly contented as long as you don't start to give a damn how Ipswich Town do in the greatest Cup competition in the world, and one which I had thought we all had great pride in once having won. And even then you'll be fine as long as you don't check out the draw for the next round and find we're characteristically not in.

Slight sense of humour failure? The FA Cup was indeed a wonderful competition, but it has become devalued unfortunately . When we won it, and I was there, it was still hugely important. On the other side of the coin, I was also at Portman Road when we lost to non-league Peterborough .
League on 19:24 - Jan 27 with 703 viewsHighgateBlue

League on 18:57 - Jan 27 by blueislander

Slight sense of humour failure? The FA Cup was indeed a wonderful competition, but it has become devalued unfortunately . When we won it, and I was there, it was still hugely important. On the other side of the coin, I was also at Portman Road when we lost to non-league Peterborough .

If you want to make a joke about our performance, that really is fine, I'm happy to laugh at ourselves, and certainly myself. But your initial message just basically implied that anyone who cares about what happened today shouldn't because it didn't affect the league. The FA Cup is not the League Cup and not the Papa John's. It does matter. But sure, worse things have happened and we move on.

Hopefully we will go on to great success, but when we win the Europa League (another competition devalued since we won it) you won't be celebrating because it won't affect our league position (that was a joke - I'm very accepting of them).
League on 19:24 - Jan 27 with 696 viewsPowrigan

And yet we still played pathetically today.
League on 19:44 - Jan 27 with 626 viewssmithy69

League on 18:52 - Jan 27 by HighgateBlue

Genuinely never been bothered about
The Fa Cup . It’s a competition where teams play 2nd 11s and kids - with ultimately the same 4/5 teams Winning it 90% of
The time

That’s just me and im sure others disagree
League on 19:54 - Jan 27 with 571 viewsmccarthy_is_god

makes the result all the more embarrassing

Poll: Ban the Away Day guff?

Login to get fewer ads

League on 20:07 - Jan 27 with 525 viewsMK1

League on 19:54 - Jan 27 by mccarthy_is_god

makes the result all the more embarrassing

It does, but you have to applaud their 2 goals. When we scored, I was expecting us to go on to win 3 or 4 -1. The fact they scored that second, just totally blew me away. Fair play to them. It was there to win and they did themselves proud. So embarrassing, yet not to be taken to seriously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024