Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. 14:27 - Jan 27 with 12442 viewsSitfcB

F’king hell lads.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:45 - Jan 27 with 1478 viewsBondiBlue

Losing 5-1 at home to norwich for me

Poll: Which would you accept?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:45 - Jan 27 with 1474 viewsSitfcB

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:32 - Jan 27 by BlibbiBlob1976

Typical football fan reply. Well done to Maidstone. Means a lot to them.

Well yes, typical football fan angry they’ve been embarrassed. Idiot.

COYB

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:46 - Jan 27 with 1466 viewsRe_User

Clutching at a lot of straws here, but this wasn’t the worst display I’ve seen. We absolutely battered them and would have scored 6 had it not been for the post, some unbelievable defending/goalkeeping and a very generous referee.

The Lincoln cupset was a far worse performance imo, this is just a huge off-day.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:46 - Jan 27 with 1464 viewsChurchman

That was an absolute humiliation. A national one. At home. They will rightly be laughed at by just about everyone in professional football. How many tiers above them are we supposed to be?

Maidstone totally deserved it. They gave their all, were well organised and took their chances. What did we have to offer? A lot of passing around to zero effect or purpose. The longer the game, the more shambolic we looked. The boy who scored their first goal looked a far better front player than anything we had up there. Perhaps we won’t harm FFP if we sign him? Let’s face it, he looked like Ronaldo compared to poor old treacle feet Aluko. Oh, and we came second on most of the 50/50s.

I tend to be on the more optimistic scale of the spectrum when it comes to the club, McKenna and his team. But not on this occasion. There is not a crumb of anything to be gained from that. Zero. And that includes McKenna’s performance.

Rant over.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:46 - Jan 27 with 1463 viewsFrankMarshall

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:34 - Jan 27 by cressi

I was there for the 9 nil I feel worse today

I was also. This was worse. We lost at home to Maidstone..completely unacceptable result

Frank Marshall

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:47 - Jan 27 with 1452 viewssidmouthblue

Undoubtably that is humiliating for the club and on national tv

It couldn’t get any worse really
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:47 - Jan 27 with 1449 viewsbilllm

Is for me been going since 1971, no words,
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:49 - Jan 27 with 1434 viewsTractorFrog

It wasn't as bad a performance as Barrow a few years ago because at least we were clearly the better team, whereas Barrow genuinely outplayed us, but yes, probably the most embarrassing result. I thought Broadhead was useless up front and might as well not have played. Taylor was similarly useless. Aluko just kept messing things up, maybe he's not the player he once was. Hutchinson annoyed me as well, just seemed more interested in having fun with his skill moves than actually winning the game. Morsy didn't do much wrong but should have had more of an influence, and the whole defence just looked out of shape. Sarmiento did alright, and Burns and Chaplin clearly played well when they came on and were unlucky.

I didn't mind Maidstone getting their moment with the first, as that was a truly class goal and the celebrations were nice to watch. And because I thought we would come back. How we lost that game, and conceded again, is truly an embarrassment.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Login to get fewer ads

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:53 - Jan 27 with 1379 viewsNthQldITFC

Getting embarrassed about things is a weakness though. The internal message should be - we got that wrong, irrespective of bad luck, we got that wrong. What can we take from it? Opponents might try to take the piss and wind us up - so what, doesn't matter - what do we do different next time.

Get stronger from it. Embarrassment only matters if you let it take control. On with the league.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:55 - Jan 27 with 1364 viewsBlibbiBlob1976

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:33 - Jan 27 by NeedhamChris

Typical non football fan reply.

Bet I’ve been a fan longer than you. First match in 1981. You just need some perspective and to be able to say well done to the opposition sometimes. The inability to do so is football’s disease.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:57 - Jan 27 with 1332 viewsBlibbiBlob1976

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:34 - Jan 27 by cressi

I was there for the 9 nil I feel worse today

I was there for that too, with my mate, a Man U fan! That felt much worse than today. Maybe I’m just older now and can put these things in oerspective.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:59 - Jan 27 with 1307 viewsbazza

The Norwich result made me feel far worse than this. Back to the league .
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:59 - Jan 27 with 1297 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:55 - Jan 27 by BlibbiBlob1976

Bet I’ve been a fan longer than you. First match in 1981. You just need some perspective and to be able to say well done to the opposition sometimes. The inability to do so is football’s disease.

Saying well done to the opposition is more when a good team comes down here and makes a game of it. I'd say we had to accept the Leeds result as they were better than us, and understandable why.

But we were shambolic today. Maidstone didn't win it. We lost it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:59 - Jan 27 with 1297 viewsBlibbiBlob1976

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:44 - Jan 27 by Superblue95

I dunno, I was there when we lost 7-1 at Peterborough

I missed that one, fortunately! Can’t believe all this bunch bleating about this.
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:00 - Jan 27 with 1291 viewsSitfcB

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:44 - Jan 27 by Superblue95

I dunno, I was there when we lost 7-1 at Peterborough

So was I!

COYB

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 with 1261 viewsNeedhamChris

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:55 - Jan 27 by BlibbiBlob1976

If today is that meaningless, why is the first time you've ever posted post-match on this forum?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 with 1265 viewsBlibbiBlob1976

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:45 - Jan 27 by SitfcB

Well yes, typical football fan angry they’ve been embarrassed. Idiot.

Melt! Try being magnanimous. You can be disappointed, but calling for McKenna to be sacked, worst performance ever etc. It’s pathetic. Just say well done to Maidstone and move on. There are certainly some idiots in this forum, but I’m not one of them
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 with 1259 viewspointofblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:45 - Jan 27 by BondiBlue

Losing 5-1 at home to norwich for me

No, neither this nor the Peterborough game - where we ended up down to nine men - were more embarrassing than this. At least we were beaten by professional equals.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 with 1261 viewsgainsboroughblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:00 - Jan 27 by SitfcB

So was I!

We were in the lead for five minutes!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 with 1259 viewsArnieM

Wonder how many down arrows I’d have received if I’d posted this thread?

At least I just said the team selection left a lot to be desired and was naive, rather than call the team embarrassing.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 with 1258 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:57 - Jan 27 by BlibbiBlob1976

I was there for that too, with my mate, a Man U fan! That felt much worse than today. Maybe I’m just older now and can put these things in oerspective.

We were a shambles. It showed we well out of our depth and we were a real laughing stock.

These cup shocks happen sometimes. It is embarrassing but far from unique. It just doesn't feel as bad for me. I would rather we lost that than a league match.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:03 - Jan 27 with 1233 viewsNeedhamChris

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 by ArnieM

Wonder how many down arrows I’d have received if I’d posted this thread?

At least I just said the team selection left a lot to be desired and was naive, rather than call the team embarrassing.

Appreciate reading is a significant challenge for you, but he posted that the result was embarrassing not the team

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:04 - Jan 27 with 1211 viewsBlibbiBlob1976

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 14:59 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

Saying well done to the opposition is more when a good team comes down here and makes a game of it. I'd say we had to accept the Leeds result as they were better than us, and understandable why.

But we were shambolic today. Maidstone didn't win it. We lost it.

We had 37 shots vs 2… any other day it would have been 5-1. Sometimes stuff happens. Must say second half was v poor, partic Broadhead and Aluko
The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:05 - Jan 27 with 1186 viewsNeedhamChris

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 by BlibbiBlob1976

Melt! Try being magnanimous. You can be disappointed, but calling for McKenna to be sacked, worst performance ever etc. It’s pathetic. Just say well done to Maidstone and move on. There are certainly some idiots in this forum, but I’m not one of them

This thread highlights the significant failures of the education system.

Where have you seen a) worst performance ever or b) McKenna should be sacked?

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:06 - Jan 27 with 1180 viewsBlibbiBlob1976

The most embarrassing result in ITFC history. on 15:01 - Jan 27 by NeedhamChris

If today is that meaningless, why is the first time you've ever posted post-match on this forum?

I just coukdn’t believe all the nonsense I was reading, so thought I’d pipe up. Is that ok with you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024